Date/Time stamp = China, not local
4727 8 2022-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jefish
lvl.3
United States

I noticed the other day that all Mini 3 Pro videos, when viewed in Mac Finder, show "Tomorrow 2:30 AM." Turns out that the date/time stamp on the videos is saved in Beijing CST, not my local timezone.

Is there a way to change this to local?

2022-7-13
Use props
Meuhbat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225210 ft
France

Have you setup the correct timezone in the RC menu ?
2022-7-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have the RC, from the Fly App screen scroll down from top of screen, it will open a new screen.  In top right corner of the screen touch on the settings icon, on next screen touch on System icon and then touch Date & Time icon and set time zone to your location.  Hope this helps.
RC.jpg
2022-7-13
Use props
jefish
lvl.3
United States

I had both options set to "Use network provided" and it had placed me in China by default. Since the GPS in the RC never gets a lock, it makes sense that this never corrected itself.

I've switched the options to Manual.
2022-7-13
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

jefish Posted at 7-13 12:47
I had both options set to "Use network provided" and it had placed me in China by default. Since the GPS in the RC never gets a lock, it makes sense that this never corrected itself.

I've switched the options to Manual.

This definitely needs addressed.
2022-7-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there jefish. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that you have fixed the issue by setting it manually. In addition I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-7-13
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My time is also wrong by 1 hour and I set it to U.K. all is working ok so I will leave it. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it
2022-7-13
Use props
jefish
lvl.3
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-13 21:52
My time is also wrong by 1 hour and I set it to U.K. all is working ok so I will leave it. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it

Well, it is kinda broken. If the timezone/time/date is supposed to be set by GPS, and the GPS doesn't work, it needs fixin'
2022-7-14
Use props
IM35461
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2235417 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Indeed, these problems remind me of my Karma drone including the weak signal problems and controller antenna mods. De Ja Vu

The controller GPS not working very well also leads to problems trying to update the drone RTH location to the controller which fails if the controller has not got a GPS fix.
2022-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules