Eventually, I had no choice but to purchase RC pro.
1796 30 2022-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ma Junsung
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1062011 ft
South Korea

The combination of iPhone 12 Pro and Rc-N1 was not available outdoors in the summer. The iPhone gets hot and the screen gets dark, and RC-N1 often loses focus because it does not support half-shutters.

I also thought about buying a new RC, but I ended up buying an RC Pro because of the adjustment distance, screen brightness, and the ability to install a separate app.
IMG_0673.jpg

The Mavic 3 makes a wallet so light
But there's no extra control stick in the box, which is really unfriendly

2022-7-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're glad that you already now have your new amazing DJI RC Pro. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to reach us. Have a wonderful day ahead!  
2022-7-19
Use props
Dominik__W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1112218 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Great choice. The RC Pro is a perfect combination with the Mavic 3. I bought the first RC Pro for my Air 2S myself, and then the Mavic 3
2022-7-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great choice,  lets hope they make it compatible with more drones in the line up.
2022-7-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

The RC Pro will grow on you, yeah t is very expensive and it took me a while as well to fork out that money but I cannot see myself flying my `Mavic 3 without it. I actually don't even know where my RC N1 is anymore
2022-7-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I really like my RC Pro.  It offers so much more functionality than the new RC that came out with the Mini 3.  I just wish that the RC Pro was compatible with the Mini 3.
2022-7-20
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I had no choice but to purchase RC pro
'No Choice'?  So the RC Pro must have something to justify it costing 3.5 times the RC.
2022-7-20
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-20 03:20
I really like my RC Pro.  It offers so much more functionality than the new RC that came out with the Mini 3.  I just wish that the RC Pro was compatible with the Mini 3.

I just wish that the RC Pro was compatible with the Mini 3.
Shame on DJI, you paid 3.5 times the price with no mini3 support, when you can have 'literally' everything with the RC. I said 'literally'; because 99% of the time a steady 700nits is good enough for me.

2022-7-20
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 7-20 01:10
Great choice,  lets hope they make it compatible with more drones in the line up.

Great choice? Please elaborate.
I have both the RC Pro and the RC, and I can't see why the RC Pro is 3.5 times the price of the RC. Please tell us from your own experience wiith the RC Pro why it is such a great choice over the RC.
2022-7-20
Use props
djiuser_VmihpNUfxVT3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 60935 ft
United States

My wish would be that Google Play would work on the RC Pro.
2022-7-20
Use props
Ma Junsung
lvl.2
South Korea

Monkey007 Posted at 7-20 15:21
I have both the RC Pro and the RC, and I can't see why the RC Pro is 3.5 times the price of the RC. Please tell us from your own experience wiith the RC Pro why it is such a great choice over the RC.

First, there is a difference in Transmitter Power, so RC Pro can receive more stable images.
RC has a built-in antenna structure, so you have to adjust the angle of the controller to the angle of the drone, but RC Pro has an external antenna except for two built-in antennas, so you can adjust the angle of the antenna.
And the most important advantage is that the RC Pro's screen brightness is 1000 nits, so you can use it outdoors without a separate sun hood.
Finally, RC Pro can install a separate Android app. I have installed the DS drive and DS file of Synology Nas and I am sending the taken photos to the NAS immediately.
2022-7-20
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Ma Junsung Posted at 7-20 18:36
First, there is a difference in Transmitter Power, so RC Pro can receive more stable images.
RC has a built-in antenna structure, so you have to adjust the angle of the controller to the angle of the drone, but RC Pro has an external antenna except for two built-in antennas, so you can adjust the angle of the antenna.
And the most important advantage is that the RC Pro's screen brightness is 1000 nits, so you can use it outdoors without a separate sun hood.

Then your statement is very true; you need the ability to install apps so you had no choice. However, having used both units for a decent amount of time now, I'm just not finding those other differences to be significant enough to justify the RC Pro's 3.5x higher price. To me those advertised differences are much bigger on paper than they are in real life. I can accept 2x the price for some marginal gains, but definitely not 3.5x
2022-7-20
Use props
Ma Junsung
lvl.2
South Korea

Monkey007 Posted at 7-20 22:52
Then your statement is very true; you need the ability to install apps so you had no choice. However, having used both units for a decent amount of time now, I'm just not finding those other differences to be significant enough to justify the RC Pro's 3.5x higher price. To me those advertised differences are much bigger on paper than they are in real life. I can accept 2x the price for some marginal gains, but definitely not 3.5x

I agree with you wholeheartedly.
2022-7-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Monkey007 Posted at 7-20 15:21

Brighter screen and faster processor for me,   price isn't really an issue for me.
2022-7-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wish it would work for my P4P, but sadly only for the V2.0, i cant justify that sort of money just for the Mini 3 Pro when they sort it out, although, never say never....
2022-7-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 7-20 15:04
I just wish that the RC Pro was compatible with the Mini 3.
Shame on DJI, you paid 3.5 times the price with no mini3 support, when you can have 'literally' everything with the RC. I said 'literally'; because 99% of the time a steady 700nits is good enough for me.

We each have our own opinion.  I'd prefer to use the RC Pro with the Mini 3 because it has HDMI out capability and the RC doesn't.  Also, the 300 Nits more from the RC Pro is needed on bright sunny days here in Florida.  Nice to be able to add 3rd party Apps such as UAV Forecast which you can't do on RC.  Notwithstanding that the RC has a dumbed down version of Android.  Again, to each their own opinions.  
2022-7-21
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 7-21 02:23
I wish it would work for my P4P, but sadly only for the V2.0, i cant justify that sort of money just for the Mini 3 Pro when they sort it out, although, never say never....

Which controller are you referring to?????
2022-7-21
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 7-21 00:49
Brighter screen and faster processor for me,   price isn't really an issue for me.

May I ask which drone have you been using your RC Pro with?
2022-7-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-21 02:23
I wish it would work for my P4P, but sadly only for the V2.0, i cant justify that sort of money just for the Mini 3 Pro when they sort it out, although, never say never....

The one we are in the section for, the RC Pro
2022-7-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-21 03:28
We each have our own opinion.  I'd prefer to use the RC Pro with the Mini 3 because it has HDMI out capability and the RC doesn't.  Also, the 300 Nits more from the RC Pro is needed on bright sunny days here in Florida.  Nice to be able to add 3rd party Apps such as UAV Forecast which you can't do on RC.  Notwithstanding that the RC has a dumbed down version of Android.  Again, to each their own opinions.

Exactly why i would buy it if it would work the P4P v1 and Mini 3 Pro, for the goggles that DJI pretty much made obsolete
2022-7-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 7-21 07:43
Exactly why i would buy it if it would work the P4P v1 and Mini 3 Pro, for the goggles that DJI pretty much made obsolete

Hopefully, here soon, DJI makes the RC Pro compatible with more drones than just Mavic 3 and Air 2S.  Even though it is expensive I think it would increase sales if it can be used for many DJI drones.  Guess only time will tell.
2022-7-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Monkey007 Posted at 7-20 22:52
Then your statement is very true; you need the ability to install apps so you had no choice. However, having used both units for a decent amount of time now, I'm just not finding those other differences to be significant enough to justify the RC Pro's 3.5x higher price. To me those advertised differences are much bigger on paper than they are in real life. I can accept 2x the price for some marginal gains, but definitely not 3.5x

I think Smart controller was a great RC and RC Pro is a big improvement on that. Smart controller cost approx €300 less than RC Pro but it was 3 year old tech, many things had changed in the world and rising prices on just about everything were the norm. Yes it is expensive but I expected that, I mean we seen exactly the same with the Mavic 3 it also increased in price . It offers a lot more than the dji RC but maybe not all users will need all it offers so some could go for the dji RC and not miss what’s available on the RC pro.
I think what is evident here is the Dji RC is pretty good value and will be a great choice for those using Mavic 3 Mini Pro 3 and hopefully future craft like Air3s etc and hopefully the dji RC also sees improvements over time.
2022-7-21
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 7-21 07:42
The one we are in the section for, the RC Pro

I wish it would work for my P4P, but sadly only for the V2.0,
Thought you were referring to something else, because the RC Pro DOES NOT WORK with the P4 V2.0.

2022-7-21
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-21 08:15
Hopefully, here soon, DJI makes the RC Pro compatible with more drones than just Mavic 3 and Air 2S.  Even though it is expensive I think it would increase sales if it can be used for many DJI drones.  Guess only time will tell.

Agreed, let's hope DJI would at least make the RC Pro work with every drone that the much cheaper RC works with.
2022-7-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

The RC Pro SHOULD support every currently sold DJI drone which uses the Fly app.
2022-7-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Monkey007 Posted at 7-21 13:33
I wish it would work for my P4P, but sadly only for the V2.0,
Thought you were referring to something else, because the RC Pro DOES NOT WORK with the P4 V2.0.

I thought i read somewhere that it does support V2.0 or was that the Smart Controller
EDIT: My bad, it was the SC, i take it then that the RC Pro is only O3+, just seen the reply above this one too, of course, its only the DJI Fly app too...
2022-7-21
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 7-21 06:29
May I ask which drone have you been using your RC Pro with?

Good question considering it doesn't look like he owns a drone that it would work on anyway. Just saying......
2022-7-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 7-21 13:43
Agreed, let's hope DJI would at least make the RC Pro work with every drone that the much cheaper RC works with.

Couldn't agree more.  
2022-7-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-21 15:47
The RC Pro SHOULD support every currently sold DJI drone which uses the Fly app.

Wouldn't that be great.  
2022-7-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 7-21 17:45
Good question considering it doesn't look like he owns a drone that it would work on anyway. Just saying......

I've found that you can't go strictly by the drones listed below your avatar.  Why, because if you buy a used drone it never shows up because many pilots have asked and DJI said no.  For instance the Mavic 2 Pro I bought used never showed as well as the used Mini 2.

Just like I get a lot of PM asking why I've only flown 525 feet.  Because of security reasons I don't sync my flight data to DJI servers but that doesn't mean I haven't flown a lot.  

Perceptions are not always what they seem.  Just saying.
2022-7-22
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

That will be my move once it becomes compatible with the mini 3 pro.
2022-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules