1767 7 2022-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike Byte
lvl.2
Flight distance : 377484 ft
Germany

Hi there,

after the previous versions of the DJI Fly App seemed to fix the issue with the freezing und jerky picture, the latest version für iOS (1.6.9(652)) brings back a bundle of all the bugs, combined in one app. After flying today the following problems appeared:

• The live picture froze on my mobile device after some time of flying
  • The app crashed after stopping video recording via the button on the remote
  • Suddenly the black picture issue appeared, that has been reported by several other users here in the forum

In other words: The app is absolutely unusable; it is simply crap.

I'm now sick and tiered of recommendations like 'reinstall the previous version on your mobile' or 'tun off charging your phone by the controller'. All those hints don't help and are just there to keep us customers calm. Of course, I could use an alternative app like Maven or Litchi, but in case of damaging my drone while using those apps, theres no warranty from DJI over the Care Refresh insurance. So, there are two options: flying with a probably functioning app from a third-party developer and losing my warranty or using the buggy DJI Fly App with a high chance of crashing my drone sooner or later. In this case, at least, I'd get a new one.

I'm sorry, that this threat is quite bitter and sounds frustrated, but it is frustrating, that DJI is unable to program a working app over the last years and forces its customers to use this terrible app in order to get warranty.

Cheers

2022-7-16
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

what iphone are you using? is it up to date? did you downloaded app from store or from dji site?
2022-7-17
Use props
Mike Byte
lvl.2
Germany

fateofangel Posted at 7-17 04:02
what iphone are you using? is it up to date? did you downloaded app from store or from dji site?

iPhone X with iOS 15.5. The app was downloaded from the Apple App Store, this is the only way to install apps on iOS devices.
2022-7-17
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

So i have identical configuration as you, and have no issues as far,  whats going on
2022-7-17
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

but i use mini2..
2022-7-17
Use props
Mike Byte
lvl.2
Germany

That's strange. The Mini 2 and the Mavic Air 2S both use the same controller.
2022-7-17
Use props
Mike Byte
lvl.2
Germany

I had two longer flights today with the new 1.6.12 version of the DJI Fly app for iOS. It seems like most of the problems were fixed:

• No black screen
  • No freezing picture during flight
  • No crashes

The only thing that happened was that the camera picture on my mobile device froze for a few seconds during one of my flights. But that could have been a problem with the connection to the controller because the drone was quite far away.

Now I'm slightly optimistic that the app is now functioning probably. For all the others who still have problems with the DJI Fly app under iOS, there's a workaround that I've figured out working fine for me with the older version of the app:

• Charging the iPhone by the controller while flying - doing that, the screen didn't dim anymore and the app didn't crash
  • Turning on flight mode on my mobile - as far as I know, this a recommended setting by DJI anyway and who wants to answer a telephone call?

Maybe this helps. I tried those settings last week with version 1.6.9 and had no problems. So, I decided to keep on using them with all further app version.

Cheers

2022-8-21
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Update to the latest version (1.8.0)! It works just fine for me, using Mavic Air 2 & Pixel 6, never had issues with the new app.
2022-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules