P3P/P3A DJI Go app not working Android
3612 10 2022-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AC1074
lvl.1
United States

Phantom 3 Pro and Advanced users are grounded. DJI GO app will not open and constantly crashed. I got a message pop up saying the app is bugged and needs a fix from the developer. I am unable to open the app or connect to my P3P. When I power on my controller and P3P my P3P is flashing red in the gimbal area and 2 steady red lights on the front of the drone.

For a long time now users with Android have been reporting issues with DJI and still to this day there is no fix. If you have not flown your P3P or Advanced in a while take a look and see for yourself if you have an android device.

DJI Help Please!!!!!
2022-7-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AC1074. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go application from this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-3 ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, kindly please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Go application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

2022-7-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Mine worked fine two weeks ago.  Nvidia Shield K1.

2022-7-11
Use props
AC1074
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-10 20:27
Hello there AC1074. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go application from this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-3 ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, kindly please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Go application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

[view_image]

Using my Samsung S21 galaxy 5G. My buddy has the same issue and he is using the latest Samsung S22 Ultra. I even tried downloading the APK file and installing that way and still doesn’t work. There have been long reported user issues with Samsung Android phones and no  solutions.

***update*** using apple iPads and phones works perfect with DJI apps. If you are a DJI P3P pro or Advanced owner and have access to an iPhone or iPad, it’s best you use it for your Phantom 3s. Samsung Android phones just do not work.

2022-7-11
Use props
AC1074
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 7-11 03:05
Mine worked fine two weeks ago.  Nvidia Shield K1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orttaX-k2xM

I guess it’s only with Samsung Android devices if you are using the NVIDiA shield K1
2022-7-11
Use props
MikeTX
lvl.1

United States

It's nice that DJI doesn't seem to keep up with android software so we can continue to fly our drones.  I can't fly my Phantom 3 Pro because none of your DJI apps will work with my Samsung S22 Ultra.   

When can we expect this issue to be addressed?
2022-7-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MikeTX Posted at 7-11 07:56
It's nice that DJI doesn't seem to keep up with android software so we can continue to fly our drones.  I can't fly my Phantom 3 Pro because none of your DJI apps will work with my Samsung S22 Ultra.   

When can we expect this issue to be addressed?

DJI doesn't seem to keep up with android software so we can continue to fly our drones.
It looks more like Late model High-end Samsung devices are the issue.
That would be either hardware (Samsung using their non-standard Exynos processors), or software (the old DJI app, not running on the very latest version of Android.

Your drone came out 7 years ago.
A lot of things have changed since then.
Either use an older phone or tablet or an older Android version and you'll still fly for years to come.
2022-7-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

AC1074 Posted at 7-11 07:13
Using my Samsung S21 galaxy 5G. My buddy has the same issue and he is using the latest Samsung S22 Ultra. I even tried downloading the APK file and installing that way and still doesn’t work. There have been long reported user issues with Samsung Android phones and no  solutions.

***update*** using apple iPads and phones works perfect with DJI apps. If you are a DJI P3P pro or Advanced owner and have access to an iPhone or iPad, it’s best you use it for your Phantom 3s. Samsung Android phones just do not work.

Hi there AC1074. Thank you for the reply and for giving out these update. These information will be note and I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for further attention. Thank you.
2022-7-12
Use props
plasticwater315
New

United States

Has a fixed been found? I have a Phantom 3. Upgraded phone to a Samsung Galaxy S21. I downloaded the .apx file from the DJI Website for DJI Go. It installed but will not open. Says the App has a BUG and closes. Any help would be apricated.
1-9 11:12
Use props
fans9967fb95
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233 ft

United States

Labroides Posted at 2022-7-11 15:54
DJI doesn't seem to keep up with android software so we can continue to fly our drones.
It looks more like Late model High-end Samsung devices are the issue.
That would be either hardware (Samsung using their non-standard Exynos processors), or software (the old DJI app, not running on the very latest version of Android.

As a late update to this post by @Labroides, I have a Samsung Galaxy S6.  DJI Go for Android used to work on my phone with my Phantom 3 Pro.  I stopped using my Galaxy S6 to fly with  in favor of Litchi on my iPad Air 2 which does still have DJI Go from 2019 installed on it.

The latest DJI Go on the DJI.com download link installs and runs but only lists 3 Inspire versions to choose for the drone to use with the app.

There ya go.
4-3 15:59
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans9967fb95 Posted at 4-3 15:59
As a late update to this post by @Labroides, I have a Samsung Galaxy S6.  DJI Go for Android used to work on my phone with my Phantom 3 Pro.  I stopped using my Galaxy S6 to fly with  in favor of Litchi on my iPad Air 2 which does still have DJI Go from 2019 installed on it.

The latest DJI Go on the DJI.com download link installs and runs but only lists 3 Inspire versions to choose for the drone to use with the app.

DJI Go should be automatically detecting your drone without you having to select anything.
Are you looking at DJI Go (the correct app for your Phantom 3) or have you mistakenly downloaded DJI Go 4 ?
4-3 16:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules