What control mode to learn for a PC gamer? Mode 3?
2236 3 2022-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_85w7YrSI6pvj
lvl.1

United States

I've flown my new Mini 3 a few times & am having fun. So far I've been using the default Mode 2 control scheme. However I'm a PC gamer & the common mode 2 doesn't match up with that at all. Would I likely be better off switching to Mode 3 as that most closely imitates a keyboard & mouse setup (Left hand on WADS keys for forward/backwards, strafe left/right & mouse with right hand turn left/right & look up & down)? Not a perfect match, but much closer than Mode 2. My wife will likely end up flying the drone a fair bit & is a gamer too.
Trying to figure out if I (we) should learn the standard Mode 2 configuration & develop the muscle memory for that. Or go with the more familiar Mode 3, despite it being less standard.
2022-7-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI Co Pilots who are using different flight modes when flying there DJI Mini 3 Pro can share and give out the best recommendation with regards to this inquiry. Just a reminder that the default mode is Mode 2. Thank you.

2022-7-4
Use props
CineDude
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I would like Mode 4:

Left stick: Up/down (altitude) and left/right (roll)

Right stick: Forwards/backwards (pitch) and turn left/turn right (yaw)

I'm a Mode 2 guy for regular RC helicopters, but Mode 4 just makes more sense for flying drones due to how they fly and react to control input.

2022-7-16
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

As a console gamer I decided for Mode 3 ... the default Mode 2 was a total no-go for me.

I like forward/backward on the left and especially steering left/right on the right stick, the later like in many racing games ;-)
2022-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules