drone in Italy
2129 9 2022-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbc846fa8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196860 ft
Belgium

Hello, this summer I will travel trough Italy and take my Mini 3 Pro with me. I am registered in Belgium so I am an EU citizen and in Europe the drone rules are the same in all countries. Normally this means an altitude of 120m but on several Italian sites (like https://uavcoach.com/drone-laws-in-italy/) I read "Drones being flown for recreational purposes may not fly more than 70 meters (230 feet) above the ground"

Also, we will visit Pompeii and Herculaneum. I read that it is not allowed to fly a drone there but is that also for a >249g drone? Do I need special permission?

Any Italian drone pilots here who can help me?

2022-6-25
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is the official Italian site for drone pilots >> https://www.d-flight.it/new_portal/en/. Looks like it has gone through a major revamp recently. If you click on Services in the top right corner you can see a map of Italy and different altitude restrictions.
2022-6-25
Use props
Burstmode
lvl.4
Flight distance : 258379 ft
United States

I have bad news for you: All of the websites that purport to list all the drone rules in all countries are complete failures (including the one linked by the OP above).  None of them are maintained, they're filled with old, contradictory information. They are worse than useless.

When I travel internationally, I see lots of people who appear to be just completely ignoring every rule.  In national parks, where the local laws prohibit flying drones entirely, I've seen the sky thick full of drones zooming around.  I wonder if bad things might happen because of that...

I have a feeling that sending up one's drone over Pompeii and Herculaneum just might violate some rules.  I bet it still happens.
2022-6-25
Use props
fansbc846fa8
lvl.2
Belgium

Masemoto Posted at 6-25 14:21
Here is the official Italian site for drone pilots >> https://www.d-flight.it/new_portal/en/. Looks like it has gone through a major revamp recently. If you click on Services in the top right corner you can see a map of Italy and different altitude restrictions.

d-flight is a private company. You have to register as a user to be able to use their maps. Not that I don't want to but WTF is a "tax payer  identification"??

2022-6-26
Use props
fansbc846fa8
lvl.2
Belgium

Burstmode Posted at 6-25 15:26
I have bad news for you: All of the websites that purport to list all the drone rules in all countries are complete failures (including the one linked by the OP above).  None of them are maintained, they're filled with old, contradictory information. They are worse than useless.

When I travel internationally, I see lots of people who appear to be just completely ignoring every rule.  In national parks, where the local laws prohibit flying drones entirely, I've seen the sky thick full of drones zooming around.  I wonder if bad things might happen because of that...

True, also in Belgium, if you follow the rules strictly it is impossible to fly a drone.
2022-6-26
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansbc846fa8 Posted at 6-26 01:28
d-flight is a private company. You have to register as a user to be able to use their maps. Not that I don't want to but WTF is a "tax payer  identification"??

[view_image]

"d-flight S.p.A. is a company belonging to ENAV Group, the Italian company responsible for management and control of civil air traffic in Italy."  If you find better sites then use those. Outdated or not look through all the various websites and use common sense.
If you have to question if you are allowed to fly somewhere you probably aren't or shouldn't. Don't be that guy >>
https://dronedj.com/2022/05/05/tourist-crash-drone-italy/

2022-6-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

go to youtube and look for the bazillion flights in the areas where you have questions.
2022-6-26
Use props
fansbc846fa8
lvl.2
Belgium

Masemoto Posted at 6-26 09:29
"d-flight S.p.A. is a company belonging to ENAV Group, the Italian company responsible for management and control of civil air traffic in Italy."  If you find better sites then use those. Outdated or not look through all the various websites and use common sense.
If you have to question if you are allowed to fly somewhere you probably aren't or shouldn't. Don't be that guy >>
https://dronedj.com/2022/05/05/tourist-crash-drone-italy/

You didn't read my remark very well I said I have no problem trying to register but I can't get past the first screen because I don't know what to fill in here :
2022-6-26
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Remember registration  can be in any EU country.  Cyprus and Ireland have a foreign section in English for registering.
2022-6-26
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You state you are registered in Belguim you don't need to register again if flying in an EU member country. I assume by register you have an operators number.

I take it you mean less than 250g, (<250g ).
2022-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules