Replaying a flight with video using DJI SDK?
638 1 2022-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_9tmDFOg6c1nn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204140 ft
United States

I'm developing an Android app using the DJI SDK.  
One thing that would be tremendously useful is to be able to run the app with a "mock" aircraft that just streams video and telemetry data from a pre-recorded flight.  

I've seen the "replay" available through "Profile" -> "More" -> (Select flight) - it's in the right direction but not quite what I'm looking for.  

I'm looking to startup the app with no aircraft connected, and chose a pre-recorded flight (with synced telemetry and video), and stream data from that recording, through the app, as if it were coming from a real aircraft.  (Of course, there would be no response to controls, since it's a replay, not a simulation)

Does DJI (or any 3rd party) have something like this already?  Or is it in the works?  It would definitely make app-development a lot easier.  

2022-6-25
Use props
peteredoc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204140 ft
United States

It seems like in principle, it should be possible to get this working via the bridge app - i.e. run another version of the bridge app on another device that just mocks the drone.  But I have no idea how complicated that would be to set up.
2022-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules