Quick Shots forces 'Auto' camera settings, and leaves them on!
786 0 2022-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Mr6mCvMhQN2b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29101 ft
United Kingdom

Relatively new to DJI and drones, and was loving my mini 3 'pro'.  Still am really, but have hit a huge frustration - Quick Shots seems to force the camera into 'Auto' mode, (over-riding a few setings) and then leaves them there!

I thought this must be user-error but unless this has recently been changed, its seems like it's intended by DJI.

I mean, I tried out the moves and they're great actually - can see them being useful while a beginer and just for ease to get a feel of what can be done. But the resulant footage is horrible, with poor quality (D-Cinelike turned off), and flickering with horrible exposure changes.  This is probably the most stupid thing I've come across in technology for a while.

- I know &aposro' is mainly a marketing thing these days (and genreally if a device has 'pro' in the title, it isnt actually pro), so I know the mini 3 isn't really a pro tool and I'm OK with that - I bouhgt it for fun.  But come on, how &aposro' is forcing the camera settings into Auto?! Yes, by all means have that as an option for someone who's completely beginning and just wants a cool looking shot.  But let it be turned off in a single menu setting somewhere so people can use manual settigs if they chose - just like the stills and video has the options.

- And if this takes a little while to fix, at least do a quick update meanwhile, to return the unit to the same manual settings you had previously, once you've finsihed with that mode.

Seriously, I'm so disappointed.  I can't see how this footage could be at all useful, and I'm only using this drone for personal fun.
My main reason for having so much fun today though was finally feeling confident enough to try Sport mode after a few days in C and N.  Wow, can get some nice motion blur with the Freewell ND filter set too.  Even though I bought this more for photography, I really got into the flying for the sake of it!

(Of course if I've got this wrong, I'd love to hear what I need to set, and I will edit my rant!)

2022-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules