Huge Issue with DJI Mic
10137 33 2022-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spicemeister
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just wondering if someone here can give me some advice.

I'm having a problem with my DJI Mic. When recording internally, every few minutes the mic will skip a second and miss it out, resulting in missed audio and having to cut and re sync in post every few minutes. This only happens on one transmitter. I've tried updating the firmware to the latest firmware but the same thing still happens.

Any ideas what this might be and how I can fix it?
2022-7-6
Use props
djiuser_hIq0Iwe5jGHi
New

Russia

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?
2022-7-9
Use props
spicemeister
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_hIq0Iwe5jGHi Posted at 7-9 01:55
I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

I am yet to find a solution! Very annoying and I guess not enough people have them yet for it to be a big issue.
2022-7-11
Use props
mikedamus
lvl.1
United States

I am having the same problem
2022-9-7
Use props
djiuser_rhKlLtLczfzZ
New

Russia

2022-10-17
Use props
spicemeister
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI have told me to send it in for repair but not covering it under warranty as I purchased it in the US and live in the UK, so they’re charging me to repair it and for posting it.

No closer to finding out what this issue is.
2022-10-17
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Very frustrating!
2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_YvpnHCM8MMJw
lvl.1

United States

Skips every 2 minutes or so .. probably a bandwidth problem.. rather have mp3 recording that doesn't skip than a wav that has issues .. why  .. it's really unacceptable to record music and it has f'ing skips in it. Updated the firmware and nope.. didn't work. nyone had any new info on this?
2022-11-29
Use props
djiuser_YvpnHCM8MMJw
lvl.1

United States

we should start spreading this issue on youtube.. maybe they will pay attention... at least save someone elses money/headache.
2022-11-29
Use props
jcruzi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123976 ft
Australia

Same problem! I thought I am the only one!
2022-12-13
Use props
503evan
New

United States

same problem here, caused a huge headache syncing audio for a podcast
2022-12-14
Use props
djiuser_32cHaNpHBm9X
New

Finland

mikedamus Posted at 9-7 17:01

Why the Mini Pro 3 does not support the microphone The microphone records the sound in the video only in "Screen record" mode and the video can only be viewed once.  the transmission of sound from the controller to the copter would be absolutely important.
2022-12-26
Use props
fansfcdb988c
New
Flight distance : 1713 ft
United States

I’m having the same issue. It has been a nightmare editing and syncing up videos.
2023-3-6
Use props
fansfcdb988c
New
Flight distance : 1713 ft
United States

I’m having the same issue. It has been a nightmare editing and syncing up videos.
2023-3-6
Use props
Frenchguy
New

France

Hello, I also have the same problem, loosing sec of sound about every minut, on both microphone... it make just impossible to use it in my case ! We seems to be a lot !!  Is anyone has an experience of mic working fine??
2023-3-23
Use props
Frenchguy
New

France

Is there anyone here from DJI who care about us?
2023-3-23
Use props
cinja
New
Canada

I read elsewhere from someone having this issue, was solved by reformatting the transmitters before every gig.  The other thing that worked was connecting the receiver to camera audio.  I have yet to test these solutions, just passing this along in case it helps others...
2023-3-25
Use props
djiuser_YvpnHCM8MMJw
lvl.1

United States

Same issue here  ... I opened a case with DJI and sent it for repair ... Fixed now and was under warranty. They replaced the transmitter board .. I assume early versions were no good
2023-4-19
Use props
djiuser_YvpnHCM8MMJw
lvl.1

United States

I had the same issue with my unit. Fortunately it was under warranty and I sent it in for repair they replaced the transmitter board on both mics. I got it back in about 3 weeks. Good service. I just wish this didn't happen cuz it's a pain to edit with.  And most live band performances are ruined.
2023-4-19
Use props
djiuser_c17OnC8hluKH
New

Hong Kong

Same problem
2023-4-24
Use props
djiuser_c17OnC8hluKH
New

Hong Kong

Frenchguy Posted at 3-23 15:27
Is there anyone here from DJI who care about us?

DJI don't give a f*ck about their customers once a sale is made. They are scammers.
2023-4-24
Use props
fans2645a843
New
Australia

Yep, l'm having the same issue also... love these microphones and when l had issue when filming, l thought great, l can get the recording off and fix... no such luck... very annoyed...
2023-4-30
Use props
AsiBit
New
Flight distance : 132989 ft
Israel

Hi
Is there anyone that can solve the SYNC PROBLEM ? it start good and than it develop "jumps" of data and loos the sync
at the beginning there was no problem....after 10 clips it's just started

Please advice...
2023-6-25
Use props
fansd8781149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31145 ft
  • >>>
Russia

I’m having the same issue
2023-7-14
Use props
malazusta
New

Turkey

I'm having the same issue. It's frustrating. I wonder why nobody from those youtube vloggers addresses this. HELLO DJI?
2023-7-28
Use props
djiuser_SDxuEdtD9P9w
lvl.1

South Africa

This issue has been the bane of my existence. I thought these recorders would makey life easier but it did the exact opposite. Definitely don't use these mics as standalone recorders for long sessions, it will ruin your day having to cut up the clips every few minutes. I returned them, got the fulaim x5 and tested it..... And it also has the exact same issue as these mics. Has anyone tried the rodes and can report if it also has this issue? I just want something that works as a small recorder
2023-8-12
Use props
NIKITA_Chernov
New

Cyprus

YEEEEEEEEES!!!!
2023-8-31
Use props
NIKITA_Chernov
New

Cyprus

So why didn't you solve the problem?!?! How annoying is that!! It just increases the editing at times and it turns out ...! DJI don't give a damn about us?
2023-8-31
Use props
TPC Ltd
New

Ireland

malazusta Posted at 7-28 01:05
I'm having the same issue. It's frustrating. I wonder why nobody from those youtube vloggers addresses this. HELLO DJI?

Because they get sent the items for free and if they call out their sponsor on a fault, they won't receive free stuff anymore.
2023-10-2
Use props
TPC Ltd
New

Ireland

NIKITA_Chernov Posted at 8-31 02:13
So why didn't you solve the problem?!?! How annoying is that!! It just increases the editing at times and it turns out ...! DJI don't give a damn about us?

I've updated the firmware to v02.00.72.87 and so far it seems to have fixed it. Granted it was only a 10 minute test. Will do a longer one and report back.
2023-10-2
Use props
marc russel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2252743 ft
Philippines

same issue here any answers?
1-13 19:21
Use props
plxmas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29780 ft

Italy

do you have wifi or BT active on camera? some camera with wifi could annoy the signal. try turning off connection on camera
1-16 11:28
Use props
djiuser_dacair
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91368 ft
Romania

TPC Ltd Posted at 2023-10-2 03:50
I've updated the firmware to v02.00.72.87 and so far it seems to have fixed it. Granted it was only a 10 minute test. Will do a longer one and report back.

Hi, can you definitely confirm that the latest firmware solve the Tx internal recording skipping problems?
2-14 02:20
Use props
djiuser_ZDeQjQsqKwlv
New

Israel

I just figure that I having the same problem.     
2-16 02:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules