Mini 3 System Time Wrong
9282 31 2022-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leftofdead
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82169 ft
United States

For three days I've flown my new Mini 3 and the file times have been correct. Then, on July 30th, the day changed to July 28th. I didn't realize it until I downloaded my footage. This seems like a pretty serious issue. I was able to fix the system clock by signing onto my home wifi connection, but again, this should not have happened

2022-7-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It has nothing to do with the drone.
Look at your phone or tablet to find what's going wrong.
2022-7-31
Use props
leftofdead
lvl.1
United States

Sorry, this was a pretty poor description. I'm Using the DJI RC remote with the mini 3. It was the time on the remote that created the issue. The remote had the proper time for a week, and then on the 30th, the time had rolled back approximately 52 hours. As soon as the remote was reconnected to the internet, it synced with the time server and fixed the issue. I'm not sure how long the wifi had been turned off, but I can't imagine how that would account for this amount of time drift.

On a side note, I'd like to understand the state machine behind the wifi connection for the DJI RC. I assume it automatically shuts off to conserve power.
2022-7-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there leftofdead. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I will forward these matter and information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-7-31
Use props
jefish
lvl.3
United States

All of my times were always wrong. I changed the date/time and timezone settings on the RC from Network to Manual. I think the RC gets its time/date/timezone info from GPS, which never locked on to satellites, and defaults to Beijing.
2022-7-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

leftofdead Posted at 7-31 17:08
Sorry, this was a pretty poor description. I'm Using the DJI RC remote with the mini 3. It was the time on the remote that created the issue. The remote had the proper time for a week, and then on the 30th, the time had rolled back approximately 52 hours. As soon as the remote was reconnected to the internet, it synced with the time server and fixed the issue. I'm not sure how long the wifi had been turned off, but I can't imagine how that would account for this amount of time drift.

On a side note, I'd like to understand the state machine behind the wifi connection for the DJI RC. I assume it automatically shuts off to conserve power.

Every time you take off it will turn off the wifi and bluetooth to avoid interference,  sadly it doesn't turn it back on when it lands.  
2022-7-31
Use props
DreamWorks
lvl.2

Germany

DAFlys Posted at 7-31 22:42
Every time you take off it will turn off the wifi and bluetooth to avoid interference,  sadly it doesn't turn it back on when it lands.

That's crazy, what about the hotspot, this should be a user setting, I don't want the wifi off and it makes no difference on or off anyway
2022-8-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DreamWorks Posted at 8-1 01:04
That's crazy, what about the hotspot, this should be a user setting, I don't want the wifi off and it makes no difference on or off anyway

Seems it was a knee jerk reaction to a lot of YouTubers saying it fixed the range issues.  It really should be a setting so you can choose.  
2022-8-1
Use props
DreamWorks
lvl.2

Germany

DAFlys Posted at 8-1 02:20
Seems it was a knee jerk reaction to a lot of YouTubers saying it fixed the range issues.  It really should be a setting so you can choose.

Yes, i agree 100%
2022-8-1
Use props
leftofdead
lvl.1
United States

A setting for WIFI in the RC remote might have all three (or more) choices):
1) Turn off, stay off
2) Turn off, return to previous state on landing
3) Stay on

Regardless, there's still an underlying issue with the clock. I'm not sure if the following is related, but when the remote is connected to WIFI and not connected to the drone, it reports a location in the  Atlantic Ocean south of the Ivory Coast. I had dismissed this as an inconsequential quirk and moved on to flying, but that's something that should probably be addressed too.
2022-8-1
Use props
IThrelkeld
lvl.1
Flight distance : 486007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have just had the same issue, today with a mini 3.
Halfway through shooting a video, the date changed and as a result, the drone lost connection with the remote.
It thankfully returned and landed safely close to the home point.
On checking afterwards, I found that for the images and video up to the point above, they were date stamped as the 9/8/22!!!   Which is two days out as I was shooting on 11/8/22.
At the point where the date changed mid flight, and for all subsequent stills and video, they were date stamped 8/8/22!!! Another day back in time.
This is a serious issue, because I was filming a swimming pool, and had limited safe space to launch, so the inability to manually take control of the landing could have resulted in a disastrous landing.
2022-8-11
Use props
VoidT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15141 ft
Poland

I had the same issue yesterday, Mini 3 Pro, DJI remote (the one with the screen). First flight - date and time ok 2022-09-24 16:05. Second flight: 2022-09-23 20:03 - off by 1 day! And it was 18:03 actually.
2022-9-25
Use props
mart_drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Me too, RC randomly lost 12 hours.
2022-9-25
Use props
Drone Sketcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122241 ft
United States

Time went backward 3 hours for me.  Never found out why.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=270677
2022-9-25
Use props
leftofdead
lvl.1
United States

Yeah, I haven't heard anything on this issue since my original post. The good news is that is has not happened again. Has anyone seen this as a reoccurring problem?
2022-9-25
Use props
YouDrone LV
lvl.1

United States

Mine is 3 hours, and a few minutes early.

How to fix?
2022-10-12
Use props
leftofdead
lvl.1
United States

YouDrone LV Posted at 10-12 06:27
Mine is 3 hours, and a few minutes early.

How to fix?

With the DJI RC, I just connected to the internet via wifi and the clock synced with a remote time server
2022-10-12
Use props
leftofdead
lvl.1
United States

So this happened again today. I see there's some new firmware available....
2022-10-15
Use props
FrostyCan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 727841 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just today I ran into this issue for the first time.  I flew my Mini 3 Pro like normal after hotspotting my iPhone to have map data.

Just now when I tried to download photos, it looked like none of the photos had been saved.  Because I download photos sorted by date, it took a while to figure out that the photos I shot today (December 1) were wrongly dated November 25.

What's up with this DJI?
2022-12-1
Use props
djiuser_4OyoswBfcjNw
New
Flight distance : 86263 ft
United States

this just happened to me yesterday, I was scared at first thinking I lost all my footage since there was no timestamp that was recorded today, but to my surprise, all my shots were dated 1 month ago. Seems like everytime there's a new firmware update, screws things up.
2023-1-13
Use props
Canicula
lvl.1
Flight distance : 270184 ft
Germany

Same for me: 6 hours behind, DJI Mini 3 Pro, latest FW
2023-1-18
Use props
Outflyin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 764590 ft
United States

I just noticed this on my DJI RC that the screen recording date was tomorrow.  I turned off all the network settings and set the time zone, date and time manually.
2023-1-21
Use props
djiuser_fgLgCFiQlP6b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1230 ft
United States

I am having the same trouble, dates on screen recording are off by at least one day. Makes it hard to sync them up for editing.
2023-2-13
Use props
fansa78b5913
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263537 ft
Canada

djiuser_fgLgCFiQlP6b Posted at 2-13 04:29
I am having the same trouble, dates on screen recording are off by at least one day. Makes it hard to sync them up for editing.

I believe the time and/or date problems are always solved by connecting the controller to the internet.
2023-2-13
Use props
roelandjansen
lvl.1

Netherlands

I also found this a few days ago that the day was one off.

Now, I do understand time/date stuff but to be honest, it's connsidered a bug.

If I leave a system off the net, or doesn't even have a network connection, it will in a month be a short amount of time off, not days.

So yes the work-around is nice but it shouldn't be happening. (the date itself jumping is the issue for me which is not being in the GPS data that I know of)
2023-3-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

roelandjansen Posted at 3-12 03:04
I also found this a few days ago that the day was one off.

Now, I do understand time/date stuff but to be honest, it's connsidered a bug.

uh  one day short  is one day short the next days....month...

A bug, wow   who is not connecting the RC to the net to upload the map of the area to fly...
or connect to a pc to xfer files or....so just a minor problem.

Many more issues for DJI to solve or add to the FlyApp. (waypoints, adjustable max speed, HP  to RC soft button, cruise control...)

cheers
JJB
2023-3-12
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

I also had a time problem today. Remote DJI RC.
My time offset is GMT+6
1) Made two shots in one place (i.e. two batteries), turned off all the equipment.
2) Came home, put everything on charge. I copied the files from the memory card, the date and time are correct. Didn't connect to the Internet!
3) Then I went to another place, took a picture in a new place (the third battery).
4) Returned home. Copied the files.
5) The files have the correct date, but the time was 5 hours less.
6) Turned on the RC remote, it also has 5 hours less.
7) Connected the remote control to WiFi - the time was corrected to the correct one.
Instead of 17 o'clock it was 12 o'clock
Screen 2023-03-22 182116.png

2023-3-22
Use props
djiuser_Rae0AsYOSZU7
lvl.1

United Kingdom

jefish Posted at 2022-7-31 22:04
All of my times were always wrong. I changed the date/time and timezone settings on the RC from Network to Manual. I think the RC gets its time/date/timezone info from GPS, which never locked on to satellites, and defaults to Beijing.

This is the most logical explanation and this does seem to happen if I turn my Drone on Indoors without signal then later take it out without connecting to a signal first. Nice detective work here. Late to the party but had this issue myself.
2023-11-18
Use props
craigbest1971
lvl.1

Australia

I've been having a similar issue I have the DJI RC controller on my Mini 3 Pro and yesterday I took it up for a short flight to get some sunset shots. After I noticed the time was about 10 minutes behind, last i used it was 3 weeks ago, it has not lost power in that time. Only reason I saw it was out was i took a photo with my phone and it was in the wrong order. I reset the time on the controller and will probably do a quick check or test flight today to see if its okay.
2023-12-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

craigbest1971@yahoo.com.au Posted at 12-2 11:56
I've been having a similar issue I have the DJI RC controller on my Mini 3 Pro and yesterday I took it up for a short flight to get some sunset shots. After I noticed the time was about 10 minutes behind, last i used it was 3 weeks ago, it has not lost power in that time. Only reason I saw it was out was i took a photo with my phone and it was in the wrong order. I reset the time on the controller and will probably do a quick check or test flight today to see if its okay.

Hi, craigbest1971. Sorry about the inconvenience. When enabling the "Use network-provided time" and "Use network-provided time zone" options, DJI RC obtains the network and switches to the local Date and time zone automatically. When disabling the "Use network-provided time" and "Use network-provided time zone" options, in this case, users can set the correct Date and time zone manually. Have a great day.
2023-12-2
Use props
craigbest1971
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 12-2 20:56
Hi, craigbest1971. Sorry about the inconvenience. When enabling the "Use network-provided time" and "Use network-provided time zone" options, DJI RC obtains the network and switches to the local Date and time zone automatically. When disabling the "Use network-provided time" and "Use network-provided time zone" options, in this case, users can set the correct Date and time zone manually. Have a great day.

Yes I know these options but I have them set with the time I want, and just this week I used it after a week or so and after realised the date and time has slipped it was 13 days, 10 hours and 11 minutes out, it has not lost power and was correct the last time I used it.

I'll check again before I use it next, also will check the software for any updates.
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

craigbest1971@yahoo.com.au Posted at 12-26 23:20
Yes I know these options but I have them set with the time I want, and just this week I used it after a week or so and after realised the date and time has slipped it was 13 days, 10 hours and 11 minutes out, it has not lost power and was correct the last time I used it.

I'll check again before I use it next, also will check the software for any updates.

Hello. I see. Please keep us posted if the issue persists. Have a great day ahead.
2023-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules