Overheating while recording?
588 8 2022-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

I made this vid today, and while i was filming i encountered dangerous behaviour of DJI / Iphone set for the first timeI tried some quickshots for the first time than i started putting attention on my "boat" and kids and left the drone just hovering.
Unfortunelly when i came back to flying the image of the screen wasing responding, it was glitching i wasnt sure if the aircraft stopped moving or its just video transmission. I was afraid the drone could start RTH  procedure beacause of no signal and i couldn't change Homepoint (i started it from moving boat) that was scary=)
The drone was about 100m from me and maybe 30-50m high. There was 30 C of temperature.

Could it be caused of overheating of Mini 2 while hovering? Or it could be just overheated iphone? How do you deal with this?
I returned the drone manually without using video screen, when i was back on the shore i found everyting was just working fine again (about 30 min later)

2022-7-20
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

anyone experienced problems like me?
KP = 3
2022-7-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got to say it sounds more like your iPhone overheated.  I've flown in hotter temperature while using mastershots, etc and the drone hasn't overheated while in flight.  I did have it overheat when I first got it and was updating firmware but since then I use a fan to keep it cool when not flying and using it to download video with no further overheating.  
2022-7-21
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

yes the telephone wa were hot , i was keeping it with my drone in the black bag its very important lesson for me
2022-7-21
Use props
Regsy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139281 ft
United Kingdom

Just judging by your recorded footage being OK I think its the phone Nice video.
2022-7-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

iPhones can overheat indeed.
2022-8-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain