Incompatible firmware error 30224
3166 9 2022-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bilko
lvl.1

Australia

After not flying my drone for several weeks I turned it on and allowed it to do a firmware update. On restart it displays - Incompatible firmware version - code 30224. When I go to - Profile/ Settings,  I can't update as it says my firmware is up to date. So my drone grounded till I get this fixed.

I have read quite a few threads on this same issue.. it seems like a common problem.

I have tried clearing the cache several times, as well as numerous restarts. Also reinstalled the latest DJI Fly app.

I'm unable to connect to DJI Assistant 2.

I noticed in one thread regarding this same problem, some users were offered a patched firmware by DJI, as a fix. Hopefully that fix is successful.

Frustrated,
                 Bilko

2022-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bilko. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please make sure that your DJI Mini 2 has been updated to the latest version and if the DJI drone is on the latest version, and spare batteries have been updated along with the drone, please try to clear the firmware cache in DJI Fly app in Profile > Settings > Clear Cache and restart the app and drone and check again. Please also try to reinstall the latest DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application if the previous step does not work. Format the micrSD card as well. ( Please do not forget to back up the needed files and sync the flight record to the cloud before you reinstall the DJI Fly application / format the microSD card). If the issue persists, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for what happened and thank you.
2022-7-12
Use props
Bilko
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Stephen, thanks for responding so quickly.
I'm not sure if you read my post but I tried all your suggestions
2022-7-13
Use props
Bilko
lvl.1

Australia

Except for contacting Support team.

I've never had to update any battery firmware either.
2022-7-13
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

So when you say your mini won’t connect to the DJI Assistant 2 software, can you tell us how you went about this to rule out an error, did you modify the INI file?
2022-7-13
Use props
Bilko
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 7-13 04:56
So when you say your mini won’t connect to the DJI Assistant 2 software, can you tell us how you went about this to rule out an error, did you modify the INI file?

Hi Dji.Osmo. Thanks for responding.

I havent been able to get my computer to recognize the drone yet. I know about editing the .ini file but have no usb connection.

I have Win7 and Win10 computers but neither can see the drone.

2022-7-13
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

So just to be sure, you are having DJI assistant running with the USB cable plugged into the PC ONLY then power up the Mini and insert the USB cable as soon as you hear the prop motors twitch?
2022-7-14
Use props
Bilko
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 7-14 01:17
So just to be sure, you are having DJI assistant running with the USB cable plugged into the PC ONLY then power up the Mini and insert the USB cable as soon as you hear the prop motors twitch?

Yes, that's right, except I wasn't plugging in that quick.. probably 5 seconds after the twitching.

I'll try connecting a bit quicker.
2022-7-14
Use props
seb123
New

Spain

Hi Bilko, I have the same problem. I've tried everything and the problem persists. Did you finally fixed it? What did you do?
Thank you so much in advance =)
2023-9-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

seb123 Posted at 9-2 01:24
Hi Bilko, I have the same problem. I've tried everything and the problem persists. Did you finally fixed it? What did you do?
Thank you so much in advance =)

Hi there. I replied to you from this thread. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D4. Please reach back if you have further concerns. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules