The DJI RC Pro controller
1833 18 2022-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fromdetroit7
lvl.1

United States

Dear DJI - This is probably a waste of my time, and certainly feels like a feeable attempt, at trying to move an immovable needle in the form of your attention towards customer feedback on the RC Pro. We paid a lot money for a product that hardly provides any return on investment. I am, as I'm sure others are, curious as to exactly what DJI believes justifies the current price point? It's not unreasonable to anticipate, or better yet expect, improvements, enhanced features, or new features through periodic software development with any product priced in excess of $1,000. DJI - please do a better job of communicating with your customers by showing them you do listen & appreciate them for investing in your products. Customers are on outside looking in (no duh) and, as such, have no idea what is happening internally with regards to short/long term goals, staffing, capacity, etc., but ignoring us is not a great strategy for long-term growth. DJI has had to battle a lot of bad publicity over the past few years. Several of the past & current allegations levelled against DJI make it very easy for customer to jump ship when, and/or if, a competitor decides to focus efforts on producing a quality product in the commercial space. The lack of an alternative quality product is why most have stuck it out. So, in light of what was previously said, I (we) respectfully request DJI focus efforts on customer satisfaction. Please increase efforts on third party collaboratation and development of more feature rich SDKs along with a predictable rolling release schedule. Utilize all of the third parties available because they will serve to increase product interest, innovation, and consumer base!
Oh yeah, one more thing DJI - please figure out a way, whether overtly or covertly, to allow us to install Google Play on the RC Pro. I mean, Android, although open, is a Google developed product. There's a pretty good chance sales would increase once word spreads there's a way to install the play store. Just sayin'

If DJI never reads this, oh well I tried.      

2022-7-6
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Except for the last point - Google Play - I really don't know what you wanted to express with your post.
Honestly...
2022-7-7
Use props
fromdetroit7
lvl.1

United States

I’m not really sure what I wanted to say either because I had little confidence anyone would listen. I was just in one of those moods yesterday. It would be nice if DJI were a little more “open” by increasing functionality of their products - this is where the ability to download apps from the google play store comes in. But also a willingness to work more closely with third party vendors like Litchi, Dronelink, and others through the SDK program.
2022-7-7
Use props
Adiemask
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185659 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I’d be a lot happier having invested in the RC Pro to have compatibility with the Mini 3 Pro! I have recently acquired the M3P having sold on my Mini 2, this to compliment my Mavic 3 and said RC Pro. I’ve gotten used to using the excellent RC Pro with the M3 and find it  very frustrating that I cannot use the RC Pro when flying my M3P. I understand that DJI have their well thought out strategy and one would hope that compatibility with the M3P will come at some point in the future but I would appreciate sooner rather than later. Please, please, please DJI!
2022-7-7
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Adiemask Posted at 7-7 05:50
I’d be a lot happier having invested in the RC Pro to have compatibility with the Mini 3 Pro! I have recently acquired the M3P having sold on my Mini 2, this to compliment my Mavic 3 and said RC Pro. I’ve gotten used to using the excellent RC Pro with the M3 and find it  very frustrating that I cannot use the RC Pro when flying my M3P. I understand that DJI have their well thought out strategy and one would hope that compatibility with the M3P will come at some point in the future but I would appreciate sooner rather than later. Please, please, please DJI!

Oh yes, the compatibility with the Mini 3 Pro, that would be a very desirable feature...
I feel like DJI promised when the DJI RC Pro came out that compatibility with future drones would come true...!  
I would like to always be able to use the DJI RC Pro, i.e. for the Mavic 3 as well as for the Mini 3 Pro...
2022-7-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adiemask Posted at 7-7 05:50
I’d be a lot happier having invested in the RC Pro to have compatibility with the Mini 3 Pro! I have recently acquired the M3P having sold on my Mini 2, this to compliment my Mavic 3 and said RC Pro. I’ve gotten used to using the excellent RC Pro with the M3 and find it  very frustrating that I cannot use the RC Pro when flying my M3P. I understand that DJI have their well thought out strategy and one would hope that compatibility with the M3P will come at some point in the future but I would appreciate sooner rather than later. Please, please, please DJI!

Add me to the list of those waiting for Mini 3 Pro compatibility with the RC Pro.  The RC is nice but it lacks HDMI out, 700 Nits vice 1000 and no 3rd party Apps.  Would be nice to take out Mini 3 Pro and Air 2S for flights and only have to take one controller and that would be the RC Pro.

2022-7-7
Use props
daishi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106325 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Same here. I am also waiting for the compatibility with the Mini 3Pro.
It would be so much more convenient to take just one RC on trips and use it with the Mavic 3 and the Mini 3.

DJI even promised on the RC Pro website that „ DJI RC Pro will support more DJI aircraft in future“.
2022-7-7
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13686729 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since I've recently rid myself of all my "older" model DJI products, I'm only left with the Air 2S, Mavic 3 and just recently purchased Mini 3 Pro. I'll only consider purchasing the RC pro when it becomes compatible with the Mini 3. Then I'll only need 1 controler for my 3 remaining and most current models
2022-7-17
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 7-17 07:01
Since I've recently rid myself of all my "older" model DJI products, I'm only left with the Air 2S, Mavic 3 and just recently purchased Mini 3 Pro. I'll only consider purchasing the RC pro when it becomes compatible with the Mini 3. Then I'll only need 1 controler for my 3 remaining and most current models

I do enjoy flying the Mavic 3 with the standard remote and Samsung Tab S6 and keep the tablet dedicated to only this drone
2022-7-17
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 7-17 07:05
I do enjoy flying the Mavic 3 with the standard remote and Samsung Tab S6 and keep the tablet dedicated to only this drone

Yet at the same time, I've heard that the DJI RC that I use with the Mini 3 Pro will become compatible with the Air 2S very soon so might not feel the need to spend a small fortune on the RC Pro. I've talked myself into many things I don't really need so.........................
2022-7-17
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

You didn't buy the DJI RC Pro, but the DJI RC!

There is a big difference between them...
2022-7-17
Use props
Skyrider1160
lvl.2

United States

The RC Pro controller is sold out at Best Buy Amazon and B&H.  It is available at the DJI store. Wonder if there is any reason  for the shortage of the RC Pro controller ?
2022-7-17
Use props
DaKidd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 860184 ft
United States

Skyrider1160 Posted at 7-17 10:14
The RC Pro controller is sold out at Best Buy Amazon and B&H.  It is available at the DJI store. Wonder if there is any reason  for the shortage of the RC Pro controller ?

I to found the same results when trying to get one. Found it at ebay for 1099.00 dollars there.  DJI RC Pro FPV Controller
Now it seems I need a fast charger for it .......
2022-7-17
Use props
Skyrider1160
lvl.2

United States

DaKidd Posted at 7-17 10:48
I to found the same results when trying to get one. Found it at ebay for 1099.00 dollars there.  DJI RC Pro FPV Controller
Now it seems I need a fast charger for it .......

I bought the RC Pro a few months back from B&H used ($900.00) and use my apple iPad charger for charging .
2022-7-17
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

frankymusik Posted at 7-17 08:15

oh yes it is
2022-7-17
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 7-17 08:15

Correct. I purchased the Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC which is also compatible with the Air 2 S
2022-7-19
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 7-19 18:27
Correct. I purchased the Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC which is also compatible with the Air 2 S

Didn't know which one of us you were talking to.
2022-7-19
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 7-19 18:29
Didn't know which one of us you were talking to.

Meant its also compatible with the Mavic 3 and I guess soon with the Air 2 S. Heck, I'm confusing myself
2022-7-19
Use props
Dariyal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20167 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry but right now i am extremely frustrated with the RC pro piece of absolute junk. This is the second Mavic 3 Cine after getting a replacement from DJI, and the drone keeps still disconnecting from the RC pro when on dual band and 2.4ghz. On 5.8ghz it seems fine. But shouldn't it work out of the box or am I expected to go into settings and change the frequency to 5.8ghz every time I fly in order to get some reliability. Besides that, trying to connect to an RTMP stream link is absolutely frustrating the living hell out of me with this tiny keyboard that keeps randomly exiting while you're typing it's like trying to perform open heart surgery with a monkey wrench. Plus once I finally do get the stream address input in after many attempts the keyboard stays there blocking the rest of the buttons and there is no way to continue without changing the keyboard to floating and moving it out of the way. By that point you have probably tapped the wrong spot again and cancelled the whole thing and have to type out the 50 character streaming address yet again. Seriously DO BETTER DJI this is a $5000 product you would think these errors would have come up with basic user testing before going to market. Kind regards, So Mad.
2022-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules