Mini 3 Pro - Possible infra red sensor bleed in video?
1938 6 2022-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_OjCVQpCOIuUX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623009 ft
Canada

i was out tonight flying my M3P by the river at sunset time and was testing out some of the tracking features...

as i played back the 4k video (on my 1080p tv) i noticed that theres was this "artificial" white light flashing around the video as if it was eminating from the drone...

could it be in such low light conditions that the reflected lights from thre infrared sensor on the bottom of the drone is being picked up by the camera?..if so, this could affect some important footage - luckily this was only a test ;)

will try to figure out how to updload a video somewhere and as post a link to it but just thought to get this thread started to see if anyone else has come across this phenomenon...
2022-7-30
Use props
DreamWorks
lvl.2

Netherlands

Its easy to test but you may not want to, tape up the bottom sensors
2022-7-30
Use props
djiuser_OjCVQpCOIuUX
lvl.2
Canada

just tried it on some other computer monitors and the "white light" doesn't happen on them so it would be the TV that's having issues --perhaps a contrast and/or refresh rate incompatibility...

so, problem solved i guess...

thanks for your input...
2022-7-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the issue for us to be able to see and can assist. Please try to upload the video to a video hosting site like SkyPixel or YouTube, then just put the link here at DJI Forum and the video will embed. Thank you.
2022-7-30
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We're gonna need to see a video of this before we can give you any help
2022-7-30
Use props
djiuser_OjCVQpCOIuUX
lvl.2
Canada

@DJI Stephen and CloudVisual, thanks for reaching out.

Note that the issues seems to be with my large screen TV and not my computer monitors so it appears not to have been generated by the M3P.

With that, I don't believe linking to an uploaded video will be required as there's nothing wrong with the video file itself.

Therefore, please consider this thread  as solved.

Many thanks to all for your responses.
2022-7-31
Use props
djiuser_OjCVQpCOIuUX
lvl.2
Canada

just a follow up, it turns out that it was a sharpening setting on the TV...if it's set too high, a white outline appears at the border between high contrast light/dark borders...that caused this "light" effect to happen on the screen...
2022-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules