1977 41 2022-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Staff, regarding the mini 3 Pro and DJI RC, please could you let the techs know that there is an issue with the latest software...
The issue in question is that the RC indicator on the radar is not accurate, its out by about 5 degrees, that's after calibration of the compass, before it was about 30 degrees out. The next issue is that in the standard radar view with the drone on the outside rim of the radar, the incremental turns is in something like every 5 degrees, there is no precise sense of RC to drone alignment, whilst the dot changes to green Menai g alignment is OK, it's not spot on until the arrows align, now this is not possible due to both issues I have mentioned. This needs further attention, the mini 2 and my P4p are spot on, works 100% so it can be done, I just cannot understand why the techs would release it like that.~

EDIT:~Same goes for the map, that to jumps in large incremements, its bad enough that its nearly unusable

2022-7-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Another curious thing I noticed yesterday, When bringing the Mini3Pro back from a lengthy flight to land, the height indicator was registering a negative value even though it was still 10 metres or so above the Home Point.
2022-7-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Bashy,

Guess DJI cannot do anything about the 5 degrees....it depends on the accurancy of the compass indication of the mobile device.

If i calibrate all my devices in this household (>10) than i see a variation in compass headings of about 20 degrees between them all.

Happily my most used device is fairly accurate, so using the radar indicator in the new way (drone icon on the outer ring) i know where my drone is in the air relative to me.

5 degrees doesn`t bother me, but i understand you bc it did work for your P4.

cheers
JJB

2022-7-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Blériot53 Posted at 7-17 01:20
Another curious thing I noticed yesterday, When bringing the Mini3Pro back from a lengthy flight to land, the height indicator was registering a negative value even though it was still 10 metres or so above the Home Point.

Hi,

Minus indication can be 'normal'  after a flight landing at the take off spot.
But minus indication flying at 10 meter above HP is imo too much.

Changes in air pressure do change the baro height indication;
1 millibar air pressure change = 25 feet = 8.5 meter.

Air pressure can change rapid fying close to upcoming bad weather.

cheers
JJB
2022-7-17
Use props
MTShipp_
lvl.3

United States

I have seen the same behavior. And if I land, then start up again it is back to normal. Does yours eventually correct itself or do you have to land first?
2022-7-17
Use props
MTShipp_
lvl.3

United States

JJB* Posted at 7-17 01:35
Hi,

Makes sense. Do you know how often it performs a baro check? Because if I hover a little while it still does not correct itself.
2022-7-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MTShipp_ Posted at 7-17 02:43
Makes sense. Do you know how often it performs a baro check? Because if I hover a little while it still does not correct itself.

It's very common to see a difference of 10-20 ft between launch time and landing.
2022-7-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 7-17 01:27
Hi Bashy,

Guess DJI cannot do anything about the 5 degrees....it depends on the accurancy of the compass indication of the mobile device.

When its in the mode where the drone is on the outside it works how it should, a nice smooth movement around the radar although its still slightly off-kilter, surely they wouldn't use a compass that's not accurate for a device that needs a precise alignment, makes no sense whatsoever
2022-7-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I didnt notice, i spose i can look at the flight log, whats the method of retrieval from the RC, i assume its in the SD card?
2022-7-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

MTShipp_ Posted at 7-17 02:43

Hi,

At start of a flight the baro height indicaction is set to zero, after land on as well.
This zero reference height is used during the flight.

Few meters + or - at land on is 'normal'.

cheers
JJB

2022-7-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bashy Posted at 7-17 03:24
When its in the mode where the drone is on the outside it works how it should, a nice smooth movement around the radar although its still slightly off-kilter, surely they wouldn't use a compass that's not accurate for a device that needs a precise alignment, makes no sense whatsoever

uh, compass to position icon drone on the radar display is the mobile device or the RC compass.
Those compasses are not that accurate....

cheers
JJB
2022-7-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 7-17 01:35
Hi,

Plausible, yes. It was early morning with the sun just peeping over the hills. A 20+ minute flight could have seen a difference, especially flying to the top of the hill and back.
2022-7-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MTShipp_ Posted at 7-17 02:42
I have seen the same behavior. And if I land, then start up again it is back to normal. Does yours eventually correct itself or do you have to land first?

I haven't paid attention to that detail I'm afraid.  But yes, next time out it was reporting zero before take-off.
2022-7-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-17 03:25
I didnt notice, i spose i can look at the flight log, whats the method of retrieval from the RC, i assume its in the SD card?

It's saved in the RC, not on the SD card.
2022-7-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 7-17 03:25

Your flight data is stored in the app, not on the SD card.
To check altitudes you just need to look at a few flights on the RC and advance to the end of a flight to see what finishing altitude was.
2022-7-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks, guys, so easiest way is copy to card, I will do that when I go back, thbak again..
2022-7-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Part of the script I have written to create my pilot's logbook compares the height at take off to the height at the end of the log.
Most are, as expected, around 0 but there as quite a few in the 10's -20's ( metres) and a small few in the 100's............and suspect lol.
Where I have flown ±5m is physically possible through me changing take off and landing points i.e. walking up/down hill, but the ±10m+ ones can only be due to other factors. I do not remote land.
Just in case anyone is thinking of asking, I will not post the logs.
2022-7-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-17 05:21
Part of the script I have written to create my pilot's logbook compares the height at take off to the height at the end of the log.
Most are, as expected, around 0 but there as quite a few in the 10's -20's ( metres) and a small few in the 100's............and suspect lol.
Where I have flown ±5m is physically possible through me changing take off and landing points i.e. walking up/down hill, but the ±10m+ ones can only be due to other factors. I do not remote land.

Hi,

Just a typical MINI2 example of height differences st landing, this time just 1 meter to high.
Notice that the last record the baro height is zero`d and this zero see on the screen as well.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2022-7-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah assuming you are correct then I used the last non zero value, it's a while since I wrote that bit and I am in the wrong computer to check.
Where are you getting the "MotorsOFF" from?
2022-7-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Have you managed to calibrate the RC compass with the latest FW? I tried but when I select calibration it just goes to done, does not let me do it.
2022-7-17
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 7-17 11:40
Have you managed to calibrate the RC compass with the latest FW? I tried but when I select calibration it just goes to done, does not let me do it.

My flight attitude radar/compass is inaccurate and will not let me Re-Calibrate either. Says everything good, but it is not ...   
2022-7-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was able to the 1st time after it all updated from new, so everything was the latest, but since doing the 1st one, it will not let me do it again, stupid idea putting a stop to it just because IT thinks IT'S ok, with IT clearly isn't....
2022-7-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bashy. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-7-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-17 18:56
Hello there Bashy. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.

Hi Stepehen, thank you, please can you add that the map is also the same, that to jumps in increments when turn the RC  so aligning is very difficult.
2022-7-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Goggles Pisano Posted at 7-17 17:38
My flight attitude radar/compass is inaccurate and will not let me Re-Calibrate either. Says everything good, but it is not ...

Seems to be an issue for us all
2022-7-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Bashy Posted at 7-17 18:32
I was able to the 1st time after it all updated from new, so everything was the latest, but since doing the 1st one, it will not let me do it again, stupid idea putting a stop to it just because IT thinks IT'S ok, with IT clearly isn't....

I am hoping Dji fixes this although it does not affect the flight of the drone I wonder if there might be an issue in the event of a warranty claim because it reads wrong in the logs
2022-7-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 7-17 19:54
I am hoping Dji fixes this although it does not affect the flight of the drone I wonder if there might be an issue in the event of a warranty claim because it reads wrong in the logs

Well, yes and no, for me, it did affect the flight, i and to keep changing direct because i couldn't line it up correctly and i was only about 160m away but using the map as i was behind a tree (no los, shh)

For the range test, it came back shooting off to the right by a large margin, i wouldnt have know had i not opened the map to check, had i taken the battery down to the wire, i wouldnt have made it back, so its a good job i keep a little in reserve lol

So in that sense, it is affecting the flight and a safety issue to boot, is it a fly away when it veers off without you knowing?
2022-7-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Bashy Posted at 7-17 20:50
Well, yes and no, for me, it did affect the flight, i and to keep changing direct because i couldn't line it up correctly and i was only about 160m away but using the map as i was behind a tree (no los, shh)

For the range test, it came back shooting off to the right by a large margin, i wouldnt have know had i not opened the map to check, had i taken the battery down to the wire, i wouldnt have made it back, so its a good job i keep a little in reserve lol

If you put it that way then you are correct.
2022-7-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same here Suren,  this last update broke the calibration feature.
2022-7-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 7-17 22:58
Same here Suren,  this last update broke the calibration feature.

Kind of a pain though. So far it's just the radar issues for me and drone banks right but using left stick to keep it going straight. IMU, RC calibration does not help. Flew perfect before I updated to lates FW.
2022-7-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 7-18 01:07
Kind of a pain though. So far it's just the radar issues for me and drone banks right but using left stick to keep it going straight. IMU, RC calibration does not help. Flew perfect before I updated to lates FW.

Funny you mention the banking right,   mine would doing that today too,   I was going to calibrate the sticks again later.
2022-7-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 7-19 02:04
Funny you mention the banking right,   mine would doing that today too,   I was going to calibrate the sticks again later.

Let me know if that fixes for you, I tried that but did not help. I should maybe try RC N1 and see if it still does that
2022-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Bashy Posted at 7-17 19:30
Hi Stepehen, thank you, please can you add that the map is also the same, that to jumps in increments when turn the RC  so aligning is very difficult.

Hi there Bashy. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. These information will be noted as well. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.
2022-7-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-21 21:36
Hi there Bashy. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. These information will be noted as well. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.

An update was issued to the RC today, i have been out and tested it and whilst the direction is for the most part fixed, i say most part because its still about 5 degrees out for me, i did a calibration prior to taking off too.  

Also, the large increments are still there, it should turn smoothly on the radar and map. Thank you.
2022-7-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looking at recent videos from very qualified reviewers it looks to me that the new update gives a very smooth rotation of the radar and the angles look spot on. Well done DJI
2022-7-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-21 22:26
Looking at recent videos from very qualified reviewers it looks to me that the new update gives a very smooth rotation of the radar and the angles look spot on. Well done DJI

You couldn't help yourself, could you? You just had to contradict what i have said whilst being wrong in the process.

I have literally just come in from testing this and not watching videos and the issue that i am referring to is still there, the indicators turn with too large an increment therefore the indicators do not turn smoothly.

As seen in one of the videos you no doubt refer to, i have link to the time where its easier to grasp what i am referring, now, watch the birdie, (indicators), they turn in large increments, perhaps 20-30 per directional change.

Feeling foolish yet?

2022-7-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad they finally sorted it for all those like you who seemed to be having the issue. Mini is fine
2022-7-22
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-21 22:10
An update was issued to the RC today, i have been out and tested it and whilst the direction is for the most part fixed, i say most part because its still about 5 degrees out for me, i did a calibration prior to taking off too.  

Also, the large increments are still there, it should turn smoothly on the radar and map. Thank you.

That has been a thing on the recent aircraft firmwares.

I suspect, with the Mini 3, they are reducing the frequency for the telemetry in order to try to optimise signal strength and video feed, so the telemetry is not smooth like other models.  All part of the poor signal that will always plaque this model
2022-7-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheBoy Posted at 7-22 02:44
That has been a thing on the recent aircraft firmwares.

I suspect, with the Mini 3, they are reducing the frequency for the telemetry in order to try to optimise signal strength and video feed, so the telemetry is not smooth like other models.  All part of the poor signal that will always plaque this model

Mini is alright and now that the Radar and Compus has been fixed for everyone a good result
2022-7-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-22 03:27
Mini is alright and now that the Radar and Compus has been fixed for everyone a good result

Why do you keep saying that its fixed for everyone, clearly its not, even those on youtube are not fixed properly, in that one i posted above, you can clearly see that the icon does not move around like second hand on a clock, its more like an hour or even 2 hour hand at best.

Stop with this speaking for everyone, you do it all the time, we are individuals and can speak for ourselves
2022-7-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules