DJI RC Flight Data
2240 9 2022-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NutHouseDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1206654 ft
Canada

Is there any way to keep the flight data on the RC?  And preferably on the SD card?
I have it synced to the cloud server(s), but I am often forced to wait for it to reload which can take several minutes.  I am not even sure when or why it is removed.

2022-7-11
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

It should be there. If it is taking long to load, clear your cache... it will speed things up.
2022-7-11
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Don't think you can put flight data on SD card.
2022-7-11
Use props
NutHouseDrone
lvl.3
Canada

Hmmm... so is the problem that it is stored in a relatively small cache in internal memory vs the external SD, so then it keeps getting cleared out by some other data?   Then it has to keep re-downloading from DJI server when I want to look at it (because it got cleared from the cache).
I just want to keep it stored on the RC 'permanently' without it magically disappearing.   Thought maybe I was missing a setting somewhere.
2022-7-11
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

NutHouseDrone Posted at 7-11 14:24
Hmmm... so is the problem that it is stored in a relatively small cache in internal memory vs the external SD, so then it keeps getting cleared out by some other data?   Then it has to keep re-downloading from DJI server when I want to look at it (because it got cleared from the cache).
I just want to keep it stored on the RC 'permanently' without it magically disappearing.   Thought maybe I was missing a setting somewhere.

Personnaly I found that if you keep your Flight record cache clear ( under profile then settings, storage etc.)  the RC runs better and your flight records appear much quicker than if you did not clear it. Yes you have to be connected to wi-fi though...
2022-7-11
Use props
NutHouseDrone
lvl.3
Canada

Goggles Pisano Posted at 7-11 14:58
Personnaly I found that if you keep your Flight record cache clear ( under profile then settings, storage etc.)  the RC runs better and your flight records appear much quicker than if you did not clear it. Yes you have to be connected to wi-fi though...

Ah interesting... as you suggested, I cleared the 'Aircraft Flight Record Cache' from internal storage.   And then like you said, it is really fast... or at least it's fast to open up and see the entire list of flight data.   Now it just seems to download from the cloud only the one I want to look see at when I select it and that takes no more than a couple seconds.

Seems like a bug that it would be so slow when it has lots of the flight data in the RC.  
Wonder if this same problem happens when using the app on a phone/tablet?

Anyway, thanks for your help!!!   
2022-7-11
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

NutHouseDrone Posted at 7-11 16:41
Ah interesting... as you suggested, I cleared the 'Aircraft Flight Record Cache' from internal storage.   And then like you said, it is really fast... or at least it's fast to open up and see the entire list of flight data.   Now it just seems to download from the cloud only the one I want to look see at when I select it and that takes no more than a couple seconds.

Seems like a bug that it would be so slow when it has lots of the flight data in the RC.  

Until  they give you option to store flight records on SD card this is probably the best way to go for now.
2022-7-11
Use props
NutHouseDrone
lvl.3
Canada

The problem with the flight data center has been fixed with the latest RC release.   It now opens up right away and very responsive without needing to clear out the cache.  
RC Firmware 01.01.0450
App Version 1.7.4

2022-9-16
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

You can copy the data to your SD card very easily. Open the Android interface and then navigate to the DJI RC\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord folder, select all txt files and copy them (3 points menu!). Then select your SD-Card directory and paste the data there (either directly into the root or into a previously created directory).

With the USB C/USB A cable you can also connect the RC (USB C charging port) directly to your PC. The PC will recognize the RC and you can copy the flight log data directly to your PC. For viewing you can upload the txt-files at AirData or Phantom Help.
2022-9-16
Use props
Andreja
lvl.4
Flight distance : 864961 ft
Germany

NutHouseDrone Posted at 9-16 08:13
The problem with the flight data center has been fixed with the latest RC release.   It now opens up right away and very responsive without needing to clear out the cache.  
RC Firmware 01.01.0450
App Version 1.7.4

Thanks a lot for the info about the new update!
2022-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules