16065 194 2022-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IlidioM3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105243 ft
Portugal

Hello,

On the third fly of my new drone DJI Mini 3 Pro I just lost connection of the drone after taking a picture, I waited minutes so it comes together and nothing, I tried to powering off and powering on the RC, but with no succes of connecting to the drone, the drone itself came down a bit and just was flying over a tree, and then lost battery and dropped breaking a propeller and cracked the gimble.

Regarda
2022-7-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there IlidioM3. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mini 3 Pro and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened to your DJI Mini 3 Pro. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-7-30
Use props
djiuser_FKvLfYX0EIiG
lvl.1

Poland

Hi,

I had the same issue, and also while taking a photo - connection has been lost, drone crashed into trees. Connection did not back even though i was really close. I restarted controller several times without any effect. During crash front hinge damaged. I repaired it using a super glue as i really needed to take the video that day ( i had a paid order). Now the question is - why it disconnects during taking a picture and why connection is not being reverted?
Will warranty work in case i glued front axis?

Best regards,
Grzegorz
2022-8-10
Use props
IlidioM3
lvl.1
Germany

djiuser_FKvLfYX0EIiG Posted at 8-10 03:38
Hi,

I had the same issue, and also while taking a photo - connection has been lost, drone crashed into trees. Connection did not back even though i was really close. I restarted controller several times without any effect. During crash front hinge damaged. I repaired it using a super glue as i really needed to take the video that day ( i had a paid order). Now the question is - why it disconnects during taking a picture and why connection is not being reverted?

Hi Grzegorz,

Looks like there is something bugy when taking a picture, I tought I was the only one with this kind of problem. Mine is gonna be collected today and DJI will analyse what happen, talk to them on chat and they can manage the same thing. Hope they can fix mine without any charges and yours too.

Regards
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_FKvLfYX0EIiG
lvl.1

Poland

IlidioM3 Posted at 8-10 04:06
Hi Grzegorz,

Looks like there is something bugy when taking a picture, I tought I was the only one with this kind of problem. Mine is gonna be collected today and DJI will analyse what happen, talk to them on chat and they can manage the same thing. Hope they can fix mine without any charges and yours too.

Hello,

Did you send drone alone or with controller?
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_2CD6xiEhEHDc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115177 ft
Brazil

IlidioM3 Posted at 8-10 04:06
Hi Grzegorz,

Looks like there is something bugy when taking a picture, I tought I was the only one with this kind of problem. Mine is gonna be collected today and DJI will analyse what happen, talk to them on chat and they can manage the same thing. Hope they can fix mine without any charges and yours too.

Hello, in this case the return home function does not work after disconnecting?  You've enabled it.
2022-8-10
Use props
IlidioM3
lvl.1
Germany

djiuser_FKvLfYX0EIiG Posted at 8-10 04:11
Hello,

Did you send drone alone or with controller?

With everyting, we never know if the problem is in the RC. Which RC do you have? The one with a screen?

2022-8-10
Use props
IlidioM3
lvl.1
Germany

djiuser_2CD6xiEhEHDc Posted at 8-10 05:28
Hello, in this case the return home function does not work after disconnecting?  You've enabled it.

I think he tried to come home, but when he detect the obstacle (tree) underneath, he stopped there.
2022-8-10
Use props
venturafvj
lvl.4
Brazil

IlidioM3 Posted at 8-10 05:50
With everyting, we never know if the problem is in the RC. Which RC do you have? The one with a screen?

Yes, mine is with screen. I've captured photos during the flight and this never happened, the detail is that he was close to me. I didn't capture photos over long distances, but now I'm worried.
2022-8-10
Use props
IlidioM3
lvl.1
Germany

venturafvj Posted at 8-10 05:59
Yes, mine is with screen. I've captured photos during the flight and this never happened, the detail is that he was close to me. I didn't capture photos over long distances, but now I'm worried.

Mine was close too, like 25 meters, didn't understand the reason why that happen, maybe DJI will see that mini 3 pro or the RC has some kind of problem. With my air2s never had a problem, and I already fly it with a altiture of 500 meters and 4 kilometers away..
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_FKvLfYX0EIiG
lvl.1

Poland

Mine is also with the screen. When connection had been lost I still had control  for couple of seconds. When I completely lost control drone started RH procedure...  Distance was very close - about 50m from drone...  The problem is that drone did not back exactly to the starting point but ~ 5-10 m nearby and hanged above trees. When battery was empty just landed... and crashed.
2022-8-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please upload your flight log to this link and then post the link here when its finished, then some of us can look it over to see what may have been the issue
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/
2022-8-10
Use props
makla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152382 ft
Germany

I just had that very same experience on my very first flight with the Mini 3 Pro ... Lifted off, everything normal, flew around for like 5-10 minutes, took some videos , switched to taking some photos and then:

- Screen turned greyish and image froze
- for approx. 30s I could still send control signals that the drone realised
- After these 30s the drone did some random stuff that resulted in Return Home... well.... almost home... it rather resulted in "hovering right over a tree due to obstacle avoidance"
- I had to span a blanket and wait for a random amount of time (approx 20 minutes) until the battery was fully drained and the Mini 3 Pro crashed (fortunately into my blanket)

During these 20 Minutens I tried everything from restarting everything, reconnecting / pairing and even tried to call customer support (yes, out of office hours). By no means the remote was able to establish ANY kind of connection again after the initial loss of control. During these dreadful 20 minutes I was only 10m away from the drone (vertically, of course ...)

This really is a ... first experience with a new "better" model I flew the Mini 1 for 2 years now, with not a single problem ever and now this bad stuff on the very first flight.

Did you get any further information by now? :/

EDIT: I did check the flight-log and I found, that at the time where the problem started, the log shows a warning 'GPS signal weak. Switeched to Attitude mode. Aircraft unable to hover. Fly with caution' , despite of having lock on 30 satellites. I do see NO reason for that as weather was very good, the area is extremely open (above fields). I attached a screenshot of this particular log-part.

20220905_180852.jpg
Screenshot 2022-09-05 203210.png
2022-9-5
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

IlidioM3 Posted at 8-10 06:11
Mine was close too, like 25 meters, didn't understand the reason why that happen, maybe DJI will see that mini 3 pro or the RC has some kind of problem. With my air2s never had a problem, and I already fly it with a altiture of 500 meters and 4 kilometers away..

500 meter height? Nothing like following the rules....
2022-9-5
Use props
makla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152382 ft
Germany

djiuser_FKvLfYX0EIiG Posted at 8-10 12:51
Mine is also with the screen. When connection had been lost I still had control  for couple of seconds. When I completely lost control drone started RH procedure...  Distance was very close - about 50m from drone...  The problem is that drone did not back exactly to the starting point but ~ 5-10 m nearby and hanged above trees. When battery was empty just landed... and crashed.

As I did have EXACTLY your experience, too, may I ask whether you have new information about this bug? (Because to me this can hardly be a pilot-fault)
2022-9-8
Use props
fans93b3d6ff
New
Flight distance : 97438 ft
United States

Same happened to me.
About 30 feet away, took picture. Screen froze. Drone returned home and hovered. No way to reconnect the remote.
2022-9-9
Use props
IlidioM3
lvl.1
Portugal

Almost a month later I received a new drone (just the drone, not everything), and it wasn’t easy.. they always blame me for what happen, that I didn’t see the battery level or I flied in a improper flight environment.
I told them that more people was having the same problem, and they didn’t care.. you guys should all open the case telling the same problem, hopping they can see this is a real problem with the drone and fix it!
And I think I only received a new drone because they made a wrong analysis telling me first the battery level was at 49% and after 9%..
Hope you guys can have better luck than me and get a new drone right away.
Update your cases here.
2022-9-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Be interesting to see one of your flightlogs for this issue, was the OA set to bypass or stop, i suspect stop, hence it stopped, this in no way makes the issue any different other than it would have bypassed the tree and kept on coming to the homepoint, but the actual issue of the disconnect and not able to reconnect again is the main issue. If you want to know more about it, we need to see your flightlog of the incident, from all of you, so as per post #13

Please upload your flight log to this link and then post the link here when its finished, then some of us can look it over to see what may have been the issue
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/
2022-9-9
Use props
IlidioM3
lvl.1
Portugal

Everyone that is having this issue, what RC are you using? The normal one or the one with the screen?
2022-9-12
Use props
Mohith
New

India

Hey,
I am using the RC with the screen, exactly same issue as mentioned in the thread !
Last point distance from home : 200 m
Altitude : 76 m
No interference, all of a sudden lost connection with RC.
Tries performing RTH stops above a tree and instead of heading home comes crashing down
Was unable to connect to the drone!

Last entry in flight log stops at 76 m altitude, no record of descending.
2022-9-12
Use props
fansb47e33c5
New
Flight distance : 91841 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi guys this happened to me too. I was taking  a 48mp when my screen goes completely grey. No link recovery I waited about 5 minutes nothing. I tried restarting the DJI RC controller didn’t work. I ended up assuming it crashed so I spent an hour and a half trying to find my drone from the find my drone feature. That wasn’t working either no link recovery to make the drone beep. I was all muddy and wet searching the field and after sometime gave up because I had DJI care and it didn’t seem like I was going to find my drone again.  When I was walking back to my vehicle my drone had landed to the home point. There was no damage to the drone but maybe my heart had probably taken some abuse. Good practice I always make sure the drone can make it home without any obstacles in the way. But anyway this is definitely a bug. I just updated my firmware today. I’m hopeful DJI has a fix for this bug.
2022-9-19
Use props
fansb47e33c5
New
  • >>>
Canada

2022-9-19
Use props
fans3324acaa
lvl.4
Brazil

fansb47e33c5 Posted at 9-19 13:56
Hi guys this happened to me too. I was talking a 48mp when my screen goes completely grey. No link recovery I waited about 5 minutes nothing. I tried restarting the DJI RC controller didn’t work. I ended up assuming it crashed so I spent an hour and a half trying to find my drone from the find my drone feature. That wasn’t working either no link recovery to make the drone beep. I was all muddy and wet searching the field and after sometime gave up because I had DJI care and it didn’t seem like I was going to find my drone again.  When I was walking back to my vehicle my drone had landed to the home point. There was no damage to the drone but maybe my heart had probably taken some abuse. Good practice I always make sure the drone can make it home without any obstacles in the way. But anyway this is definitely a bug. I just updated my firmware today. I’m hopeful DJI has a fix for this bug.

Hi, what is the firmware version of the drone and controller when the problem occurred?  I'm not really in the mood for a scare like that.
2022-9-19
Use props
fansb47e33c5
New
  • >>>
Canada

fans3324acaa Posted at 9-19 14:32
Hi, what is the firmware version of the drone and controller when the problem occurred?  I'm not really in the mood for a scare like that.

Hi there it was the previous one before the latest. I’m hoping the new firmware fixes this bug.
2022-9-19
Use props
Dj_DooM3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22707 ft
Cyprus

Okay, guys. The same thing happened to me today. I was taking 48MP photos. I took one and it was good, I took the second one and I started to see video transmission lags and when I took the third photo, all went grey, and I lost vision. I realized I was still connected to the craft and immediately hit the return home button. after 10 seconds I lost connection with the craft. I tried everything, including resetting RC (With Screen) but no luck. After 3 minutes I saw the drone is descending for auto landing. it was next to me and never gained connection again. After a safe landing, I restart the aircraft and connected again. I don't think this is a controller problem. I think the problem is in the aircraft. If it was only me, then I would think it's a hardware issue, after seeing all these comments it makes me think it is buggy firmware. it is really dangerous. And now I am thinking the cause might be the overheating of the aircraft. when you took 48mp photos it drains more power to process them. I hope Dji fixes this immediately. this is absolutely a firmware bug.
2022-9-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dj_DooM3 Posted at 9-26 00:35
Okay, guys. The same thing happened to me today. I was taking 48MP photos. I took one and it was good, I took the second one and I started to see video transmission lags and when I took the third photo, all went grey, and I lost vision. I realized I was still connected to the craft and immediately hit the return home button. after 10 seconds I lost connection with the craft. I tried everything, including resetting RC (With Screen) but no luck. After 3 minutes I saw the drone is descending for auto landing. it was next to me and never gained connection again. After a safe landing, I restart the aircraft and connected again. I don't think this is a controller problem. I think the problem is in the aircraft. If it was only me, then I would think it's a hardware issue, after seeing all these comments it makes me think it is buggy firmware. it is really dangerous. And now I am thinking the cause might be the overheating of the aircraft. when you took 48mp photos it drains more power to process them. I hope Dji fixes this immediately. this is absolutely a firmware bug.

Hiya,

If you like upload the log for this issue.

use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the uploaded link on here.

Logs might explain, seeing the warnings ect, what happend.

cheers
JJB
2022-9-26
Use props
Dj_DooM3
lvl.1
Cyprus

JJB* Posted at 9-26 02:03
Hiya,

If you like upload the log for this issue.

I am trying to upload it. it's 1.2GB. I checked the flight log in the controller after I took the third 48MP photo it says the connection was lost. and no record of its auto RTH. According to the flight log, it disappeared mid-air where I took the photo.
2022-9-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dj_DooM3 Posted at 9-26 02:12
I am trying to upload it. it's 1.2GB. I checked the flight log in the controller after I took the third 48MP photo it says the connection was lost. and no record of its auto RTH. According to the flight log, it disappeared mid-air where I took the photo.

Hi,

Flightlog is a *.txt file, guess that file is not 1.2 GB .

cheers
JJB
2022-9-26
Use props
Dj_DooM3
lvl.1
Cyprus

it exported .DAT file
2022-9-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dj_DooM3 Posted at 9-26 02:54
it exported .DAT file

oke, but the link post #29 needs your flightlog.txt.

format like this > DJIFlightRecord_2020-07-18_[18-28-19].txt

cheers
JJB
2022-9-26
Use props
Andreja
lvl.4
Flight distance : 864961 ft
Germany

Dj_DooM3 Posted at 9-26 02:54
it exported .DAT file

The file you need is not the .DAT file which you get from the DJI Assistant.
Instead, there should be .txt files. I have the DJI RC, and they're in the root directory of the internal storage, just when you open the device. File name will be something like: DJIFlightRecord_2022-09-02_[17-37-10].txt
2022-9-26
Use props
Marco F
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32254 ft
Germany

Had the same ugly experience today. RC said "ATTI Mode", then the screen went black and white and RC lost connection. I was still able to fly for some seconds and gladly returned the drone without any damage.
Here is my log. Happened at about 6m 41s

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/12EN1ISF00DJ08C6LX1Y/

Version was the .300 (just updated to 450)
2022-10-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Marco F Posted at 10-4 10:02
Had the same ugly experience today. RC said "ATTI Mode", then the screen went black and white and RC lost connection. I was still able to fly for some seconds and gladly returned the drone without any damage.
Here is my log. Happened at about 6m 41s

Hi,

At 6m41.6 ATTI mode in the log, but only for 0.2 seconds.
After this again in N-mode, in full RC control.
GPS # sats and reception were oke during the flight, guess 0.2 was too short to write other values for GPS in the log.

warning :   GPS-Signal schwach. Wechsel in den ATTI-Modus. Flugger. Vorsichtig fliegen..
  Kompass oder GPS-Signal schwach. In ATTI-Modus gewechselt.. ATTI-Modus. Stabiles Schweben nicht m. Bitte vorsichtig fliegen. . Vorsichtig fliegen

My guess is a compass fail, if compass is failed DJI drones will disable the use of GPS and goes into ATTI mode.
But in the log no compass and gps errors in their columns, so must be a weird spurious ATTI error.

Have no idea why the screen went black.white.....

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2022-10-4
Use props
Marco F
lvl.1
Germany

JJB* Posted at 10-4 12:00
Hi,

At 6m41.6 ATTI mode in the log, but only for 0.2 seconds.
[Image]
I had no connection to the drone after 6:41. Had to restart the drone to get a connection.
2022-10-4
Use props
Spectral
lvl.2
Flight distance : 887874 ft
Canada

This happened to me yesterday except that after a short time, the drone reconnected.  I took a 48Mp picture, the screen went to a black and white picture, and all the parameters went to n/a.  After a short panic, it regained control and I was able to continue.  This happened twice in two flights on the same day.  I will test it out again tomorrow (and make sure my RTH location is open and clear!)

Don
2022-10-4
Use props
tamirda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34226 ft
Israel

Hi,
I had the same experienced and the drone crashed.
I made a case to DJI, hope they will help and replace the drone...
Here is the log and some pictures:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/6LGGKLLWJ370JA5N40UF/

2022-10-5
Use props
Spectral
lvl.2
Flight distance : 887874 ft
Canada

Spectral Posted at 10-4 21:41
This happened to me yesterday except that after a short time, the drone reconnected.  I took a 48Mp picture, the screen went to a black and white picture, and all the parameters went to n/a.  After a short panic, it regained control and I was able to continue.  This happened twice in two flights on the same day.  I will test it out again tomorrow (and make sure my RTH location is open and clear!)

Don

As a follow up, I was out droning today and did not have any grey-out freezes like 2 days ago.  

However, I did upload the flight log and have a look and there is a 26 second gap in data between 16m 50.9 seconds and 17m 16.3 seconds in the flight log where the freeze up happened.  Before the freeze up, everything was normal, and after the gap, the drone is doing a RTH.  I had attempted to do a 48Mp picture just when it froze so there is something going on there.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/6JOIJTNLHB9PII7B38W3

Can't say what this means, but it is a bit disturbing.

I also had a video freeze problem today, which is detailed in another thread.

Don
2022-10-5
Use props
Marco F
lvl.1
Germany

All of us were taking 48Mp pics when it happened. So there must be a bug.
2022-10-7
Use props
leovilela
lvl.1
Flight distance : 767241 ft
Brazil

Exact the same thing happened to me today while flying my mini 3 pro. Taking 48mp picture, then screen turns grey and get frozen, no way to get signal back. It does return to home point, but it ends up 2 meters away and eventually hits the wall sideways. Propellers are broken. Hopefully no additional damage.
2022-10-8
Use props
leovilela
lvl.1
Flight distance : 767241 ft
Brazil

For anyone interested, this is my flight record
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1llVUOdJAaeatQhpygNEZCcDfqB53f7KN/view?usp=sharing
2022-10-8
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules