469 18 2022-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My mate needed some software, so I stuck it on an SD card, inserted it into the Mini 2 and sent it to him, he's only a short distance from me so was an interesting bit of fun, been wanting to do sommat like this since getting the mini 2.

The video ain't much of much, but there is one thing i must point out, not having the blooming crosshairs on the screen threw me big time and i kept on using that stupid exposure lock as the center, don't ask i prob thought that that was a crosshair lol, i really don't know...

Anyhoo, we were on the phone throughout, also he can see the drone when its over mine at around 43ft high from his 3rd story top floor window, i lose sight when i descend mind due to being at ground level.
We also had a backup plan for the return, if I fail to reestablish lock then either he binds his rc and send its back or he brings it round lol

I was prudent enough to put it in FCC mode cause but we both knew that has soon as i descend past the roofline it would drop connection, although this didn't happen till just below the second floor window, CE would have been just past the ridge tiles lol, i also set it to descend on disconnect, didn't want any surprises. I stayed in place just on the edge of losing the connection so that the little lad was out of the way for definite and that he was ready for it to land, so with his go command i gave it hard left stick down, video dropped 1st as i could still hear it descending over the phone right till the point when RC lost connection. It then hover at his oustretched hand (he could touch it) and he waited till it started landing and hand caught, that part surprised me as he's not a catcher lol.

Once he removed the card we tried a few on ground locations including the road in front and the main road but the houses were just too much, so we tried the fall back and he stuck it out of his 3rd floor window, this worked, connection came back although it was a bit sporadic until i got it dialed in with a perfect alignment and as soon as he said he was happy, i started the motors and he tugged it and let go, a quick skip forward and then up, the rest is pretty much standard from there, his little lad wanted to watch it so i hovered in front for a short time then brought it home. The End lol, it was fun to do

Please excuse the parched garden, hardly any rain here for many weeks

here goes...

2022-7-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy's Delivery Company at your service.    Cool video.  
2022-7-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-4 04:53
Bashy's Delivery Company at your service.    Cool video.

It was fun to do, strangely i wasn't worried at all, spose cause i/we planned it well.
2022-7-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Bashy,

How do you bring the CE into FCC on a CE drone?

cheers
JJB
2022-7-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 7-4 05:22
Hi Bashy,

How do you bring the CE into FCC on a CE drone?

Will PM ya
2022-7-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Move over, Amazon Prime  
2022-7-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 7-4 05:05
It was fun to do, strangely i wasn't worried at all, spose cause i/we planned it well.

I'm sure it was a fun event.  Planning is always a great step but the execution step can get a bit tricky at times and no issue at all at other times.  

Still, pretty cool event Bashy.

2022-7-4
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Bashy,

How do you bring the CE into FCC on a CE drone?

I'd like to know too please, just out of interest.  Was this the Mini 2?  I see RAW format and mine doesn't have this.
2022-7-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bashy. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information and video that you have filmed with us. Have a nice day and keep flying.
2022-7-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rockbyter Posted at 7-4 10:15
Hi Bashy,

I repled to this yeaterday, weird, anyway, will reply again, I sent a pm as you already know lol and yes, this was with the Mini 2, yours should have raw although i am on an earlier FW and probably an earlier app too
2022-7-4
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

That’s the future right there, drone delivery.
2022-7-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah OK,  now I see why you have the SD card error,      at least it was a good way to kill some time.  
2022-7-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-4 23:54
Ah OK,  now I see why you have the SD card error,      at least it was a good way to kill some time.

Yeah, sure was, been wanting to do that from day one lol
2022-7-5
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Give amazon a run for there money
2022-7-5
Use props
neoborg
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 7-4 05:22
Hi Bashy,

If Bashy doesn't mind, I'd also like to know this.  I always understood that it wasn't possible on the latest firmware and software.
2022-7-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

neoborg Posted at 7-5 12:39
If Bashy doesn't mind, I'd also like to know this.  I always understood that it wasn't possible on the latest firmware and software.

Youre correct, for the most part it cannot be done, on the latest fw, that's why i didn't update ;)  but I will PM as not all is lost
2022-7-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-5 00:21
Yeah, sure was, been wanting to do that from day one lol

And for the next trick a drop mechanism for the Mini2?
2022-7-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-5 22:41
And for the next trick a drop mechanism for the Mini2?

ha ha, probably is one already...
2022-7-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hahahahaha. Fun story and nice to see
2022-7-6
Use props
Advanced