Simulator program
672 8 2022-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hexter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86335 ft
United States

First of all, many thanks to the fellows helping with my first post a couple days go;  Good to find a responsive and helpful community.

Since my disability won't permit daily outside access to fly my mini 2, I've herd about computer simulation programs.  Now, I did try loading the Dji simulation app (Teial version), but was unable to get it working.  Even with a powerhouse windows pc. I kept getting dumped out.  Wonder if there are any programs y'all would suggest trying.

Again, thank you in advance for any help.

Rich
2022-7-21
Use props
wa.jesse07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4686545 ft
United States

Are you sure your pc has a dedicated GPU?
2022-7-21
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

IT  works fine for me
2022-7-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Rich. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Flight Simulator ( https://www.dji.com/simulator?site=brandsite&from=nav ) needs a computer with a 64-bit versions of Windows 10 system is required to run the program. To connect the remote controller to a computer, you will need a compatible DJI Remote Controller and a Micro-B to USB-A cable. In addition, I will post below the system requirements for running the DJI Flight Simulator. Thank you.

2022-7-21
Use props
Hexter
lvl.4
United States

wa.jesse07 Posted at 7-21 13:41
Are you sure your pc has a dedicated GPU?

Thx for reply.  It does have a GeForce card with 4GB memory.  The desktop has an I-7 intel chipset, 32 GB DDR4 memory and much more.  It was loaded to handle music production I do.     The Dji software freed the trial simulation version, but I come to the screen that asks me to install (which I already did).  Pull down menus for FAQ’s or Support offer no help to actually get the program running.   
      Perhaps there is a generic or other software brand known to work with Dji mini 2.   
A simulation program sound very intriguing.   Offering skill improvement without the risks involved in real flight.     Again, I appreciate any suggestions.   
2022-7-21
Use props
Hexter
lvl.4
United States

fateofangel Posted at 7-21 14:44
IT  works fine for me

Are you using the trial or paid version? And what model drone are you using?    Thank you
2022-7-21
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

Trail, i was using Mini
2022-7-22
Use props
johnnoP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1785 ft

United Kingdom

I couldn't get it to work with the mini 2
It looks like the mini 2 is not supported
2022-7-23
Use props
Hexter
lvl.4
United States

First of all, thanks to everyone who responded with help and suggestions.  I tend to perseverate, so I reloaded the entire simulation program again.  I was ‘wowed’ by the numerous options, even in the free trial mode.   I was hoping (Fantasizing actually) that one of the Mavic products would work.   On a 32” monitor the graphics were sensational, if only in a static mode .  I was briefly encouraged by the action on the screen by my keypad, but alas no go with any model.

Is the possibility of a firmware change with the Mini 2 a possibility at all?    I understand I entered the drone arena late and wasn’t aware of this type of training option.    If this option is definitely not possible, what would the next drone (price wise) be able to utilize this software.      I’d even consider a non-proprietary software program if it worked.   Again, thanks for all your help.  
2022-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules