Buzzing vibration at startup?
4627 21 2022-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfbd2311f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 384698 ft
United States

So, I just received my Fly More kit and updated the firmware on the two additional batteries.  Both times, upon restart, the drone buzzed kinda' loudly for a 1/2 second or so.  Sounded like a phone on vibrate sitting on a desk or something like that.  Thinking it was just related to the firmware update. I didn't think too much about it.  A while later I restarted the drone and watched it carefully.  It buzzed again for a split second and I noticed the gimbal shake a little.  

I have not noticed any buzzing on previous start ups, but usually I'm outside and my hearing is not that good anyway.  Is it normal for the gimbal to vibrate a bit when the aircraft starts up?  I'm totally new to drones so I have no ability to judge normal behavior.  

Thanks in advance!

2022-7-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had that when I did the initial update. It turned out to be the gimbal that was vibrating slightly. A gentle tap stopped it.  Several more flights on the clock now and it hasn't happened again.
2022-7-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application when this is happening and kindly please post a short sample video showing the issue for us to be able to see and can assist you. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-7-14
Use props
fansfbd2311f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 384698 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-14 02:08
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application when this is happening and kindly please post a short sample video showing the issue for us to be able to see and can assist you. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

No error message.  If I get a chance to video it happening again, I will post it here.

Thanks.
2022-7-14
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I had the same ‘grumbling’ of the gimbal when i updated my replacement mini 3 two days ago, Tried to capture this on video doiing a new start up but everything was normal again whitout the trembling sound. Didn’t hear it since…(manufact. 06/2022)
2022-7-14
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application when this is happening and kindly please post a short sample video showing the issue for us to be able to see and can assist you. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

Hi, Stephen, I could record the buzzing of the gimbal on startup, it is a brand new replacement I received, please react if this is faulty?

2022-7-14
Use props
djiuser_GW9qSbWQgp9n
lvl.2
Sweden

Hi, I sometimes have the same buzzing sound on my mini 3 pro gimbal. Is it a firmware fault or something else?
Best Regards
2022-8-19
Use props
fishrhs
lvl.1

United States

Mine has been doing this since the last Firmware upgrade off and on at startup as well.  Just touching it gently will stop it.

I couldn't tell if this was a byproduct of crashing multiple times, as I suspect the camera takes most of the impact given the forward placement, or if it's software related though.

-Cheers
2022-8-23
Use props
OntarioPaddler
lvl.1

Canada

I have a Mini 3 replacement through DJI Refresh and it's also vibrating briefly on startup just like the one shown in the previous video.  Is this a defect or not?  
2022-8-23
Use props
fishrhs
lvl.1

United States

The video that JMR58 posted is what my unit is doing as well.  I've not seen it stop on it's own like this users, but if i touch it... it will.
2022-8-31
Use props
djiuser_vjyWljjtqMQz
New
South Africa

Mine is doing exactly the same after latest firmware update
2022-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fishrhs Posted at 8-31 05:53
The video that JMR58 posted is what my unit is doing as well.  I've not seen it stop on it's own like this users, but if i touch it... it will.

Hi there fishrhs. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since we are having this issue with your DJI Drone. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We will do our best to help and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry and thank you.
2022-9-1
Use props
RogerLswe
lvl.2
Sweden

Mine is usually doing the same for appr. 2 sec. It's strange that Dji not responding on this issue.  It feels like a firmware issue.
2022-9-2
Use props
SparkyPN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133711 ft
New Zealand

Hello guys, my new DJI Mini 3 pro is also doing this, I've only had it a couple of weeks and it's done it since new. Not every time. A gentle touch on the top of the camera and it stops. I do have a video of it happening if that's required? The drone has had a light crash into a soft shrub but it did it prior to that. I stumbled across this thread as I was searching to see if others had the same issue and whether it was a issue to be concerned about or not
2022-9-28
Use props
SparkyPN
lvl.2
New Zealand

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/RtnqYUP-TFY
Here's a quick video of what my one is doing, intermittantly
2022-9-28
Use props
SparkyPN
lvl.2
New Zealand

Just a heads up after a wee chat with Support (who are super friendly btw) and them reviewing the video link above they've asked for it to be shipped back to them for further diagnosis. Which I assume means it shouldn't be doing that. I'm in New Zealand and they've asked me to send back to them in China so I imagine this will be quite a long slow process. Will keep you posted
2022-10-1
Use props
Kring1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161073 ft
United States

Mine started doing the same thing - DJI tried to tell me no less then 10 times even after sending video's that non-stop buzzing like that is totally normal since there is no error.  they also refused to provide warranty support until I pushed really hard to escalate that this is absolutely not normal and didn't do it for first month or more and only started after a firmware update.  Mine does that same buzzing but never really stops... if you hold the drone a certain way it might stop, but then any movement and it starts again.

My drone has been in warranty support process for a month now. missed out on one trip, and am about to miss out on a second trip starting this week...
Here's a video of mine (Ignore the dang dog barking at the drone from inside )  

https://youtube.com/shorts/r293MSmqOBU?
2022-10-10
Use props
djiuser_Z6qTDy1XZ43q
New
United Kingdom

What use is the support if you have to be without your drone for so long!?
2022-10-10
Use props
fans3bdf577a
New
United Kingdom

Having same problem with mine 2 day old 4 min use
2022-12-9
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

Kring1 Posted at 10-10 13:14
Mine started doing the same thing - DJI tried to tell me no less then 10 times even after sending video's that non-stop buzzing like that is totally normal since there is no error.  they also refused to provide warranty support until I pushed really hard to escalate that this is absolutely not normal and didn't do it for first month or more and only started after a firmware update.  Mine does that same buzzing but never really stops... if you hold the drone a certain way it might stop, but then any movement and it starts again.

My drone has been in warranty support process for a month now. missed out on one trip, and am about to miss out on a second trip starting this week...

My gimbal arm and motor was replaced and its gone, see my video.
2022-12-9
Use props
David Sansoni
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-9-1 22:02
Hi there fishrhs. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since we are having this issue with your DJI Drone. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We will do our best to help and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry and thank you.

Is it possible to post a solution, mine does this vibrating judder too.
2023-8-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

David Sansoni Posted at 8-3 11:52
Is it possible to post a solution, mine does this vibrating judder too.

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Are you getting an error or are you still able to move the gimbal?
2023-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules