872 12 2022-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hitmax
First Officer
Flight distance : 2092244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My little test of the FREEWELL ND filters and a couple of reasons WHY you NEED them (which you probably know anyway) wiht some footage and colour tests

2022-8-3
Use props
Reytag
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276 ft
Germany

Nice video.

I am new to drones and am admittedly very limited in general in terms of knowledge in regards to cameras, lenses etc although I am technically adept and understand the concepts and technical explanations.
In order not to end up with too many lenses I went with the Freewell NDPL kit as I understand it will cover you in more use cases than just the ND kit alone.  Unfortunately it is sold out everywhere where I live and I won't receive it until I come back from vacation.

I understand the PL is used to reduce glare from reflections over water or highly reflective surfaces but is there a drawback to using NDPL all the time instead of just ND?
2022-8-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Nicely done, Hitmax! We really appreciate you for sharing this with us. Have a wonderful day ahead.
2022-8-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What's your thoughts on the Freewell VNDs that are coming - For example - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... d_2_5_stop.html/url]
2022-8-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very informative review and test of the Freewell ND/PL filters Hieth.    I pre-ordered the Freewell Variable Neutral Density filters.  Hoping they perform really well.
2022-8-4
Use props
d3drvr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16352 ft
United States

I Thought I saw a Buckingham Blue D4.5 in the corner there!
2022-8-4
Use props
Hitmax
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

d3drvr Posted at 8-4 12:08
I Thought I saw a Buckingham Blue D4.5 in the corner there!

Good spot thats my SDV6 HSE but it is Santorini Black
2022-8-8
Use props
Hitmax
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-3 15:37
Nicely done, Hitmax! We really appreciate you for sharing this with us. Have a wonderful day ahead.

You are welcome
2022-8-8
Use props
Hitmax
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-3 22:38
What's your thoughts on the Freewell VNDs that are coming - For example - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1713976-REG/freewell_fw_mn3_vnd_variable_nd_2_5_stop.html/url]

Not sure I use a PM Polar Pro VND on my Cameras but that is in my hand I suppose the only benefit is that you don't need to swap it out if the light conditions change but you need to fly the drone back and twist it round so you could easily swap it out for a different lens. also I find some VNDs have more vignette. If i get a set sent I will let you know cheers Hieth
2022-8-8
Use props
Hitmax
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-4 05:40
Very informative review and test of the Freewell ND/PL filters Hieth.    I pre-ordered the Freewell Variable Neutral Density filters.  Hoping they perform really well.

Thanks buddy let me know how you get on cheers Hieth
2022-8-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hitmax Posted at 8-8 12:16
Thanks buddy let me know how you get on cheers Hieth

You're very welcome Hieth.  

Hope you are having a great week.
2022-8-8
Use props
DroneSmith
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-3 22:38
What's your thoughts on the Freewell VNDs that are coming - For example - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1713976-REG/freewell_fw_mn3_vnd_variable_nd_2_5_stop.html/url]

Curious about this too. I'm was going back and forth between the All Day & Bright Day packs, but am wondering if the VND 2-5 & 6-9 & VNDXMist pack is a better bang for your buck... seems like it would be.  Anyone try these out yet?
2022-8-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video.
The ND footage does look 'better' to my eyes.
Did you also notice the very constant jumps in the footage?
(maybe you spoke about it, I watched without sound)
2022-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules