DJI mini 3 Fly more combo
1041 8 2022-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fpb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192379 ft
United States

Is there any disadvantages between the bigger capacity batteries vs the small ones? Just thinking on weight restrictions, etc… any feedback?

I’m about to order the fly more combo but just wanted to do some research first.
2022-7-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I guess you're aware that the extra weight of the larger-capacity batteries increases the take-off weight to above 250g, and changes the drone category?  But they do, apparently, give an extra ten minutes or so of flight time.
2022-7-29
Use props
fpb
lvl.2
United States

Yes, I am aware of the extra weight, I decided to buy the small batteries to avoid any restriction...
2022-7-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there fpb. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. Just a reminder that with the DJI Mini 3 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery Plus ( https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... flight-battery-plus ), the DJI Drone will weigh more than 249 g ( about 290 g ). Please check and strictly abide by local laws and regulations before flying to avoid any unwanted incident. Thank you.
2022-7-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are located in the US there are no restrictions imposed by using the extended batteries.  I average about 11 minutes more flying time with them over the standard battery.  Comes in handy to have the extra time when doing hyperlapses.   
2022-7-30
Use props
fpb
lvl.2
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-30 04:41
If you are located in the US there are no restrictions imposed by using the extended batteries.  I average about 11 minutes more flying time with them over the standard battery.  Comes in handy to have the extra time when doing hyperlapses.

Good info, I ordered the standard package but I’m still thinking on switching it to the Plus, I like the extra time but just wondering if the App will limit the areas where I can flight it without needing to request permission. Yes, I’m in the US.
2022-7-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

fpb Posted at 7-30 06:03
Good info, I ordered the standard package but I’m still thinking on switching it to the Plus, I like the extra time but just wondering if the App will limit the areas where I can flight it without needing to request permission. Yes, I’m in the US.

you need to take the TRUST test.

in america, there are no restrictions on where different types of drones (based on size) can fly.
2022-7-30
Use props
gregh2000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250217 ft
United States

The app doesn't limit you differently based on the battery in the US like Saint said the rules are the same.  Just over 250 you have to register it but the extra run time is great.
2022-7-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

fpb Posted at 7-30 06:03
Good info, I ordered the standard package but I’m still thinking on switching it to the Plus, I like the extra time but just wondering if the App will limit the areas where I can flight it without needing to request permission. Yes, I’m in the US.

The App doesn't limit flying areas based on battery size.  If you get a chance I think you will be more happy with the extended batteries.  Still, your call either way.
2022-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules