513 7 2022-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I prepared a month ahead to send my M3 Cine and RC Pro controller for repair. The case is CAS-9244189-Z8Q0J8

I sent the unit in its original box to Hong Kong as instructed. Although Fex Ex has delivered the package on 4/7' it is 8/7 and there is no indication on the DJI support page that the item has even been received.
I have been a DJI customer since 2013 and I find this lack of update difficult to swallow.
The people from DJI Customer support (Mason Shi) was helpful before I sent correspondence about the repair.
Can someone from the repair group contact me please. I'm not rushing anyone here; just want a note that the shipment is the workshop and an ETA on return.
Thanks !
2022-7-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We will check your case and forward it to our designated teams. Thanks!
2022-7-7
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-7 22:03
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We will check your case and forward it to our designated teams. Thanks!

Thank you. I look forward to hearing from the relevant team
2022-7-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Mike-the-cat Posted at 7-8 00:32
Thank you. I look forward to hearing from the relevant team

Thanks for your reply. We will contact you ASAP. Please pay attention to your inbox.
2022-7-8
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI replied promptly but I hope my note will help set customer expectations about service timelines. If you send your drone for repair in China, it takes up to a week to clear customs from Hong Kong. I'll keep everyone updated about the progress of my M3 repair (drone and RC functional but some electronic components need to be replaced in RC and the USB-C connector on the drone is flaky for data transfers)
2022-7-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Mike-the-cat Posted at 7-9 02:14
DJI replied promptly but I hope my note will help set customer expectations about service timelines. If you send your drone for repair in China, it takes up to a week to clear customs from Hong Kong. I'll keep everyone updated about the progress of my M3 repair (drone and RC functional but some electronic components need to be replaced in RC and the USB-C connector on the drone is flaky for data transfers)

Sorry for any inconvenience. We will keep an eye on your case till it closes. Please let us know if you have any questions.
2022-7-9
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

I promised an 'end of case' report on my experience and here it is. My Mavic 3 was sent off on June 30th and  returned safely on July 21st. The actual repair, once it reached the service centre took only 2 days. DJI's communication of the fault and the repair were excellent. It took 12 days for the product to reach the service centre of which 8 were related to customs handling in China. Once the repair was completed, it took 7 days for the drone to be shipped home. Of this 4 days was a result of it waiting on queue in Shenzhen to be picked up and 3 days for delivery via Fed Ex to complete. The communication of what was happening at each stage of the repair, including likely return dates was provided via email and a clickable link.

The repair was superb and I've flight tested the drone and RC. No settings were changed.
HOWEVER, DJI did remove all ID labels including a local flying license label that cost me ~USD 10 to obtain and apply. As this was a tamper proof label, I will have to replace it at my own cost.

I hope this note provides guidance on time and service quality expectations for a fairly simple repair (USB-C connector on Mavic 3 Cine faulty and LED battery indicator lights on RC Pro blown out).
2022-7-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Mike-the-cat Posted at 7-26 08:41
I promised an 'end of case' report on my experience and here it is. My Mavic 3 was sent off on June 30th and  returned safely on July 21st. The actual repair, once it reached the service centre took only 2 days. DJI's communication of the fault and the repair were excellent. It took 12 days for the product to reach the service centre of which 8 were related to customs handling in China. Once the repair was completed, it took 7 days for the drone to be shipped home. Of this 4 days was a result of it waiting on queue in Shenzhen to be picked up and 3 days for delivery via Fed Ex to complete. The communication of what was happening at each stage of the repair, including likely return dates was provided via email and a clickable link.

The repair was superb and I've flight tested the drone and RC. No settings were changed.

Thanks for your update. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. If you have any questions about the product later, please let us know.
2022-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules