1042 9 2022-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djitigger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161604 ft
United States

So the M3P finally showed up.

Prior to even trying to fly, I went through all updates.

As I have been watching and reading about the various deliveries and issues, I was fully prepared for whatever issues may occur. I came off the ground to about 10' - the sensors are REALLY sensitive and start alarming within 20' of an oibject. After not really seeing any issues, I decided to start seeing how the M3P will operate - basic movements, etc. Images between the M3P and the M2 look somewhat similar thus far, but other than quick visual reviews, I have not done more at this point.

Next, I flew up to 390' (straight up above me), snapped a few more images - and all of a sudden, the drone was 'gone'. I could not hear it and the controller disconnected from the M3P. After what seemed like a minute, I did hear it and a moment later, I saw it descending - but still no connection. It remained with no connection until about 50' from the ground, at which point - it reconnected to the controller and if I pushed the throttle up, it would slow it's descent but it still kept coming down. After landing, I was able to take off again. After checking the basic controls, it seemed ok, so I tried some of the new features to include follow me, which was cool to see and after coming back into the driveway (no objects / trees whatsoever), the M3P stopped and lost connection with the controller. After a minute (a real minute) or so, it reconnected - so I flew back to the landing area, where I could descend to the elevation right before it lands - but holding the throttle down would not make it land. I could go up and in all directions - I could even go down to 'landing height' but it would not land. In the air, I could put my hand under it and it would go up - but I could not do a hand landing. I am very experienced with my M2, so I know how to do hand launches and landing. After a very long delay, I could finally land it.

I was monitoring for CE / FCC issues - it did not appear to be in CE mode so I'm not sure that this was an issue during this flight and even if CE were a problem, I'm not sure that CE / FCC would make a difference while in very close proximity to the M3P. I do live near high power lines (around 200' high) - that said, the M2 has not ever had a problem with this area (or any other area) and over the course of about an hour (2 batteries), I had 3 disconnects, 2 occuring at around 10' off the ground and one at 390'. While looking through some of the settings, Sideways Flying made no difference if it was enabled or disabled.

2022-7-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Switching to Sport mode for hand catching disables the sensors and works a treat.
2022-7-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Which controller were you using (RC or RC-N1)?  I had a somewhat similar issue on Day 1 with my Mini 3. The following morning I decided to use DJI Assistant 2 to refresh firmware on Drone, RC and all 3 batteries.  Since then, knock on wood, no nearby disconnects.  Still having issues with it switching from FCC mode to CE mode when HP is set but I'm using the temporary workaround until such time as DJI does a firmware update to hopefully fix this issue.  

2022-7-15
Use props
djitigger
lvl.2
United States

This is with the 'RC' controller .. the one with the built in screen. I plan to do more flight testing today. I thank you for the info on reinstalling the firmware.
2022-7-15
Use props
MavicMike1955
lvl.2
Flight distance : 915669 ft
  • >>>
United States

djitigger Posted at 7-15 06:05
This is with the 'RC' controller .. the one with the built in screen. I plan to do more flight testing today. I thank you for the info on reinstalling the firmware.

Just to rule out interference from the high power lines you mentioned, I'd suggest going to another area clear of any possible interference and test it there.  But my initial thoughts are that you might have gotten a lemon.  Contact DJI if these disconnects continue.
2022-7-15
Use props
MavicMike1955
lvl.2
Flight distance : 915669 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 7-15 05:18
Switching to Sport mode for hand catching disables the sensors and works a treat.

Wow, I never thought of that.  GREAT TIP!
2022-7-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MavicMike1955 Posted at 7-15 06:19
Wow, I never thought of that.  GREAT TIP!

Just passing on acquired knowledge    Enjoy
2022-7-15
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

i think ce/fcc would not make a difrence anymore in m3p
2022-7-15
Use props
djitigger
lvl.2
United States

I just completed a firmware refresh on the drone and the controller .. so more testing shortly.
2022-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there djitigger. Congratulations on your new DJI Mini 3 Pro and for sharing these interesting information with us. Again, thank you for your valued support and keep flying. .
2022-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules