Hlep to find right cable for nikon d5
610 4 2022-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
colbo
New

United Kingdom

Hi, if anyone can help id be hugely grateful!!! Im just starting in the world of video and bought a second hand ronin s which already is great but wondered if anyone could help and tell me/link me to the cable i need from the ronin s to my nikon d5?

Many thanks for any help. Very much appreciated.

I've included a picture of the inputs if helpful.
810_8978-connectors.jpg

Col.

810_8978-connectors.jpg
2022-6-24
Use props
XinRain
lvl.4
Belgium

Hello there,

I see that your Nikon D5 camera has a usb micro B type. i don't believe this kind of type comes with the Ronin S kit.
In order to make this work, you need 2 sort of cable types:
1. USB Micro B male to USB type A 2.0 Male or USB 3.0 Male also ok.
2. Ronin S MCC USB Female Adapter.

The Ronin S MCC USB Female Adapter is purchasable in the Dji Store under Ronin S category.
As for the USB micro B male to USB Type A 2.0/3.0 male, you'll need to find a store or a webstore that sells this type of USB cable.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
XinRain
2022-7-26
Use props
colbo
New

United Kingdom

Thanks @XinRain for your help on this. Very much appreciated!!!

2022-7-27
Use props
MacPap
lvl.2
Greece

XinRain Posted at 7-26 14:43
Hello there,

I see that your Nikon D5 camera has a usb micro B type. i don't believe this kind of type comes with the Ronin S kit.

Hi, I have the same problem with my Canon. I've read your recommended cables. I already have a USB 3 to USB C cable but does not work. Any thought why. Also why you did not recommend it either?
2022-8-9
Use props
djiuser_jAjX648gsHPo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67605 ft
United States

File this in the category of, "you learn new something every day." I just got a Ronin SC, and I shoot with a Nikon D500. The D500 is listed on DJI's compatibility list, and the manual says to use the USB C cable with the micro adapter. The D500 also has a Type 3 micro port, and no Type 3 micro adapter was included, which seemed really odd, to me.
I also tried a C to Type 3 micro cable I have for an external HDD, but no joy. I learned a couple of things reading forum comments including that the C to C camera cable is not just a standard C cable (DJI said they were in the process of developing a new cable for another camera), and, apparently, you can use just half the Type 3 micro port. An adapter that looks like a C to micro A adapter comes with the Ronin SC.
Long story short (I know - too late), I attached the DJI micro A adapter to the DJI camera control cable, plug the adapter into the bigger side of the Type 3 micro port (where it will fit), and my D500 works just fine. Enjoy!
2022-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules