9153 26 2022-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8366cdee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18832116 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was flying this evening in Normal mode.  Flipped to Sport mode and right away received Battery Overcurrent warning message.  I'm on the latest fw, don't know if this is a bug or what..
2022-7-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since we are having this issue with your DJI Mini 3 Pro's intelligent flight battery. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2022-7-10
Use props
AtlanticAerialworX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16113908 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I also had this on my first flight with a new plus battery.  that all every flight with any battery my live feed lags up to 15 seconds behind
2022-7-20
Use props
Forestjim
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have the same problem with my Plus battery flying in sports mode. The drone & battery have had the latest firmware update
2022-7-31
Use props
Poch
lvl.1

United States

I had this similar issue the other night with a Plus battery. Took the warnings advice and worked on flying smoother & slower and the error didn't reoccur.
2022-8-11
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

Happened to me when I was fighting wind to get back home. Lowered my altitude and backed off throttle and it warning stops immediately. I think this is normal...
2022-8-11
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

So you have to fly more conservative with plus batteries?
Doesn't sound normal or intended
2022-8-11
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beta5K Posted at 8-11 13:27

I was not flying with plus battery at time. Normal as intended not to stress out the motors...
2022-8-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It sounds like its not fully optimised for the plus batteries yet, i.e. it sounds like it doesn't know that the battery should have more oomph than the standard batteries.
2022-8-11
Use props
fans9870d219
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2791037 ft
Canada

Seem to be having problems with running sport mode on plus battery as well, today I ran my dji mini 3 pro -4c with no wind or barely any gust of wind at all, tried flipping it to sport mode, and got the battery over current warning, then several min later tried to land it and center it unto the landing pad, it just crashed all the way down it tried to stabilize it self but without success, and any input did not work, once I started to descend it just dropped, wondering if its also related to props somehow, but do know my props were fine before taking off, luckily enough it crash landed on soft snow. But nevertheless atleast have dji care refresh just in case.

Did notice, just as long as you dont flip it to sport mode its ok. So for now it think thats the temporary fix
2023-1-15
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beta5K Posted at 2022-8-11 13:27

The battery is heavier so the motors have to work harder to maintain flight. If you want to go fast, the drone has to fly with the props spinning faster than the standard battery to match speeds. Sounds like physics to me.
2023-1-16
Use props
djiuser_qxist36WG4Kc
New

New Zealand

Brought two large battery's for my mini 3 pro.one battery comes up with over current warnings when flying it other ones are fine should I take back were I brought from get refund or what
2023-2-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_qxist36WG4Kc Posted at 2-28 22:49
Brought two large battery's for my mini 3 pro.one battery comes up with over current warnings when flying it other ones are fine should I take back were I brought from get refund or what

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. May ask if this prompt appears when you are in Sport mode and the control sticks are pushed full throttle? If yes, please note that a warning will appear stating “Battery overcurrent. Maintain smooth flight and check if aircraft is overloaded” if the battery output power is relatively high. In this case, the aircraft may be overloaded or may fly with the control stick pushed fully in Sport mode for a long time. If it is confirmed that there is no extra load, please gently push the control stick of the remote controller and the warning will disappear. If this is not the case, please provide us with more details. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-3-1
Use props
cycloholic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1514948 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

So motors are struggling with the extra 40gr? Have the same warnings also with the plus.
2023-3-2
Use props
fans31239f7b
lvl.1

United Kingdom

cycloholic Posted at 3-2 02:52
So motors are struggling with the extra 40gr? Have the same warnings also with the plus.

31 grams !
2023-3-2
Use props
davehappen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94206 ft
Thailand

Had the same problem the other day, flying in sport mode, backed off on the stick for a moment or two and then hard on the stick again.
battery error message again, looks like it doesn't like to fly full throttle with extended batteries, defeats the object of having bigger batteries really
2023-6-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

davehappen Posted at 6-17 21:15
Had the same problem the other day, flying in sport mode, backed off on the stick for a moment or two and then hard on the stick again.
battery error message again, looks like it doesn't like to fly full throttle with extended batteries, defeats the object of having bigger batteries really

Hi, davehappen. We're sorry for the inconvenience. You may refer to the information posted in post #13. At the same time, we have your feedback noted and it will be relayed to our team for attention. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-6-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davehappen Posted at 6-17 21:15
Had the same problem the other day, flying in sport mode, backed off on the stick for a moment or two and then hard on the stick again.

Since the .txt flight log seems to record battery current,  "BATTERY.current [A]", it might be useful, if you have the batteries, to fly 3 or 4 flights consisting of :-
one flight with a std battery,
one flight with a plus battery,
one flight with a std battery and if you fly the fourth flight
one flight with a plus battery.
Try to fly the same route and speed settings and alternate the batteries so that there is a chance that you 'even out'  change in weather/wind.
Keep the flights short, just enough encounter the warning in the 'plus' flights.
SWITCH LOG SYNCING OFF before you fly the flights.
Upload the txt flight logs to
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
and post the resulting URL's here.
Upload the .DAT flight logs to a file hosting site, make their page/s public and post their links here.
2023-6-18
Use props
Suspect
New

Canada

I am now using two drone with the same batteries doing similar flights, one has the firmware from march and just got a brand new mine3 pro using the same battery with the latest firmware in the drone and remote, but now I am getting this warning in sport mode twice. My question is: Is it the firmware or a bad new drone?
2023-7-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Suspect Posted at 7-20 17:17
I am now using two drone with the same batteries doing similar flights, one has the firmware from march and just got a brand new mine3 pro using the same battery with the latest firmware in the drone and remote, but now I am getting this warning in sport mode twice. My question is: Is it the firmware or a bad new drone?

We apologize for the inconvenience. A warning will appear stating “Battery overcurrent. Maintain smooth flight and check if aircraft is overloaded” if the battery output power is relatively high. In this case, the aircraft may be overloaded or may fly with the control stick pushed fully in Sport mode for a long time. If it is confirmed that there is no extra load, please gently push the control stick of the remote controller and the warning will disappear. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-7-20
Use props
djiuser_J7tW0zMUsqzd
lvl.1

Mexico

DJI Tony Posted at 3-1 22:23
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. May ask if this prompt appears when you are in Sport mode and the control sticks are pushed full throttle? If yes, please note that a warning will appear stating “Battery overcurrent. Maintain smooth flight and check if aircraft is overloaded” if the battery output power is relatively high. In this case, the aircraft may be overloaded or may fly with the control stick pushed fully in Sport mode for a long time. If it is confirmed that there is no extra load, please gently push the control stick of the remote controller and the warning will disappear. If this is not the case, please provide us with more details. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Hi there.
I have a relatively brand new mini 3 pro.
I purchased the plus battery to allow me to have longer flight times.
I also have three of the normal batteries.
I have only done three flights so far with my new plus battery.
I have received the "over current warning" on each flight.

Further frustration ,I just spent 30+ min on the phone with DJI support speaking with someone who did not have English as a first language. I kept trying to ask the question as to why this was occurring, when with the same weather/day I didn't get the error with the normal battery. She seemed unable to understand, comprehend, break from her script.
I wanted to speak with a tech.
Why sell a battery, if it is in fact too heavy for the drone to handle in all flight modes?
PLEASE don't reply from your script! "Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. "

This battery has turned out to be a waste of my $$ as I can't rely on getting the shot in sport mode, but I can with the normal battery.
2023-9-11
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

No need to post in every area for this. Read my response in the other one.
2023-9-11
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 7-20 21:29
We apologize for the inconvenience. A warning will appear stating “Battery overcurrent. Maintain smooth flight and check if aircraft is overloaded” if the battery output power is relatively high. In this case, the aircraft may be overloaded or may fly with the control stick pushed fully in Sport mode for a long time. If it is confirmed that there is no extra load, please gently push the control stick of the remote controller and the warning will disappear. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Tony...

Would you be able to provide the C rating for each battery?

The standard battery and the +battery, that is...

Thank you
2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Burt37 Posted at 9-11 14:36
Hi Tony...

Would you be able to provide the C rating for each battery?

Hello, Burt37. Sorry, we do not have a list of the batteries with their C-rating. However, the  C-rate is defined as the charge/discharge current divided by the nominally rated battery capacity. For example, a 5,000 mA charge on a 2,500 mAh rated battery would be a 2C rate. We appreciate your patience.
2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_J7tW0zMUsqzd Posted at 9-11 08:39
Hi there.
I have a relatively brand new mini 3 pro.
I purchased the plus battery to allow me to have longer flight times.

Hi. This is not an issue but a prompt because the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus is heavy, and the battery output power is relatively high when the DJI Mini 3 Pro is flying with the control stick being pushed fully in Sport mode.
2023-9-11
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 9-11 20:26
Hello, Burt37. Sorry, we do not have a list of the batteries with their C-rating. However, the  C-rate is defined as the charge/discharge current divided by the nominally rated battery capacity. For example, a 5,000 mA charge on a 2,500 mAh rated battery would be a 2C rate. We appreciate your patience.

Hi Tony

Thank you for your reply...

Surely you could forward my request to the relevant team and ask them to provide a satisfactory answer to a very simple question... I'm not asking to fix or improve anything, just the C rating of those two batteries for the Mini 3 pro...

Thank you
2023-9-19
Use props
CMoroder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2002995 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-3-1 22:23

FYI
And nothing to do with this, bur CURIOUSLY, the time and date of the MP4 files were wrong.... and I dont know why... Anyone knows why?

3-6 02:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules