Anyone else prefer the RC-N1 with the Mini 3 or is it just me?
3625 16 2022-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mkdp.photos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 717218 ft
Canada

I've used both a couple of times now and I'm not sure what it is, but the RC-N1 feels better in my hand and I seem to prefer it

The layout of the joysticks feel more ergonomic to me and I don't have  to worry about my thumbs blocking the screen. The weight/heft of it also  feels better to me not sure why

The RC on the other hand is very convenient but it's almost TOO light,  it feels like a toy, also the screen gets SUPER hot in moderate sunlight, I mean after 20 minutes of flying in the sun, you could legitimately get burned if you touch the screen

And lastly, the RC signal seems to be way more direction sensitive, if I  tilt the controller up for example and not have it pointed DIRECTLY at  the drone if its far away, I'll drop bars. This doesnt seem to happen as  much with the RC-N1, it seems to spread out the signal better so I can  hold it at an upwards angle without any signal loss

2022-6-26
Use props
SgtMercy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1100558 ft
United States

I like the RC. I took my Mini 2 out to update the firmware and OMG the N1 with my phone felt like a brick compared to the RC.
2022-6-26
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I bought the Mini 3 Pro with standard controller as I wanted to use a 11" tablet, however there was a problem with the camera so I returned it for a full refund as they did n't have anymore in stock.

Keeping a lookout for stock a week later they had stock of the Mini 3 with screen controller, but not the standard controller so I bought it. I also have a Mini 2 so I thought I can use that controller on occasions when I want to use a tablet.

After my first flights with the screen controller I was so happy with it and thought my bad luck had turned out to be good luck. I am very happy with the screen controller, it is so easy and conveinent. It has a few nuances but its just getting use to them.

Each to their own, I may end up selling the Mini 2 as I don't think I will use the controller with a tablet to fly the Mini 3 pro in the end, however I'll see how it goes.

2022-6-26
Use props
Canadian Pirate
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65075 ft
Canada

I have medium-large skinny hands and I like the DJI RC. I haven't had any issues with blocking the screen or worrying about that. The screen could be brighter, but it's enough to see what's going on. I wish they had official accessories for the DJI RC and not just spare thumbsticks.
2022-6-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can't make a comparison, as I bought the Mini3 Pro with the dedicated RC, which I'm entirely happy with.  More convenient than having to link my phone or tablet using a cable.
2022-6-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mkdp.photos. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information and your positive feedback for the DJI RC-N1. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.
2022-6-26
Use props
enricorc_cz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609390 ft
Czechia

I've always preferred the RC controller, but only yesterday I found the main reason why it's the best for me. Yesterday there was a really hot weather - about 35°...  On the hot sun my phone is overheating and falling to power save or turning off completely. I cant imagine what would happend if it would be connected to the drone during the flight...   I know that controller can run without phone but...
2022-6-26
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please remember that your drone uses the controller to fly and not the app. If using a phone and N1 are the phone crashes the controller still works regardless of the phone.

That said I prefer the DJI Rc to the N1
2022-6-26
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I much prefer the DJI RC over the N1. I find it much easier to pinch the sticks for precision control.
2022-6-27
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

N1...? Never again.   
2022-6-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting observations.  
2022-6-27
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

Still waiting for the N1 to ship to me.
RC looks nice, but not worth the extra money for the RC (for me).
Its preference but I like having the screen above my hands. It's like playing a gaming console with the TV in front of you (in a way). I also don't like having to tether my phone to the RC, when my phone will already update maps when I launch the app. Wifi on the RC apparently disconnects and doesn't auto connect on startup (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I don't like having to be locked to the hardware the RC comes with, when you will always upgrade your phone (though this shouldn't be a problem right now). Also RC has no support for third party apps (for now, I'm assuming).
More preference, but seems like the majority likes the RC.
2022-6-27
Use props
nightwave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41844 ft
United Kingdom

Prefer the n1 using it with iphone pro max 13 works great
2022-6-27
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 673862 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I can relate with the thinking that weight equals quality
2022-6-27
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI RC is one of the primary reason for me to get the Mi3P since I already have a mini, mini2 and air 2. Having a RC with a screen that weight about the same as the N1 is great. It's almost a must if you travel a lot since you can setup to fly and pack up after so much faster. Since I rarely fly beyong VLOS, I haven't really experience any signal problem.
2022-6-27
Use props
djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1851703 ft
Australia

More options available to with the rcn1, using phone or tablet and and I personally have never had a issue with the phone over heating and, and really are you that week that the weight of the controller matters, and last I get full resolution images available with using my phone.now the new controller can't beat that.
2022-6-27
Use props
djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1851703 ft
Australia

djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux Posted at 6-27 21:46
More options available to with the rcn1, using phone or tablet and and I personally have never had a issue with the phone over heating and, and really are you that week that the weight of the controller matters, and last I get full resolution images available with using my phone.now the new controller can't beat that.

Really weight and time is an issue with setting up.thats funny
2022-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules