Mini Pro 3 w/ RC return to home button dissapears
2163 8 2022-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Select_Wes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1309695 ft
United States

Hi, I'm a total novice but I've noticed that I lose the ability to use the return to home function while flying.
I make sure that I have at least 12 satellites before launching but sometimes when I'm ready to return home the only option I have is to land.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Wes
2022-6-26
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the drone too close to you it will land wherever it is when you press button. ( I think its 5 meters now ) but used to be further before updates.
2022-6-26
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

1st make sure its set to RTH (not descend) in safety settings
2022-6-26
Use props
Select_Wes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1309695 ft
United States

Goggles Pisano Posted at 6-26 10:22
1st make sure its set to RTH (not descend) in safety settings

Thank you, that explains it.  I was flying vertically and not traveling very far.
2022-6-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What about the RTH button on the controller?
I can not comment on why the button would disappear from the screen device but RTH should 'work' irrespective of the distance of the drone from the home point, HOWEVER as noted the RTH behaviors vary with distance from the home point.
As with most drone things, verify your understanding of how things work with a practical experiment.

2022-6-26
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-26 12:56
What about the RTH button on the controller?
I can not comment on why the button would disappear from the screen device but RTH should 'work' irrespective of the distance of the drone from the home point, HOWEVER as noted the RTH behaviors vary with distance from the home point.
As with most drone things, verify your understanding of how things work with a practical experiment.

The RTH button on the controller screen can be covered by histogram or screen record by accident.  (maybe ?}
never really checked.
I don't have too many hours on DJI Fly app app yet .But. like  you said what about the RTH button on the controller?
2022-6-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Wes. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refer to the post posted above by Goggles Pisano on post #2. In addition kindly please post a screenshot showing the issue for us to be able to see and can assist. Thank you.
2022-6-27
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check the manual as well. There are several RTH behaviors depending on distance and other factors.
2022-6-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There's no magic number of satellites,  you should wait until it says the home point has been updated to know you have a satellite lock.  
2022-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules