RS2/3/Pro Follow Sensitivity/Acceleration Setting
2103 3 2022-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_bp3bPKSW7kPO
lvl.1

United States

I own a Ronin-S and Ronin 2, and there's a key setting that I like to adjust for follow/smoothtrack. Under the Ronin-S it's called 'Sensitivity' and under the Ronin 2 it's called 'Acceleration'. This setting doesn't seem to be available for the RS2, and it's held me back from purchasing. Just to clarify, this is a follow movement setting, not control/joystick setting (I know that's still available).

Now that the RS3/Pro is coming, I'm hoping that setting would be reintroduced, but knowing it's closely designed after the RS2, I doubt it. Is there somewhere I'm missing to adjust this setting? Or will DJI update it to bring this back?

2022-7-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. The acceleration/ sensitivity function is designed for the gimbal to respond to sudden acceleration. We added Sports Mode, which can accustom to this scenario. It only requires you to press and hold the M button when switching to Sports Mode. To this end, we canceled this function thereafter. We feel grateful for your support and understanding.
2022-7-7
Use props
TvOlyC56hX5X
lvl.1

United States

Sports mode is not enough. We need the ability to control the ramping of the speed during tracking. Especially when tracking objects that start out slow and then accelerate as they move across the frame.

In addition having to hold a button while a feature is active is inconvenient. It should  be on or off or if only needed for a moment then press and hold.

Please add these features into the gimbal. They are the reason the gimbal isn’t used 75% of the time.

The tracking is either too slow when the subject is at its fastest or jittering when the setting is set to track faster. I should be able to set the higher speed that gradually increases.

Please.
1-13 03:03
Use props
ultimaslair
lvl.1

United States

Agreeing with TvOlyC56hX5X.

Sports mode doesn't do it. We need the ability to adjust the acceleration - not just for tracking but also for handheld movements. For fast action - you want a faster response. For slower cinematic moves you might want a much slower response.
1-14 15:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules