Vertical mode - Horizon not leveled
1926 13 2022-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ravelposh
lvl.1
Argentina

Hi all. I'm having kind of a problem with my just purchased Mini 3 Pro. Horizontal mode is fine, looks great, but when I switch to vertical mode, the image is not leveled. Did anyone have this issue?
Here is an image example:

DJI_0002.jpg

And here you can see how horizontal looks good:

Horizontal

Horizontal

Since horizontal looks good, when I calibrate the gimbal, it doesn't fix the vertical mode. Also when I fixed it manually, the horizontal mode gets unleveled. I couldn't find separate settings for each one, which would solve the issue.

So I'm hoping it can be fixed somehow. Or worst case scenario I might have to return the drone. It's brand new and only flew few times without any issues. Also no crashes or anything out of the normal.

Here is a video when I switch between horizontal and vertical mode. I only press the button to switch, nothing else. It feels a bit weird to see that extra movement every time I do it:

Thanks in advance!
2022-7-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ravelposh. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the issue and still the issue persist. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-7-10
Use props
PAROINA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3279160 ft
United States

I have the exact same issue. It is not very obvious when flying (but it is there if you look), but when you lay it flat like this, you see it happening. Just waiting to see if any future firmware updates fixes since they seem to come pretty often. I don't really use the vertical option so it does not bug me at the moment. Would be curious to know if others have the same issue.
2022-7-11
Use props
Ravelposh
lvl.1
Argentina

Finally I sent my drone back and they give me a new one. So it was some issue with it, not something common. The new one works perfectly!
2022-7-13
Use props
Ravelposh
lvl.1
Argentina

Finally I sent my drone back and they give me a new one. So it was some issue with it, not something common. The new one works perfectly!
2022-7-13
Use props
PAROINA
Second Officer
United States

Ravelposh Posted at 7-13 13:27
Finally I sent my drone back and they give me a new one. So it was some issue with it, not something common. The new one works perfectly!

Did DJI just say to send it to them and they replaced it because of a known issue or was it covered under DJI Care Refresh?
2022-7-13
Use props
Ravelposh
lvl.1
Argentina

PAROINA Posted at 7-13 19:21
Did DJI just say to send it to them and they replaced it because of a known issue or was it covered under DJI Care Refresh?

No, it was in a local store. I had 30 days to try it out and if something failed I could get a new one or the money back. They didn't tell me if it was a known issue or anything.
2022-7-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I hope you get it fixed.
2022-8-9
Use props
HarleyFlyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1356178 ft
United Kingdom

Mine does exactly the same - maybe I will see if it can be exchanged in store for me too
2022-8-10
Use props
PAROINA
Second Officer
United States

Ravelposh Posted at 7-14 09:04
No, it was in a local store. I had 30 days to try it out and if something failed I could get a new one or the money back. They didn't tell me if it was a known issue or anything.

Finally decided to send mine in to DJI. They state there was an issue with the gimbal yaw axis arm & yaw axis motor module. I have the DJI Care Refresh but they are covering this under the normal 90 day warranty. No costs to me. Just down time since I had to ship it off.
2022-8-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You will get that movement, its no different to a normal camera lens in auto on a tripod, it moves, this is why you shut down auto focus when on a tripod, try this test again in manual, cause effectively, the gimbal is the tripod.
2022-8-15
Use props
Ravelposh
lvl.1
Spain

Bashy Posted at 8-15 19:13
You will get that movement, its no different to a normal camera lens in auto on a tripod, it moves, this is why you shut down auto focus when on a tripod, try this test again in manual, cause effectively, the gimbal is the tripod.

I can guarantee you that the replacement drone I got doesn't do any weird movements. I know the gimbal is not rock solid. However, the new drone doesn't move at all, it switches horizontal/vertical perfectly. The main issue was that it wasn't leveled though.
2022-8-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ravelposh Posted at 8-16 01:13
I can guarantee you that the replacement drone I got doesn't do any weird movements. I know the gimbal is not rock solid. However, the new drone doesn't move at all, it switches horizontal/vertical perfectly. The main issue was that it wasn't leveled though.

Thats interesting cause if you turn on the drone but not the props, and turn it just a little, the gimbal turns to try to compensate for that movement
2022-8-16
Use props
Ravelposh
lvl.1
Spain

Bashy Posted at 8-16 03:41
Thats interesting cause if you turn on the drone but not the props, and turn it just a little, the gimbal turns to try to compensate for that movement

Yeah, that behaviour is expected. But it took way longer than expected to do that compensation and in a flat surface without any movement. Just switching between vertical/horizontal mode.
2022-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules