Mini 3 Pro - RC Controller Getting Hot
1554 8 2022-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_DtP8lUDo0KD8
lvl.1

United States

Greetings. - I'm noticing after every flight that the RC Controller with touch screen is getting hot.  I first noticed this near the bottom right of the screen, but can feel the heat throughout the entire screen.  Before I inform DJI, I thought to ask the question here on the forum first.  Note I can fly my mini no problem, controller also working fine but the heat is it a concern?  Is this normal?  Is anyone else noticing this?

2022-7-4
Use props
djiuser_HkuMlHWTZ4qt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2594078 ft
United States

Yes, I noticed that as well, first I thought it was because I was out in the Sun, but next day I flew at a Pond from inside the car with the AC crankedup and the screen got just as hot
2022-7-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. May we please know are you receiving any error message or error code on the DJI Fly application when this is happening? In addition the DJI RC ( https://www.dji.com/rc?site=brandsite&from=nav ) has an operating temperature or -10° to 40° C ( 14° to 104° F ). Thank you.
2022-7-4
Use props
djiuser_DtP8lUDo0KD8
lvl.1

United States

Greetings - thank you for acknowledging my post, to answer your question ... I do not receive any error messages on the DJI Fly application when this is happening.  I have always flow once and only using less then one standard battery, but I do have the fly more kit as well.  I do not have any long extended or challenging flights thus far as I am focusing on understanding flight overall before venturing out for other, more extended recordings.  I noticed the operating temperature on the web as ... Tested at room temperature (77° F/25° C) and should be used for reference only.  I did not see or find any mention of the -10° to 40° C ( 14° to 104° F ). you have indicated which if much more.  I have no way of measuring what the surface temperature is but if getting hot is normal, then ok.  I will continue to use the controller and should anything out of the norm arise, I will inform DJI accordingly.
2022-7-5
Use props
rpguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5738396 ft
United States

djiuser_DtP8lUDo0KD8 Posted at 7-5 07:45
Greetings - thank you for acknowledging my post, to answer your question ... I do not receive any error messages on the DJI Fly application when this is happening.  I have always flow once and only using less then one standard battery, but I do have the fly more kit as well.  I do not have any long extended or challenging flights thus far as I am focusing on understanding flight overall before venturing out for other, more extended recordings.  I noticed the operating temperature on the web as ... Tested at room temperature (77° F/25° C) and should be used for reference only.  I did not see or find any mention of the -10° to 40° C ( 14° to 104° F ). you have indicated which if much more.  I have no way of measuring what the surface temperature is but if getting hot is normal, then ok.  I will continue to use the controller and should anything out of the norm arise, I will inform DJI accordingly.

For a point of reference. My DJI-RC Temp 125F-130F (center screen) edges of screen are a bit cooler. No error messages or issues that I have noticed.
2022-7-5
Use props
djiuser_Jkq1ubeVMGOl
New

United Kingdom

I have also noticed my screen getting very hot, the screen will lock up and become unresponsive. Fortunately the controls still allow me to land safely. I then have to restart the controller for it to work again.
2022-7-9
Use props
Talkinghead
New

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-7-4 21:15
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. May we please know are you receiving any error message or error code on the DJI Fly application when this is happening? In addition the DJI RC ( https://www.dji.com/rc?site=brandsite&from=nav ) has an operating temperature or -10° to 40° C ( 14° to 104° F ). Thank you.

hi Steve, I have the same issue of my controller getting very hot. Once this happens i cannot update RTH. The icon will not black out so i can change location, I believe this is because the screen is getting so hot  my finger will not register on the icon, so cannot OK the change in location. I do not have any errors. Your thoughts?
2023-11-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Talkinghead Posted at 11-28 01:49
hi Steve, I have the same issue of my controller getting very hot. Once this happens i cannot update RTH. The icon will not black out so i can change location, I believe this is because the screen is getting so hot  my finger will not register on the icon, so cannot OK the change in location. I do not have any errors. Your thoughts?

Hi there. Sorry about the experience. Do you usually experience this issue? The DJI RC/N1 has a heat dissipation function in its back. Also please make sure that the RC is within the operating temperature: -10° to 40° C (14° to 104° F)

Have a nice day.
2023-11-28
Use props
djiuser_1Jt0eJgESQfJ
New

India

Hi guys , I started getting an error unable to calibrate my remote because the zoom dial was not functioning properly , upon googling I found this was a very common issue with this remote . Anyway I opened it myself and slightly adjusted the zoom wheel and it started working properly . Also I noticed my screen getting very hot inspite of there being a heat sink , I found there is no heat sink paste nor thermal pads to conduct heat . I added 2 layers of 15w/my thermal pads and will observe.
2-21 20:44
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules