1377 14 2022-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans766a742d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 283901 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have been using these RE Goggles with my mavic 2 pro, now that I gave the mavic 3, I'm hoping that I can use these goggles to connect to the mavic 3. Is there any solutions to connections.?
2022-8-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, the said Goggles are not compatible with the DJI Mavic 3. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-8-3
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes, but it's expensive, requiring the $1200 RC Pro controller. But with the RC Pro, you can use your RE's with the HDMI out. You'll just need the right HDMI cable. I have the RE's and use them for FPV with my M3 using an RC Pro. I managed to find cables/adaptors at the local BestBuy.
It's a kind of a parlor trick, but the output video from the RC Pro is very nice, and the RE's do the full 1080p at 60FPS. Works very well. And even so, the RC Pro is a good investment for the M3 anyway, as it's superior in every way over the RC-N1 with an awful phone or tablet...
2022-8-3
Use props
fans766a742d
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

luciens Posted at 8-3 03:43
Yes, but it's expensive, requiring the $1200 RC Pro controller. But with the RC Pro, you can use your RE's with the HDMI out. You'll just need the right HDMI cable. I have the RE's and use them for FPV with my M3 using an RC Pro. I managed to find cables/adaptors at the local BestBuy.
It's a kind of a parlor trick, but the output video from the RC Pro is very nice, and the RE's do the full 1080p at 60FPS. Works very well. And even so, the RC Pro is a good investment for the M3 anyway, as it's superior in every way over the RC-N1 with an awful phone or tablet...

Thanks for the prompt reply. Is there any particular HDMI cables that I should be looking for as I’m in the UK.
2022-8-3
Use props
fans766a742d
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry I forgot to mention that I’ve purchased the RC Pro to use with my mavic 3. DJI have let us down to those that purchased the rc pro separately.
2022-8-3
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans766a742d Posted at 8-3 04:14
Thanks for the prompt reply. Is there any particular HDMI cables that I should be looking for as I’m in the UK.

The cable just needs to be an HDMI mini on one end (RC Pro connection) and HDMI micro on the other (RE goggle connection). This can be hard to find, so you may have to build one with various cables and adapters. Which is what I did - I was lucky to find a combination at BestBuy that worked, but go ahead and start looking for them now..
2022-8-3
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans766a742d Posted at 8-3 04:17
Sorry I forgot to mention that I’ve purchased the RC Pro to use with my mavic 3. DJI have let us down to those that purchased the rc pro separately.

I did too, but it's a necessary item anyway. The RC-N1 controller is basically useless - these little phones and tablets that you have to use with it are always invisible, they instantly overheat, go dim and then crash. Then the Fly app starts crashing, over and over again.  So much that you can't use the aircraft at all. So you really can't use the drone for anything without the RC Pro anyway.

So I just factored the RC Pro into the budget when I finally decided to get my M3. The Cine is still $1000 more even if you buy the M3 fly more combo + the RC Pro separately. So even though you wind up with the unused RC-N1, it's still reasonably cost effective if you don't need the Cine version. Everything else you can use....
2022-8-3
Use props
fans766a742d
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well I got the cable mini to micro hdmi from Amazon and tried it out this evening with the RE goggles and they were perfect.
2022-8-5
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

luciens Posted at 8-3 05:33
I did too, but it's a necessary item anyway. The RC-N1 controller is basically useless - these little phones and tablets that you have to use with it are always invisible, they instantly overheat, go dim and then crash. Then the Fly app starts crashing, over and over again.  So much that you can't use the aircraft at all. So you really can't use the drone for anything without the RC Pro anyway.

So I just factored the RC Pro into the budget when I finally decided to get my M3. The Cine is still $1000 more even if you buy the M3 fly more combo + the RC Pro separately. So even though you wind up with the unused RC-N1, it's still reasonably cost effective if you don't need the Cine version. Everything else you can use....

I have to disagree with you when you say the RC-N1 is useless. I purchased the M3 with the RC-N1 and also just recently purchased the RC Pro. I agree that the RC Pro is now my go to way to fly my Mavic 3 primarily due to setup time but there are times that I still enjoying flying it using my Samsung Tab S6.
Because of the processing power, it never dims and love viewing it's 10.5" screen with its Super AMOLED display. The RC Pro's screen is small by comparison but overall is now my preferred way of flying because of setup time
2022-8-7
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Question: with HDMI trick, can you also control M3? Or is it a display-only?
2022-8-8
Use props
fans766a742d
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DarthSLR Posted at 8-8 07:27
Question: with HDMI trick, can you also control M3? Or is it a display-only?

It was a quick test to see if the connection works. I haven’t gone through the settings on the goggles to establish if the lens corrospond with movement of the head. I’ll be carrying out more tests once I’m able to get out to an area clear of obstacles and seagulls.
2022-8-8
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

luciens Posted at 8-3 03:43

Would this work with the Mini-2?

Can the RC Pro run the Mini-2? If that would work, it might be a good answer, but I think I've seen elsewhere that it doesn't.

Thx,

TCS
2022-8-8
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Chaosrider Posted at 8-8 08:21
Would this work with the Mini-2?

Can the RC Pro run the Mini-2? If that would work, it might be a good answer, but I think I've seen elsewhere that it doesn't.

Unfortunately, no. The RC Pro only works with the Air 2S and the Mavic 3. It's unknown if support will be added for any other drones.
I hope they add the Mini 3 Pro, that would be a great 2nd drone to have...
2022-8-8
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

luciens Posted at 8-8 10:48
Unfortunately, no. The RC Pro only works with the Air 2S and the Mavic 3. It's unknown if support will be added for any other drones.
I hope they add the Mini 3 Pro, that would be a great 2nd drone to have...

Rats!

I wish DJI would make one expensive high end RC that they would make compatible with ALL DJI drones. Most people wouldn't buy it...but I would!

Probably not going to happen, sadly.

:-(

TCS
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_GevEXQTCrI6u
New

Slovakia

Chaosrider Posted at 8-10 10:30
Rats!

I wish DJI would make one expensive high end RC that they would make compatible with ALL DJI drones. Most people wouldn't buy it...but I would!

hello, after last updates you can use mavic 2 with RC Pro for sure
2022-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules