1869 10 2022-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Darkpaw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 536896 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I was very disappointed to find out that I came back from a trip around 700 miles away and got footage of some beaches with my Mini 3 pro, only to find out when I got home that all of the video files appear to be CORRUPT.     The pictures turned out fine, but all video files are unusable.  The are all in MP4 with h.264 encoding.  One of them was in 2.7k, but the rest are in 4k.  None of them work.

Video files captured a few days ago work fine.  Nothing seems to be recording now.

Has this happened to anybody else?  I'm updating the firmware on everything now, with the updates just released for the RC and aircraft.

EDIT/UPDATE: It appears that this is only happening to the ones that are recorded in "10-bit D-Cinelike".  Do I need a codec on the computer for this?  I already have the HVEC codec installed, for h.265.
2022-7-1
Use props
tanasit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145509 ft
United States

Try with different players.
None of my MP4 files can be played back by the default Windows Media Player but the MOV files are okay.
Then I used the VLC Player for the MP4 regardless of Cine or Normal, 264 or 265, it works fine.
2022-7-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Darkpaw. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different media player for us to be able to isolate the issue. In addition I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out what media player they are using as well. Thank you.  
2022-7-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had this happen to me when I switched off the drone after landing BEFORE stopping the recording.  The issue was reproduced a couple of times since.  Could this be what happened in your case?
2022-7-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

10bit in MP4 format is not well supported,  you could convert them with handbrake to make them more readable.
2022-7-2
Use props
Prototype_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261112 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-2 01:03
10bit in MP4 format is not well supported,  you could convert them with handbrake to make them more readable.

I had a corrupt memory card a few times where I couldn't read it on my PC, it just said card not formatted. I found that I could still access the files by either transferring them to my phone using Quick Transfer or connecting the Drone to my PC using the USB C cable.
2022-7-2
Use props
Darkpaw
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 7-2 01:03

What's the best option for recording in 10-bit D-Cinelike?

It's not just the player that's the problem.  I can't load or render them in Pinnacle Studio, either, so I can't edit them.  
2022-7-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Darkpaw Posted at 7-2 13:18

It's not just the player that's the problem.  I can't load or render them in Pinnacle Studio, either, so I can't edit them.

As Bleriot53 says, most times this problem is caused by switching off ther drone without stopping the record process.
2022-7-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Darkpaw Posted at 7-2 13:18

For best compatibility use H265 but you need a good computer and editor to process them,   if you don't have that then your best to stick to Normal.
2022-7-2
Use props
Darkpaw
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 7-2 23:03
For best compatibility use H265 but you need a good computer and editor to process them,   if you don't have that then your best to stick to Normal.

h.265 is fine on my system (24 cores, 48 threads) so I guess I'll have to start using that for when recording in D-Cinelike.  It forces to use h.265 when going over 30fps, anyways...I guess h.264 can't handle the compression at that frame rate.

Thanks for the recommendation.
2022-7-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Darkpaw Posted at 7-4 05:52
h.265 is fine on my system (24 cores, 48 threads) so I guess I'll have to start using that for when recording in D-Cinelike.  It forces to use h.265 when going over 30fps, anyways...I guess h.264 can't handle the compression at that frame rate.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Yes,  if you can process it then h265 will have a lot more information inside.  
2022-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules