490 8 2022-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dygme
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just sold my Mavic 2 Pro. I wanted to get into something with better technology and comes with an RC with a good screen. What a pain in the neck it was to fly my Mavic with a tablet or phone and a cable attached. I'm above amature but that's about it. I never crashed my Mavic, so I'm pretty careful when I fly. I kind of wanted to ask is this new mini really good at avoidance and ease of flying? There's only so much you can see on the RC when you can't see the drone itself in the air.

I really want to ask about how good is the video transmission 03? I looked at the specs and it indicates 11 miles!!!!! Come on, seriously? I wouldn't dare go out 2 miles with my old Mavic. Is the wireless system that good with this unit? Do you always have to be LINE OF SITE or it would actually work around some buildings/obstacles? Just trying to get some feedback from real time users that have used their units already. I'm going to use the money I got from my Mavic 2 Pro to buy this one. I actually like that it is smaller, and has better tech, but that doesn't always mean it is better. Of course they always get you on the high priced fly more kit with the special batteries with pretty good flying times. Any feedback?? Thanks a million!

2022-7-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You should google "DJI Mini 3 disconnections"  before you go any further lol. Also google DJI mini 3 lens fogging.
The latest firmware update might have addressed the disconnection issue but I would watch the issue for a while yet before you spend and of your pension.
2022-7-4
Use props
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is the wireless system that good with this unit?

IMO, no it's not.  I have both a Mini 2 and Air 2, and now the Mini 3 Pro.  With the DJI RC controller, it is no better than my other two drones with their RC-N1 controllers, in terms of distance that you can fly and maintain FPV and a connection to the drone.  Not sure what type of flyer you are, but I really don't fly BVLOS anymore anyway.  So, it's not a issue for me that the "claimed" maximum operating distance is way shorter than 12 km.  Others might weigh this attribute more in their decision making.  Is it adequate?  Yes.  Is it superb to other DJI models? No.
2022-7-4
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D776%26typeid%3D776
2022-7-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

"wireless system?"  wth.
2022-7-4
Use props
Dygme
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 7-4 18:25
"wireless system?"  wth.

AKA video transmission system. I figured everyone would have figured that out. It is in essence a wireless system at the highest level, no?

Their drones use Wi-Fi, OcuSync and Lightbridge. I used the phrase "wireless system" to kind of capture all three.
2022-7-4
Use props
Dygme
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 7-4 17:48
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=267990&extra=page%3D3%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D776%26typeid%3D776

I appreciate all the responses. When I purchased my Mavic 2 Pro I always had transmission issues. I wore a tin foil cone on my head and was able to get about 10 feet more. It's a shame a nice compact drone has so many issues. I guess we all know DJI really uses its customers for their R&D/testing. Isn't that illegal if it is not in the POS?
2022-7-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dygme. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI Co Pilots who owns the DJI Mini 3 Pro can give out and share there flight experience with you. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2022-7-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

With every new drone (or tech product) there is a lot of hype. People like new toys. And then they are disappointed because... Well. Sometimes because they find out their talent did not improve with the new toy.
And they have to adapt to new things, which is hard too.
Not saying there is not an issue, but you see this with every new release.
For flying VLOS, they should make it work. (And I think they did).
2022-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules