Mini 2 RC disconnecting randomly
3741 8 2022-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyMussk
lvl.1
Australia

My Mini 2 keeps disconnecting randomly from the remote control when I'm flying short or long distances, for example: 5m or 50m away. The remote-control signal is 100% when taking off and suddenly drops to zero and disconnects. The screen will blackout then RTH starts and after a few seconds screen comes back. A message saying I'm flying near an airport area keeps popping up on my screen. However, the problem occurs when I'm flying in multiple places more than 70km far from the nearest airport or any restricted area. In the past, I used to operate the same drone with the same mobile phone and same RC (but with an older firmware version) in the same areas with absolutely no problems. The problem occurs even when flying in a natural park where there are absolutely no objects, antennas, towers, and nothing in the environment that could cause electromagnetic interference on the RC and no obstacles between the transmitter and the drone. I noticed the problem has started one month ago when I connected the drone 2 times and the app asked me to activate the bluetooth. It never occurred before. The problem started AFTER I installed the lasted version of the firmware.

The problem persists even:

# After restating the mobile.

# After reinstalling the DJI app AND the newest version of the firmware.

# When flying with or without an SD card.

# The batteries of the remote control + drone + mobile are fully charged.

# The cord connecting phone-control worked perfectly in the past and is well connected.

# The app is running in my iPhone 13 software version 15.4.1 and it was working perfectly after installing the new version of the firmware.

Any insights?

2022-7-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to re-link the aircraft to the RC and check if the issue still persists? You may refer to the tutorial link below. In addition, you may want to check the location you are flying to see if you are flying in a restricted area and you may unlock the said location for future flights, you can check it here https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map . Please keep us posted with the result for us to help you further. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2022-7-18
Use props
TonyMussk
lvl.1
Australia

Dear Sir, Madam or Robot,

Yes, I have already tried to re-link, follow the tutorial above and ensured I'm not flying in a restricted area as I mentioned in my post above. Any other idea? Thank you.
2022-7-18
Use props
djiuser_r8dDodWDVlhn
New

Sudan

I am currently experiencing the exact same problem
I can't find a solution anywhere on the internet.
2022-11-16
Use props
TonyMussk
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_r8dDodWDVlhn Posted at 11-16 10:01
I am currently experiencing the exact same problem
I can't find a solution anywhere on the internet.

Hi mate,

I reported all details and sent to DJI.
They asked me to send my mini2 to the closest service for testing.
I live in Cairns so I posted my drone to Melbourne ($$).
In a few weeks (and after talking every other day with DJI), they sent me a new drone (for free).
DJI didn't provide me with any explanation about the previous problem.
My new drone is now flying free and happy now.

I hope it helps you.

All the best!
2022-11-16
Use props
edemskyle
New
Flight distance : 82930 ft

Philippines

Were this been resolved everyone? I have this issue on my dji mini 2 as well. I can't find any resolution all over internet.
2022-12-8
Use props
TonyMussk
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Edemskyle,

There is no solution for that on the Internet. But you can contact DJI support and send your drone for tests. I did that and DJI gave me a new drone or free as I mentioned above.

Good luck!

TM

2022-12-8
Use props
djiuser_Hn5prWrj1iR9
New
Flight distance : 91283 ft
India

I also face the same problem connection lost in mid flight and comes back again ..... drone does not respond immediately...... and in an open field it starts to sway here and there ... I tried all above but without any success...... even if the drone is on land rc strength is jst orange 3 bars.... I stay in India please advise me where can I connect with DJI service personnel in Mumbai india
2023-10-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Hn5prWrj1iR9 Posted at 10-12 02:46
I also face the same problem connection lost in mid flight and comes back again ..... drone does not respond immediately...... and in an open field it starts to sway here and there ... I tried all above but without any success...... even if the drone is on land rc strength is jst orange 3 bars.... I stay in India please advise me where can I connect with DJI service personnel in Mumbai india

Hi there. If you're located in India, according to India's Import Policy, Drones are 'prohibited' except for R&D and defense use. There are no DJI Authorized Retail Stores in India to sell drones. So we cannot provide an aftersales service at your location. Since the unit was purchased from a local dealer, we suggest contacting the point of purchase to seek further assistance on this matter. Please give us feedback if you can't contact the seller. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and your understanding is highly appreciated.  
2023-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules