Can't Download Videos to phone
14054 16 2022-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djitigger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161604 ft
United States

I bought the M3P with RC. So far, I'm loving it - though I haven't really gone any real distance away from me. The Mini 2 is rock solid and I won't hesitate to send that wherever! Because the M3P is configured to use the RC controller, I love having the ability to download to the iphone - although whenever I try to download videos, it says it is unable to download selected items, please connect to the computer to download. Am I missing something or is this a 'feature' that is not enabled?

Clarification, I am able to download images without any issues. Videos (and only videos) says something like 'unable to download selected items, please connect to the computer'.

If you use the Screen Record function of the RC, no matter what you do, the videos do not show up until you remove the memory card from the RC and put it in your computer. If you plug in the RC to your computer, you see the memory card and a bunch of folders, but no data shows up. If you 'browse' the controller through the menu, nothing shows up. It only shows up when you put the memory card in the computer.

Lastly, this one is probably more me - when you take AEB shots, does the app layer them or do you have to do this manually?

Sorry if this is a duplicate message .. I wrote one earlier but it's not showing up.

2022-8-3
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

Turn on drone , RC off and start fly app on phone with wi-fi on it should work..  If quick transfer worked on you mini 2 it should work here.
2022-8-3
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

P.S. The screen recordings are on sd in RC card under movies
2022-8-3
Use props
fans5d3e3440
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4964 ft
United States

Try turning off cell service before you start the download.
2022-8-3
Use props
djitigger
lvl.2
United States

Goggles Pisano Posted at 8-3 09:48
Turn on drone , RC off and start fly app on phone with wi-fi on it should work..  If quick transfer worked on you mini 2 it should work here.

As stated, I can download images using this method. I cannot download videos.
2022-8-3
Use props
djitigger
lvl.2
United States

Goggles Pisano Posted at 8-3 09:50
P.S. The screen recordings are on sd in RC card under movies

Correct .. but this only displays if you remove the card and put it in the computer. If I plug the controller into the computer, there is nothing in any folder.
2022-8-3
Use props
djitigger
lvl.2
United States

fans5d3e3440 Posted at 8-3 09:53
Try turning off cell service before you start the download.

I'll try .. theoretically there shouldn't be any change but I'll try. Again, I am able to download images - it's just videos I cannot download.
2022-8-3
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djitigger Posted at 8-3 12:03
Correct .. but this only displays if you remove the card and put it in the computer. If I plug the controller into the computer, there is nothing in any folder.

Works for me but many times I have to unplug and plug USB cable in and out a couple times...  Try it.. My computer needs replacing so I can't blame dji for this one..
2022-8-3
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djitigger Posted at 8-3 12:02
As stated, I can download images using this method. I cannot download videos.

May have to do with the codec it was recorded in 264 or 265.  maybe not compatible with phone .. try changing.  Just a guess on my part, not really sure...
2022-8-3
Use props
fans684baa3e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145509 ft
United States

djitigger Posted at 8-3 12:04
I'll try .. theoretically there shouldn't be any change but I'll try. Again, I am able to download images - it's just videos I cannot download.

DITTO

Must turn off cellular.
And do NOT forget to turn it back on or you won't be able to send text.
2022-8-3
Use props
fans684baa3e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145509 ft
United States

RE: If you use the Screen Record function of the RC, no matter what you do, the videos do not show up until you remove the memory card from the RC and put it in your computer. If you plug in the RC to your computer, you see the memory card and a bunch of folders, but no data shows up. If you 'browse' the controller through the menu, nothing shows up. It only shows up when you put the memory card in the computer.

Turn on the RC.
Swipe down the screen twice to get to the SETUP menu (no need to start the DJI FLY.
Click EXPLORE on the left pane.
Click the VIDEO icon.
Scroll down unitl you see the file with the name...screen-2022... and that will be the Screen Record file. IMG_0732.JPG
IMG_0733.JPG
IMG_0734.JPG
2022-8-3
Use props
djitigger
lvl.2
United States

fans684baa3e Posted at 8-3 13:42
DITTO

Must turn off cellular.

Tested this today (Cell off, BT off, WiFi on) - same error. Videos still can't download. Videos are D-CLike and the message is 'Unable to download files. Connect to computer to view them'. I can download images, but no videos.
2022-8-4
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djitigger Posted at 8-4 12:36
Tested this today (Cell off, BT off, WiFi on) - same error. Videos still can't download. Videos are D-CLike and the message is 'Unable to download files. Connect to computer to view them'. I can download images, but no videos.

Can't quick transfer D-Clike videos. Need to use cable or remove card..
2022-8-4
Use props
babyAsianDINO
New

United States

I found that turning off the cellular data of the phone, then closing the app and reopening it, is what helped to fix this for me.
2023-8-5
Use props
djiuser_4toBV3uFEa5C
New

United States

Hello, I’m a little late to the party but I am having the same issue. I’ve turned off my cellular data and I can’t seem to get it to download to my iPhone. It keeps failing it’s only a three minute video ideas of what else I could try.
1-17 05:49
Use props
djiuser_NNX0V6d7sspH
New
United States

babyAsianDINO Posted at 2023-8-5 19:36
I found that turning off the cellular data of the phone, then closing the app and reopening it, is what helped to fix this for me.

This worked for me just now!

I connected to aircraft, Turn off cellular (kept BT on, kept Wifi On) restarted DJI Fly app, and it started downloading.
4-20 14:50
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_NNX0V6d7sspH Posted at 4-20 14:50
This worked for me just now!

I connected to aircraft, Turn off cellular (kept BT on, kept Wifi On) restarted DJI Fly app, and it started downloading.

Hi there. We are glad you already got it sorted out. Indeed turning off the cellular data then, restarting the mobile phone helps. Due to the cellular network redirection policy in some countries or regions, the footage may not be displayed or downloaded normally due to a network conflict. Thank you for your patience.
4-20 22:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules