M3Pro manufactured month
2934 33 2022-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sree
lvl.3
United States

My M3Pro has delivered today, July 19th and the manufactured month is mentioned as May/2022. Did any one receive June/July batches from US resellers recently?
2022-7-19
Use props
CineDude
lvl.2

United Kingdom

This is the only reason I'm not in a rush to buy one. I want to get a later model that hopefully has whatever hardware fixes are required. I'd be buying from Amazon UK.
2022-7-19
Use props
Sree
lvl.3
United States

CineDude Posted at 7-19 20:59
This is the only reason I'm not in a rush to buy one. I want to get a later model that hopefully has whatever hardware fixes are required. I'd be buying from Amazon UK.

I was expecting a June batch with these long delays on delivering it.
2022-7-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

My original one was manufactured 2022-04.  The one I bought for my grandson was also 2022-05.  The replacement I just received yesterday shows 2022-05.
2022-7-20
Use props
Eveezy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19170 ft
United States

Got mine yesterday from Amazon (US). MFG date is June 22.
2022-7-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots here in Forum. Should you have other inquiries, please feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead!
2022-7-20
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

CineDude Posted at 7-19 20:59
This is the only reason I'm not in a rush to buy one. I want to get a later model that hopefully has whatever hardware fixes are required. I'd be buying from Amazon UK.

I mean you'll never know when (or if) they come out with any hardware changes. You could possibly be getting an older batch anyways if its been stored in the warehouse for a while.
What fixes are you waiting on?
2022-7-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok, I did a wee search through my stuff, and on the box when i got it, couldn't find diddly, where the dlckens is the manufacturer's date, please?
2022-7-20
Use props
Sree
lvl.3
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-20 03:16
My original one was manufactured 2022-04.  The one I bought for my grandson was also 2022-05.  The replacement I just received yesterday shows 2022-05.

Thank you for the update, I heard many of them are still getting May /22 batches still.
2022-7-20
Use props
Sree
lvl.3
United States

Eveezy Posted at 7-20 04:31

2022-7-20
Use props
Sree
lvl.3
United States

Bashy Posted at 7-20 08:44
Ok, I did a wee search through my stuff, and on the box when i got it, couldn't find diddly, where the dlckens is the manufacturer's date, please?

Its on the right bottumn part of the Serial number sticker on the box.
2022-7-20
Use props
Tez4UK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142349 ft
United Kingdom

Hope it helps bashy
621CDC79-A8F9-40C0-AD9A-133DA19ECDA7.jpeg
2022-7-20
Use props
Max_Px
lvl.3
Italy

I have had my first on June and the date reported was 5/2022.
I crashed that one and the brand new replacement from DJI is 4/2022. Very weird :-)
2022-7-20
Use props
Sree
lvl.3
United States

Max_Px Posted at 7-20 09:57
I have had my first on June and the date reported was 5/2022.
I crashed that one and the brand new replacement from DJI is 4/2022. Very weird :-)

Yeah, they are still sending April and May batches.
2022-7-20
Use props
mhaluska
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56706 ft
Czechia

Got mine Jul 17 with 2022/06 batch (CZ/EU).
2022-7-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Eveezy Posted at 7-20 04:31

[not directly to you but to all prev posts]
i cannot read chinese so it that what is is says?  manufacturer date?

or does it say something else like build date, assembly date, box printing date, packaging date, etc.  or maybe it says just month and year.

all i can see is month and year in english and it's a date so before we take a small leap.....

it's ok to equate this to roughly the true age of your drone but you know how things go on this forum:  first it gets labeled manufactured date, then someone gets an earlier date with a different (later) sw version, and then we try to assign this date to hardware build, and then we try to track when they units left china, and then we do what another post said which is replacement unit is earlier....etc.

all i am saying is let's know what it is for sure before we call it that since we don't know the factory process.  usually electronics go by a build week (not month).  i think a fair amount of accuracy can be determined by this date in the long run but maybe not so much for the first few months.  perhaps there is no difference in any of the months just yet.  for example, we may not be able to search around trying to find out if there is a july date in the market because it might not mean anything.  just trying to make sure we go in the same direction before the word gets out that "best buy" has july drones so everybody head over there if you want the latest greatest etc.   we don't know what is being "sent"......  

btw, how have we handled this in the past with older air and mini series drones, was date a factor?

2022-7-20
Use props
SgtMercy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1100558 ft
United States

Mine says "Made in China Y/M 2022/5" Sounds like manufacture date to me.
2022-7-20
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

SgtMercy Posted at 7-20 11:06

I have same date  Y/M 2022/5. No problems with mine with excellent distance. But attitude indicator got screwed up last update...
2022-7-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SgtMercy Posted at 7-20 11:06

i believe the Made in China part is the required Country of Origin.

Just trying to be more precise but not necessary if nothing specific.
2022-7-20
Use props
SgtMercy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1100558 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 7-20 12:14
i believe the Made in China part is the required Country of Origin.

Just trying to be more precise but not necessary if nothing specific.

Sounds like you're just picking nits.
Trying to be a part of every conversation whether you have something useful to add or not.
2022-7-20
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

I reecived mine yesterday from B&H and its 2022/6
2022-7-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sree Posted at 7-20 09:45
Its on the right bottumn part of the Serial number sticker on the box.

Thanks a lot, Mines is June 2022
2022-7-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tez4UK Posted at 7-20 09:53
Hope it helps bashy

Thank you, i can't believe i missed that mine is June 2022
2022-7-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 7-20 10:55
[not directly to you but to all prev posts]
i cannot read chinese so it that what is is says?  manufacturer date?

My Mini 2 has 2020/11 its on the sticker of the serial number and barcode, it's the same as my Mini 3 Pro so one would really assume that it is the maufaturers date,

What date do you have on yours?
2022-7-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SgtMercy Posted at 7-20 12:29
Sounds like you're just picking nits.
Trying to be a part of every conversation whether you have something useful to add or not.

just trying to be accurate; details matter.  i dont think it's appropriate to use terms loosely but i'm finding a lot of the kids don't care about that "nonsense" and just say whatever sounds good to them.  if i were arguing about manufacturer date vs build date then maybe that's nit picking but before we go down that road, i was hoping someone could confirm it before we guess.  otherwise it's just sloppy when it leads to confusion later on (which it will).

and, stay on topic please, this is not about me and my posts.  don't become one of "them" you know who were are talking about.
2022-7-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 7-20 13:28
My Mini 2 has 2020/11 its on the sticker of the serial number and barcode, it's the same as my Mini 3 Pro so one would really assume that it is the maufaturers date,

What date do you have on yours?

my mini 3 says 2022/5.

my fmk+ says 2022/6.  so is that the date they manufactured those batteries and sewed up the bag as well?

but hey let's just call it whatever we want, whatever makes us feel good.  if you get a drone box that says 2022/7 then it can't possibly have a drone inside that was built earlier in the year with the original sw still on it, right?

i go where the facts lead me....
2022-7-20
Use props
Sree
lvl.3
United States

The Saint Posted at 7-20 13:54
my mini 3 says 2022/5.

my fmk+ says 2022/6.  so is that the date they manufactured those batteries and sewed up the bag as well?

Agreed , Can some one read and find out whether its manufacturing date or packaged date?
2022-7-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 7-20 13:54
my mini 3 says 2022/5.

for electronics, it's normally a manufacturing date, but when you look at the FMK, that would just apply to the battery alone. then you look at the drone itself that has a battery too, I cannot see both the battery and the drone being made in the same month, it's possible but it won't always be so. So with that in mind, i ain't got a frigging clue now that you brought up the FMK, damn you!!
2022-7-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sree Posted at 7-20 14:36
Agreed , Can some one read and find out whether its manufacturing date or packaged date?

that's all i am asking is for us to be sure if we're going to call it that and run with it.  perhaps someone from dji can swing by and help us sort it out.  for the purposes of this forum, maybe the date is close enough for the things we want to "track" or talk about.  if this were the label on the drone itself, i would have no issues with it.
2022-7-20
Use props
Sree
lvl.3
United States

The Saint Posted at 7-20 18:45
that's all i am asking is for us to be sure if we're going to call it that and run with it.  perhaps someone from dji can swing by and help us sort it out.  for the purposes of this forum, maybe the date is close enough for the things we want to "track" or talk about.  if this were the label on the drone itself, i would have no issues with it.

Hope some one from DJI will lookinto this thread and answer this,
My Drone dated 5/22 still has the old model gimbal cover, curious to see it the later ones comes with new Gimbal covers or a new Screw driver
2022-7-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 7-20 18:36
for electronics, it's normally a manufacturing date, but when you look at the FMK, that would just apply to the battery alone. then you look at the drone itself that has a battery too, I cannot see both the battery and the drone being made in the same month, it's possible but it won't always be so. So with that in mind, i ain't got a frigging clue now that you brought up the FMK, damn you!!

yep the labels on the two boxes looks pretty identical so whatever date field they are using on one is likely the same on the other.
2022-7-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 7-20 18:45
that's all i am asking is for us to be sure if we're going to call it that and run with it.  perhaps someone from dji can swing by and help us sort it out.  for the purposes of this forum, maybe the date is close enough for the things we want to "track" or talk about.  if this were the label on the drone itself, i would have no issues with it.

I suppose you could say that for the brand new at least, that even if it was a packaging date, its more than likely the later drone, take mine for instance, mine is June 2022, which ties in nicely with the later v2 gimbal guard, also not seeing camera fogging issues, although that did seem hit and miss as to who gets it and who doesn't, still i deffo haven't seen it yet, other then the radar being a wee bit messed up, I've not ran into any issues as yet.
2022-7-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 7-20 18:54
yep the labels on the two boxes looks pretty identical so whatever date field they are using on one is likely the same on the other.

Agreed, hopefully, someone on the staff can help us with this one....
2022-7-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sree Posted at 7-20 09:42
Thank you for the update, I heard many of them are still getting May /22 batches still.

You're welcome.  
2022-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules