Is the RC Pro now worth it?
1196 10 2022-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hrodnand
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2972293 ft
Romania

What is your experience, is the RC Pro now worth it to be used with the Air 2S? I heard there were some connection issues earlier and I wonder if the overall quality of the RC Pro now makes it a better tool to be used with the drone than f.e the default controller. Thanks!

2022-7-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

It is a solid feeling remote with some nifty features.
2022-7-18
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

they say standard controller gives better signal..
2022-7-18
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

The RC Pro works great! My personal experience is that I get significantly better range with the RC Pro than with the stock controller. I've been using it since it became compatible with the Air 2S, and have had no issues, and a LOT of flight time with it. Whether or not it's "worth it?" is up to you (and your needs) to determine, but I've had no regrets with it.
2022-7-18
Use props
mavic3tw
First Officer
Flight distance : 6485269 ft
Taiwan

The new generation of RC Pro should be able to support the new generation of DJI drones (Mini 3 Pro and upcoming drones), and it should also meet the needs of RC Pro customers! Now DJI RC can support Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro, but why RC Pro cannot support Mini 3 Pro. Why? When will DJI release the new RC Pro firmware compatible with the Mini 3 Pro?  DJI, please kindly treat it as an urgent ! Thank you!
2022-7-18
Use props
Hrodnand
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2972293 ft
Romania

mavic3tw Posted at 7-18 21:13
The new generation of RC Pro should be able to support the new generation of DJI drones (Mini 3 Pro and upcoming drones), and it should also meet the needs of RC Pro customers! Now DJI RC can support Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro, but why RC Pro cannot support Mini 3 Pro. Why? When will DJI release the new RC Pro firmware compatible with the Mini 3 Pro?  DJI, please kindly treat it as an urgent ! Thank you!

Dude, I asked about the Air 2S, not the Mini 3 Pro... Please stick to the subject.
2022-7-18
Use props
mavic3tw
First Officer
Flight distance : 6485269 ft
Taiwan

Hrodnand Posted at 7-18 21:23
Dude, I asked about the Air 2S, not the Mini 3 Pro... Please stick to the subject.

Sorry, wrong post.  But RC Pro is worth it. I got both DJI RC and RC Pro. I still prefer RC Pro. I love it.

2022-7-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've found it to be well worth it.  Pull out drone and RC Pro and start both, do pre-flight and then take off.  No more wires to hook up, tie-up mobile device, etc.  Personally, I've found that the signal is stronger on the RC Pro than the standard controller.  It's nice having HDMI out and the 1000 Nits is really helpful o bright sunny days.  I also like that you can put 3rd party Apps on it like UAV Forecast for example.  The customizable buttons are also a plus.  It truly is the best controller that DJI has produced to date.  I have and use the new DJI RC that I use with the Mini 3 and it works okay.  However, it has a dumb-downed version of Android on it, only 700 Nits, no HDMI out and no 3rd party Apps.  

I'm really glad I got the RC Pro and can't wait for DJI to make it compatible with the Mini 3 also.  That way I only have to carry one controller and that would be the RC Pro of course.
2022-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Hrodnand. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI Co Pilots who owns the DJI Air 2S and uses the DJI RC Pro ( https://www.dji.com/rc-pro?site=brandsite&from=nav ) to fly there DJI Drone can give out the best information and recommendation with regards to this matter. For reference the DJI RC Pro features O3+ video transmission technology, capable of maintaining a 1080p/60fps live feed from up to 15 km away with a latency as low as 120 ms. A 2T4R high-gain antenna system enhances signal coverage and keeps transmission stable and smooth. In addition, the DJI RC Pro provides brightness up to 1000 nits, showing clear details even under direct sunlight, making it an optimal tool for outdoor use. Normal phone screens, however, cannot provide a constant high-brightness display and will automatically decrease brightness in an outdoor environment. Thank you.
2022-7-20
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 7-18 11:17
It is a solid feeling remote with some nifty features.

I see what you did there!

And yes, it's fantastic with the A2S.
2022-7-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

KLRSKIR Posted at 7-21 01:54
I see what you did there!

And yes, it's fantastic with the A2S.

I was pondering getting another Air2S. A mate paired my RC Pro to his Air2S and it works so well including Airsense.
2022-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules