Action 2 Video length
4109 4 2022-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dgualazzi
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Quick question.  Does the Action 2 save video clips in 5 minute segments?  Normally, I don't record that long so I just experienced this today.  Wondering if it's a setting that we can change.
2022-6-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. Therefore, the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems.  It is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you and have a good one!
2022-6-28
Use props
dgualazzi
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-28 19:03
Hi there. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. Therefore, the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems.  It is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you and have a good one!

Thanks for the details!  I guess its not a big issue. I dont usually record that long anyways. Thanks again.
2022-6-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

dgualazzi Posted at 6-28 20:25
Thanks for the details!  I guess its not a big issue. I dont usually record that long anyways. Thanks again.

You are very much welcome. Thank you also for your valued support.
2022-7-15
Use props
bradzilla
First Officer
Flight distance : 40453 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I noticed this as well. Funny thing is my insta360 One R allows me to record as long as i need to on one file. Which is much easier to deal with. I use my cameras mainly for my youtube videos, so having one large file, then just cutting out what i dont want (or mistakes) makes editing easy. Not having to put them all together first in the right order.
2022-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules