MIC not connecting to MAC
5508 10 2022-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shree
New

France

Hi all,
I am trying to connect my MAC (newest operating system) with my MIC reciever.  I am looking to transfer audio files from reciever to my laptop.
Thanks in advance!
Shree
2022-7-13
Use props
S3V3N
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459514 ft
United Kingdom

You must use the cable supplied with the DJI mIc, if you use other cables I have found that they don't work.
2022-7-21
Use props
fansdddfda20
lvl.1

United States

That did not work for me. I've tried the DJI cable, along with a USB-C cable and a 3.5 mm TRS to TRRS adapter. The Lightning dongle didn't work for me either.

Looking for anyone to provide help on this.
2023-5-11
Use props
ThaRealSponge
New

United States

fansdddfda20 Posted at 5-11 06:38
That did not work for me. I've tried the DJI cable, along with a USB-C cable and a 3.5 mm TRS to TRRS adapter. The Lightning dongle didn't work for me either.

Looking for anyone to provide help on this.

LOOKING FOR THE ANSWER TO THIS AS WELL been down a rabbit hole for an hour still nothing
2023-5-31
Use props
EV123
New

United Kingdom

SOLVED - Ensure receiver is turned ON whilst the USB-C and USB is connected. Caught me out and I was searching the internet for a while
2023-11-15
Use props
_ethanfinch
New

Australia

ACTUAL SOLUTION

Reformat the Mic. Just did this and it worked straight away. You will need a Windows computer to do this.

1. Plug it into windows computer
2. Download files and wetransfer them to your mac so you have them on there (because formatting will erase the mic)
3. Right click and go down to format
4. When picking the format type change it to exFat from what it is currently
5. Format, eject and plug into mac, from now on it'll work

Hope this helps, figured it out myself this morning when trying to do it on Mac when I know it always works on my PC. I tend to format my cards to exFat for video so thought I'd give that a go and BAM it started reading on my MAC
2023-11-19
Use props
ana_
New
Finland

EV123 Posted at 11-15 07:14
SOLVED - Ensure receiver is turned ON whilst the USB-C and USB is connected. Caught me out and I was searching the internet for a while

YOU ARE MY SAVER, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
2023-11-30
Use props
ana_
New
Finland

ana_ Posted at 11-30 14:28
YOU ARE MY SAVER, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER PROBLEMS: next time i tried, my MacBook wasn't able to see mic again..... I TRIED EVERYTHING and remembered that last time I used CHARGER of my MacBook to connect mic with computer and IT WORKED!

SO if you have problems
- turn mic on
AND
-try to use another usb-c cable (in my case it was charger of macbook)
2023-12-3
Use props
fansff72b398
lvl.1

United States

I had a similar issue connecting the DJI Mic to a Mac. Here was my solution: In the Finder, make sure the locations setting of the Finder's Sidebar is open. If not, click the > and it should magically appear.
1-13 13:33
Use props
Murta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80098 ft
Brazil

_ethanfinch Posted at 2023-11-19 12:47
ACTUAL SOLUTION

Reformat the Mic. Just did this and it worked straight away. You will need a Windows computer to do this.

It worked for me, thank your for sharing.

Another tip that was annoying to me. To connect the receiver into a Mac or PC, unplug the USB-C or Lightning adapter, and use de USB-c charging port.
3-18 20:34
Use props
DroneElliot
New
Flight distance : 109324 ft
Canada

EV123 Posted at 2023-11-15 07:14
SOLVED - Ensure receiver is turned ON whilst the USB-C and USB is connected. Caught me out and I was searching the internet for a while

I had issues with this as well at first. Think I've got a solution.

I found that I needed to turn on both the Mic Receiver  and Transmitter, prior to plugging both into the two pronged cord provided by DJI.
Then only once both turned on and connected to the cord, then I would connect it to the Mac as step 3.
If I didn't have both turned on prior to connecting to my mac, my mac would get confused and only register one of the two, which doesn't seem to be satisfactory.

I also re-formatted my transmitter, which may have helped though not sure that it's a necessary step. I was lucky in that I was testing it before using it out in the world, whereas I'm sure there's some people reading this that already have content that they need to save.
4-10 10:46
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules