3698 9 2022-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I noticed today when recording video the smart controller would start to freeze up after a minute or so while flying. To the point where the app was unusable but I could still manually fly. At one point I got a notification the App had frozen up. If I had been at a distance I might not have got my drone back.

Turns out disabling video cache fixes the freezing. In turn, swapping the SD Card in the controller with a faster card and enabling cache again and everything is back to normal.

TLDR: if your controller freezes while recording video. Try turning off caching or use a faster SD card in the controller.
2022-7-2
Use props
SgtMercy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1100558 ft
United States

If it does happen at a distance the RTH button still works.
2022-7-2
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SgtMercy Posted at 7-2 13:19
If it does happen at a distance the RTH button still works.

Nice one. Glad this still works. I still had control and luckily I was still in the garden when it froze up.
2022-7-2
Use props
KeithM6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450400 ft
  • >>>
United States

Had my controller screen freeze after encountering a weak signal caused by being behind some trees. The image would reappear from time too time but never recovered even when close by the transmitter. Height, speed and distance info all disappeared from the display but returned with incorrect info during approach. Used RTH and landed manually. Here's  screen shot after landing showing the drone at 393' doing 23.4 mph 1813' from home point when on the ground. Never had this issue before the new update.
2022-7-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KeithM6 Posted at 7-2 14:52
Had my controller screen freeze after encountering a weak signal caused by being behind some trees. The image would reappear from time too time but never recovered even when close by the transmitter. Height, speed and distance info all disappeared from the display but returned with incorrect info during approach. Used RTH and landed manually. Here's  screen shot after landing showing the drone at 393' doing 23.4 mph 1813' from home point when on the ground. Never had this issue before the new update.
[view_image]

Youve reported this to DJI i take it?
2022-7-2
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good info in case this ever happens.
2022-7-2
Use props
KeithM6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450400 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I reported the incident to DJI.
2022-7-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Smart Controller or DJI RC (Rm330). ??
2022-7-3
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-3 00:09
Smart Controller or DJI RC (Rm330). ??

My bad, the new DJI RC with the screen.
2022-7-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good info and just another reason to use only high speed capable SD cards.  
2022-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules