Anyone using iPad Mini 4 as the Smart Device?
1662 7 2022-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5a6b2f6e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84170 ft
United States

iPad Mini 4, fully charged, WiFi only, No GPS, 64GB, 24.6GB used. Warning pops up, "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected." Does anyone know what is causing this Warning and how to fix it?
16573335690942760658551959927435.jpg
2022-7-11
Use props
fans5a6b2f6e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84170 ft
United States

I'm using the iPad Mini 4, connected to the DJI Mini 2 controller.
2022-7-11
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely not.  I learned my lesson on using IOS devices last summer.  When they got warm to hot, the screens dim so much they become unusable.  Totally unacceptable when you have a drone flying.   
I love so many Apple products, but they do not match well with drone flying in my opinion.
2022-7-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to check if you could limit the capacity of video cache that would save in the application and enable the automatically delete the old cache. In addition, the DJI Fly application will test the usage of the mobile device's CPU. When the CPU is overloaded, decoding of transmission and flight communication system may be affected and the device will get hot. Kindly please try to switch the mobile device to Airplane Mode to see if the issue will still persist. Thank you.
2022-7-11
Use props
Macked
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115318 ft
United States

Double click home button, active programs will appear, swipe each one up to close.
2022-7-15
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 7-11 18:48
Definitely not.  I learned my lesson on using IOS devices last summer.  When they got warm to hot, the screens dim so much they become unusable.  Totally unacceptable when you have a drone flying.   
I love so many Apple products, but they do not match well with drone flying in my opinion.

What IOS device were you using as I use a 12 pro max and it doesn't break sweat. I have a Ipad Mini 4 and this device is underpowered now but any IOS device with the new processors will blow any android device out of the water so you must have been using a old device.
2022-7-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Rev Posted at 7-16 04:43
What IOS device were you using as I use a 12 pro max and it doesn't break sweat. I have a Ipad Mini 4 and this device is underpowered now but any IOS device with the new processors will blow any android device out of the water so you must have been using a old device.

No, i always have current generation.   its not the cpu break a sweat i am speaking of.   if you fly in a desert climate, even w shades etc, your device screen will go dark as batt temp on phone or ipad goes up.  It is pretty disconcerting.
2022-7-17
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

I live in a colder climate so never have that problem but its noted for when I go on holiday .
2022-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules