12Next >
3198 59 2015-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

just updated fw from 126to latest released 138 yesterday. My p3a was solid, perfect.
Now since yesterday I get disconnected on the new "dji go" app. The p3a is still connected fine to rc but I have no functions in the app, so if I am far I just hit rth and if near I just bring it back, no real panic, BS!!
Is anyone else having this exact issue?
All txt files after update say successful.
2015-8-5
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

What mobile device are you using?
2015-8-5
Use props
dansonamission
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469508 ft
United Kingdom

Mine says disconnected every time i power it up now. I have to unplug the phone and plug it back in again.
iPhone 6 +
2015-8-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I got a Disconnected error Message, once. I had the app running and Phantom turned on,
But knucklehead, forgot to turn on the RC!! That can't happen twice. Lucky it didn't start up and fly away... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-8-5
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-8-6 02:19
What mobile device are you using?

iphone 6 +, never had this problem til after update to latest fw. the only thing i can think of is that it must be the app as i can still fly and rc is still connected tp p3 just fine, i tried unhooking cable, restarting app, but no go. the only way is to reboot the p3, rc and app. i ll go thru settings on phone and see if i can figure it out. i did a full shut down on phone and restarted it, flew about 3 times so far and all good. if it was fixed by a simple phone reboot i will be happy. will let u know
2015-8-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been flying the Go App for several weeks and have not experienced the disconnects yet on my iPAD mini 2.  Let us know if rebooting your phone helps.
2015-8-5
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-8-6 04:31
I have been flying the Go App for several weeks and have not experienced the disconnects yet on my i ...

i will thank you
2015-8-5
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Update:
i was going through the videos and checked the one when the dji go showed disconnected. the video on sd card carried on filming but obviously the cached video on my iphone6+ stopped when dji go got disconnected.
at this point im pretty certain that it has nothing to do with new FW as i can fly p3 without any problems, just cant see where im going if im out of line of sight!!!!
if anything it could be an app issue, and i say this because i never had "disconnected" issue b4 the new app. but it still could be the phone, even though i always close all apps and go to airplane mode b4 i fly, but maybe the reboot of phone has fixed it, i will not reboot the phone and see if i get the same error again after a while, if i do then i will reboot phone every time i go to fly until someone figures out the problem with the app, if any. no big deal
2015-8-5
Use props
L8again
lvl.3

Canada

I had the disconnected problem, but read a post that mentioned rebooting the device before each flight. Started doing that and never had the problem after.
2015-8-5
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

yea i think its more the device than anything with dji, i rebooted it and gonna see how long b4 it disconnects again, this way i ll know for sure where the problem lies.
thx
2015-8-5
Use props
lb11778
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368842 ft
United States

I've read other post about this in the forums and it can be a heat problem as well. They were saying the app draws a lot of CPU usage and can cause the phone to overheat especially if its already above 85 f outside.
Ive been having the same issue lately before the last dji app update and i noticed that my Android was over heating.
2015-8-5
Use props
mark.airtightky
lvl.1

United States

I have had this problem for the last 2 weeks with a 6+.  The last 3 days I have been putting my phone in my car's air conditioning vent and it quit "disconnecting".  Yesterday in the middle of a longer shoot it began to skip and pause so I landed, shut everything down, stuck the phone in the vent for 5 minutes and went back at it with no issues. My problems are definitely with the 6+ getting hot.  
2015-8-5
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

I use an iPhone 6+.  Having similar problems, but not sure it is the phone.  I upgraded the aircraft first, and had FPV on the GO app after that.  Then after I upgraded the RC, the app would say disconnected.  I deleted and re-installed the app can now I can't even get past the "How to Connect" stage of the app.  It just keeps coming back to that and I never get the Camera View button.  I called DJI - they said they should get back to me within 72 hours.  
2015-8-5
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

mikeon Posted at 2015-8-6 09:08
I use an iPhone 6+.  Having similar problems, but not sure it is the phone.  I upgraded the aircraft ...

use a different device altogether, load dji go on it and see what happens.
2015-8-5
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-6 06:01
yea i think its more the device than anything with dji, i rebooted it and gonna see how long b4 it d ...

Sounds like you might be freeing up memory or something by rebooting.
2015-8-5
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

Hmmmm. Android sounding pretty good right now huh fellas!!? Lol. Just playing. Hope you get it worked out
2015-8-5
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-8-6 11:39
Hmmmm. Android sounding pretty good right now huh fellas!!? Lol. Just playing. Hope you get it worke ...

Jim, only cuz u don't have the new dji go yet!! Let's see what happens when u do!! Lol
Have fun
2015-8-5
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-6 06:01
yea i think its more the device than anything with dji, i rebooted it and gonna see how long b4 it d ...

Can you still see the map in the app and only the video stream is black or nothing? Really time to get that hdmi out and a goggle
2015-8-5
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-8-6 11:53
Can you still see the map in the app and only the video stream is black or nothing? Really time to ...

The app is absolutely non responsive, camera, radar, all. But no big deal, I just fly it as normal if in Los and if not then Rth. I have absolute confidence in p3 and Rth, I test Rth once a day under different circumstances, some times I shut off controller all together, it has always found its way home!!
I'm pretty sure it is heat related. So I'm gonna jerry rig something to keep phone cold and see what happens
2015-8-5
Use props
DMB2015
lvl.2

Canada

using ipad mini 2 with pilot GO and newest firmware and was having disconnect issues when rc and p3 were close together, but during flight no problems.  have  noticed taking some pictures and in the flight log, where you can view the small pictures, some of the pics are half black, or completely black. Haven't checks the actual files on the SD card yet however.
2015-8-5
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-6 11:52
Jim, only cuz u don't have the new dji go yet!! Let's see what happens when u do!! Lol
Have fun

You just gotta rub it in, huh Roy!?!
2015-8-6
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

How do you reboot the device?
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

k.kavelaars@qui Posted at 2015-8-6 22:53
How do you reboot the device?

Turn it off and on. B4 I foun out that's how u do it I just used to boot it around the yard!!!
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-8-6 22:46
You just gotta rub it in, huh Roy!?!

Ok JOHN!!!
2015-8-6
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

I also have no signal after the last update so it should really be in the update, I really have no idea what I should do, I've tried everything without sucsess, I called the dealer but who knows not right now, I think there is nothing else to do than to wait for a firmware update again!!
2015-8-6
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-8-6 04:31
I have been flying the Go App for several weeks and have not experienced the disconnects yet on my i ...

Happening to me also, I have the Inspire 1.
I came to the phantom forums to see if this was happening with the phanoms with the new update, and it looks like there might be a common problem  ( The App???)

I just got everything updated with the latest firmware and everything went well, I just did and Imu calibration, then I also calibrated the compass,I was just about the lift off when I noticed that the radio quality went from good to poor then I got a disconnect. I've been flying this inspire now for about four months and it's been awesome, absolutely no issues whatsoever until today. One very odd thing is that the indicator at the top of the app that indicates level of the radio signal, not the video signal indicator, but the radio signal indicator is showing full bars but I'm still getting getting good to poor messages and then all of a sudden it will disconnect and then reconnect.  I thought I would mention one more thing, after loading the updates on the inspire 1 and the RC controller I was in the app looking around and all of a sudden it crashed the iPad totally rebooted it. The ipad that I'm using is the latest air with 128 gigs  with the cellular radio in it.  It hasn't crashed since it rebooted.

At this point I  guess I'm going to have stopt flying until I can get some more information about what's happening, just a little unnerving.
I guess I'll try and call DJI or get on the chat and see if maybe they have any ideas.  Fingers and toes crossed

Thanks for any ideas you guys may have

RK
2015-8-6
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

Hi Kelleyre, i can say welcome to the club of problems haha, for me same story fling the Ph3 for 4 months with no isseus untill yesterday, dealer don,t know the answer and wil contact DJI aswell, better no fliing until this is solved, i have a bad feeling this wil take some time..
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Update, I just took p3 out, it's an overcast day, not exceptionally hot, I shut down iphone6+, made sure it's cold, turned everything on, took off and went up 100' and out 200, took less than a minute and I got bad signal and then grey"disconnected " sign. I let it hover and I got it connected again by itself. Flew around about 1 mile radius all good. 2nd flight went around the golf course again around 1 mile radius , at one point I lost RC connection because of trees it was under a mile way! So it started Rth, when I saw it, the disconnected sign came up again. I landed no problem. So at this point I have to say that it is not heat related!! App has to be the answer, can't be fw as I'm in full control of the p3 when it's disconnected from the app!!!
2015-8-6
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

k.kavelaars@qui Posted at 2015-8-7 00:24
Hi Kelleyre, i can say welcome to the club of problems haha, for me same story fling the Ph3 for 4 m ...

Hi k.kavelaars

Thanks for your reply
2015-8-6
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

rayrokni, i think it is the software of the RC, i have androide and there is not a update yet for the androide app, so i am still using the old one and yet i have the problems annyway, i think its in the software of the controler, red something about 32 channels now being only 8 ?
I im not that technical but this could be the source of the glitch  (sorry for my englisch)
2015-8-6
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

I wonder if this has something to do with the A and B spec remote controller. The B spec controller missing some hardware parts for decoding or something like that i think. Maybe they decided to code the new FW more to get everything out of the B spec model and not so the early A models?

The 32 channel castration was way before that FW, thats not the reason. It would be interesting to know what will happen when you have a 2nd display plugged into the HDMI port. Will this also go blank? than it must be remote controller FW.
2015-8-6
Use props
Ventus2cxT
lvl.1

Netherlands

Today I did an update of my Phantom 3 Professional to Firmware v1.3.20 according the "how to update firmware" document.
Both updates were succesful according the text files on the SD-card and USB-stick after the update.
On my iPhone6 I have updated the DJI GO app to version 2.0.0 dated August 3.

After these updates, I switched on the remote controller, switched on the P3P, connected my Iphone6 tot the remote and  run the DJI GO app (all other app's were closed)
I checked the P3P setup items via the DJI Go app and started testing several set-up's with the P3P in front of me sitting in the garden.
The P3P reported GPS mode with 12 sat's.

During testing I experienced several times  "disconnected" messages on the DJI GO app.
The only way to re-connect was switching off the P3P, the remote and closing the DJI GO app and doing a fresh start of switching on the remote, the P3P, connecting the iPhone6 to the remote and starting the DJI Go app.
During the disconnect the iPhone does not receive power from the remote.
Disconnecting and reconnecting the USB to lightning cable does not give the familiar charging beep
After a restart of the system the DJI-GO app is working normal again until the next disconnect.

On previous firmware editions I did not notice any disconnects, so I think there is a bug in the new firmware for the remote.

2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Ventus2cxT Posted at 2015-8-7 02:00
Today I did an update of my Phantom 3 Professional to Firmware v1.3.20 according the "how to update  ...

Exactly what happens to me, so it can't be the phone overheating within a minute of flight!! Gotta be the app only as you can still fly the p3, just can't tell where u going, if not in Los, which "we shouldn't be doing"!!!!
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

kelleyre@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-7 00:13
Happening to me also, I have the Inspire 1.
I came to the phantom forums to see if this was happe ...

Do t worry, just fly in Los!!! The only thing u gotta start video b4 take off and then guess!!! lol
2015-8-6
Use props
michaelangelo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1821913 ft
United States

Happening to me also. Happens when attempting to connect as well as during flight. DJI support told me it was cable even after telling them that I swapped it out three times. They left the chat after I told them that never to return.
2015-8-6
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

michaelangelo Posted at 2015-8-7 04:42
Happening to me also. Happens when attempting to connect as well as during flight. DJI support told  ...

I still can't get beyond the "How to Connect" stage of the app.  I don't think it is the app because everything looked OK after I upgraded the aircraft.  I had FPV with the GO app at that point.  Problems started after I upgraded the RC.  The .txt file says "success" for both aircraft and RC upgrades.
I flew without FPV yesterday and took a few pictures.
I deleted GO and reinstalled Pilot from iTunes backup.  With Pilot at least I can get into camera view, but it shows "Disconnected".  
I didn't have any of these problems before 1.3.2.
I have the GL300A controller.
2015-8-6
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

New development, i try to connect my Ph3 with my LG G3 smartphone, before that i downloaded the DJI app from playstore, and guess...it works?
So instead of using my Galaxi tab4 with all the conection problems i switcht to my smartphone, so please try this, it seems to be the (temporary solution)
I down know why, no idee? but it seems to work
2015-8-6
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

k.kavelaars@qui Posted at 2015-8-7 05:46
New development, i try to connect my Ph3 with my LG G3 smartphone, before that i downloaded the DJI  ...

maybe you should just delete the app and install them new and not use the update function?
2015-8-6
Use props
michaelangelo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1821913 ft
United States

Just got off of the phone with tech support. They advised me to downgrade the FW to the previous version and then update again to the current version. I don't know. He didn't sound very knowledgeable. Just kept saying hmmm and really. Long periods of silence too. He did answer on the first ring though. Anyway, trying it anyway. Can't hurt.
2015-8-6
Use props
Troublemaker
lvl.1

United States

I didn't fly on P3P from new FW yet. But on 1.1.9 I had "No Signal" on iPad Air after a while, but video continued to be recorded and I could control P3P. It was necessary to do rebooting app. I hope that in new FW everything is good. Someone had such problem?
2015-8-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules