1169 23 2022-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AdiChi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73245 ft
Sweden

Hello!
Today I created a new video and when playing it, it shows little hiccups (short pauzes) almost every second. Does anyone have a suggestion what the cause might be?

Thnx!

2022-7-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you recorded in 24FPS and then edited in 25FPS?  I did that once and it led to the regular jump every second that you describe.
2022-7-25
Use props
AdiChi
lvl.2
Sweden

Blériot53 Posted at 7-25 10:15
Have you recorded in 24FPS and then edited in 25FPS?  I did that once and it led to the regular jump every second that you describe.

I recorded in both 30 FPS and 60 FPS, without editing.
2022-7-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

post the video it might help .
2022-7-25
Use props
AdiChi
lvl.2
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 7-25 10:21
post the video it might help .

Indeed, and I looked for that, but I cannot find a way to upload a MP4.
2022-7-25
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

RC or RCN1?
When I had my MIni 1, this would happen when I had too many apps open (not enough RAM) on my phone. Haven't had any issues with this one since I'm using a newer phone with 16gb RAM.
2022-7-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AdiChi Posted at 7-25 10:19
I recorded in both 30 FPS and 60 FPS, without editing.

OK, it was just a thought.
2022-7-25
Use props
AdiChi
lvl.2
Sweden

Beta5K Posted at 7-25 10:39
RC or RCN1?
When I had my MIni 1, this would happen when I had too many apps open (not enough RAM) on my phone. Haven't had any issues with this one since I'm using a newer phone with 16gb RAM.

YES! i just found out that when I play the video on my iPad it is fine. When I play it on my Windows PC it shows the little pauses. I think that might be because of the 4K recording too!
2022-7-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

AdiChi Posted at 7-25 10:26
Indeed, and I looked for that, but I cannot find a way to upload a MP4.

You need to post to you tube and post the link here.
2022-7-25
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

AdiChi Posted at 7-25 10:52
YES! i just found out that when I play the video on my iPad it is fine. When I play it on my Windows PC it shows the little pauses. I think that might be because of the 4K recording too!

Sounds like you need a new PC to go with your new drone ....
2022-7-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

YES! i just found out that when I play the video on my iPad it is fine. When I play it on my Windows PC it shows the little pauses. I think that might be because of the 4K recording too!

My guess is that the media player you're using on your PC is not up to the task of playing 4K videos. I find that with VLC player on my recent i7 PC, for example. Oddly, I get the best seamless play using the standard Microsoft Film & TV app. Try that if you haven't already.
2022-7-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I think that might be because of the 4K recording too!
The playback is affected but 4K might only be part of the issue.
4K at 60 fps is going to be more demanding of computer video resources than 4K 30fps.
SOme other video settings could also be having an effect (like h264 vs h265)
2022-7-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Could you please provide us with a sample video showing the issue for us to check here? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-7-25
Use props
AdiChi
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-25 21:14
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Could you please provide us with a sample video showing the issue for us to check here? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Here is a link to an example I uploaded in YouTube. As I found out, it is not the drone, but the capacity of my pc that is causing the "problem'.
2022-7-25
Use props
AdiChi
lvl.2
Sweden

Bodkins Best Photography Posted at 7-25 22:34
I'm seeing no stutter, pauses or anomalies (aside from really bad compression artifacts) in that video.

As said in my replies, the problem I thought I had only shows up when I use my pc to play the recording. Your reply is still interesting to me, being a newbie to drone filming. What are ‘compression artifacts’ and can you give me an example in my recording? And maybe a hint to how to prevent these?
2022-7-25
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

Goggles Pisano Posted at 7-25 11:22
Sounds like you need a new PC to go with your new drone ....

That is exactly my problem, too..... - But after buying the drone I need to refill my budget for buying a new PC :-)
2022-7-25
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

AdiChi Posted at 7-25 22:26
Here is a link to an example I uploaded in YouTube. As I found out, it is not the drone, but the capacity of my pc that is causing the "problem'. https://youtu.be/nzTms3vVrpY

That looks like a real nice landscape to do some filming.... - Keep flying and sharing
2022-7-25
Use props
AdiChi
lvl.2
Sweden

Bodkins Best Photography Posted at 7-25 23:15
A compression artifact is a noticeable distortion of media caused by the application of lossy compression during encoding.  It looks like the bitrate is very low.

My first question is did you edit this clip in any way before you uploaded to youtube?  What was the resolution when filming?  The fact that it is only available to stream in 1080p leads me to believe that you didn't upload a 4k clip, but even then 1080p shouldn't look that bad.

Thanks! This example was recorded 4K 30 FPS. I did no editing and just uploaded to YouTube from my iPad. I got no possibilities to influence the upload quality.  But the help says that it my take some processing time for YouTube before the filmed quality is available.o
2022-7-25
Use props
AdiChi
lvl.2
Sweden

Bodkins Best Photography Posted at 7-26 00:26
I've got one last hypothesis.  Can you confirm the video that you uploaded from your iPad was in fact 4k?  Since it's been 3 hours since you uploaded to youtube it generally doesn't take this long for a short clip to finish processing.  My guess is that the video you uploaded was in fact just the preview your drone sent to your tablet while flying and not the full 4k clip that is likely still on your drone's memory card.

Here is the video information. So I too don’t understand why YT hasn’t updated to that quality.
2022-7-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AdiChi Posted at 7-25 22:26
Here is a link to an example I uploaded in YouTube. As I found out, it is not the drone, but the capacity of my pc that is causing the "problem'. https://youtu.be/nzTms3vVrpY

Thank you for keeping us posted. Can you play this video on a different PC or use a different player instead? I haven't noticed any issues on the video as I checked it here on my end. Thank you
2022-7-29
Use props
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you recorded in 4K60 and used H.265, I suspect you need a newer PC.  As a test, try recording a short video clip in 4K30 using H.264 and see if it play backs OK.  If so, it's new PC time!
2022-7-29
Use props
AdiChi
lvl.2
Sweden

K9JDN Posted at 7-29 06:01
If you recorded in 4K60 and used H.265, I suspect you need a newer PC.  As a test, try recording a short video clip in 4K30 using H.264 and see if it play backs OK.  If so, it's new PC time!

Thanks for your suggestion. In the meantime, I found out that when I use the Film & TV app from Windows the video plays well. So, Windows Media Player was the cause of the hicups.
2022-7-29
Use props
AdiChi
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-29 05:41
Thank you for keeping us posted. Can you play this video on a different PC or use a different player instead? I haven't noticed any issues on the video as I checked it here on my end. Thank you

Thank YOU for continuing to support my question. I now know that Windows Media Player was causing the hiccups. With MS Film & TV app the video plays as it should!
2022-7-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AdiChi Posted at 7-29 11:04
Thank YOU for continuing to support my question. I now know that Windows Media Player was causing the hiccups. With MS Film & TV app the video plays as it should!

Thank you for your response. We're glad that you have already managed to isolate the issue that you experienced. Please let us know if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
2022-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules