Weird anomaly in Mini 3 video
3894 25 2022-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djduane
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138655 ft
United States

I shot some 4k 30fps video today with my mini3 at the beach (no ND filter)  and noticed in parts of the video a sort of wavy motion across the video.  I used auto setting and had AE turned on.  Wondering if anyone has seen this? I noticed it when the drone was looking at some rooftops (shingles) and again when I dropped the gimbal to look down on the waves. First time I've ever noticed this and hope it won't be reocurring! Any ideas what might cause this? THanks
2022-8-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there djduane. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to post a short sample video showing the issue for us to be able to see and can assist you further? Thank you.
2022-8-4
Use props
djduane
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-4 19:21
Hello there djduane. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to post a short sample video showing the issue for us to be able to see and can assist you further? Thank you.

Hi, Stephen! Thanks for your prompt response! I'm uploading a sample to Rumble and will attach the link so you can review. Not sure if the waviness might be a result of rolling shutter? First time I've ever seen this on the Mini3. Really appreciate your help!! Thanks!
2022-8-4
Use props
djduane
lvl.2
United States

djduane Posted at 8-4 19:57
Hi, Stephen! Thanks for your prompt response! I'm uploading a sample to Rumble and will attach the link so you can review. Not sure if the waviness might be a result of rolling shutter? First time I've ever seen this on the Mini3. Really appreciate your help!! Thanks!

Hi, Stephen! Here is the link to the short sample of the video with the waviness in it! Thanks!

https://rumble.com/v1etmj1-pacific-beach-sample.html
2022-8-4
Use props
jefish
lvl.3
United States

Looks like vibration-induced jello. Check your props. If there are any nicks or cracks, replace them.
2022-8-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you kidding? Post this somewhere there isn't a lot of infused wiggle. Youtube maybe duh? Rumple is crap.
2022-8-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djduane Posted at 8-4 19:58
Hi, Stephen! Here is the link to the short sample of the video with the waviness in it! Thanks!

https://rumble.com/v1etmj1-pacific-beach-sample.html

Where are you seeing it?
If you see it in the centre roof, that's moire.
Google moire to find out what that is,
2022-8-4
Use props
djduane
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-4 20:43
Where are you seeing it?

Hi, Stephen! I did see that but then I notice that the whole frame seems to roll or wave from about 7 seconds to 10 seconds in the video clip. It looks like a thermal effect (if there was extreme heat but it was only about 65 degrees F and wind of about 10 mph.
2022-8-4
Use props
djduane
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-4 20:43
Where are you seeing it?

Oops sorry. Thought it was Stephen I was conversing with. My Apologies!
2022-8-4
Use props
djduane
lvl.2
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 8-4 20:33
Are you kidding? Post this somewhere there isn't a lot of infused wiggle. Youtube maybe duh? Rumple is crap.

Rumble is far better as they don't censor conservatives. Sorry you don't understand. Enjoy your YouTube!
2022-8-4
Use props
djduane
lvl.2
United States

jefish Posted at 8-4 20:20
Looks like vibration-induced jello. Check your props. If there are any nicks or cracks, replace them.

Thanks SO much for mentioning that! I'll check them! Very much appreciate your input!
2022-8-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djduane Posted at 8-4 20:57
Rumble is far better as they don't censor conservatives. Sorry you don't understand. Enjoy your YouTube!

Whatever you think you can see, it's too subtle for my eyes.
Is it just that you were tilting the camera?
Do you see it when the camera is still?

And if you are concerned about censoring your video because of your political views ... get a life.
2022-8-4
Use props
Tanasit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145509 ft
United States

I saw black plastic loosely cover the roof!!!
063F2037-6D8E-4CE3-B937-BA9FA297AB5E.jpeg
2022-8-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can see a slight jello effect over the whole of the video, not just sections... As mentioned, check your props.

PS, its worse around 9 or 10 seconds, do not concentrate on one part as it's the whole picture, just relax your concentration and its easily spotable
2022-8-5
Use props
djduane
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-4 22:47
Whatever you think you can see, it's too subtle for my eyes.
Is it just that you were tilting the camera?
Do you see it when the camera is still?

I did see it when the camera was still and moving. May have been a scratched prop so changed them and flew this morning and will check the video, Thanks so much for your input. As for censoring videos, I'm certainly NOT worried about my drone videos being censored but Youtube has a history of censoring any video which presents a talking point that goes against the woke narrative so we don't support them and use Rumble for all our postings, no matter what they are. As for my life, thanks for your concern. I have a marvelous life and just hope yours is at least half as good as mine.
2022-8-5
Use props
djduane
lvl.2
United States

Bashy Posted at 8-5 03:17
I can see a slight jello effect over the whole of the video, not just sections... As mentioned, check your props.

PS, its worse around 9 or 10 seconds, do not concentrate on one part as it's the whole picture, just relax your concentration and its easily spotable

Thanks so much!, Bashy! I did check them and changed them just to be sure! Hopefully, that will clear up the issue!
2022-8-5
Use props
djduane
lvl.2
United States

Tanasit Posted at 8-4 23:50
I saw black plastic loosely cover the roof!!!

HAHA! Yes maybe that threw off the AE!!!!  I don't think that was the problem but ??
2022-8-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

djduane Posted at 8-4 20:57

What?????? Is that political?
2022-8-6
Use props
Adiboy
New

United States

I experience the same thing today. Looks like a heat wave and the whole video is in motion. The conditions were windy. Any solution so far? I don't believe it was due to the weather conditions but some drone issue. In DJDUANE's video, around the 11 sec time, in the left hand side of the screen and no not the black tarp on the roof.
2022-8-12
Use props
djduane
lvl.2
United States

Adiboy Posted at 8-12 19:01
I experience the same thing today. Looks like a heat wave and the whole video is in motion. The conditions were windy. Any solution so far? I don't believe it was due to the weather conditions but some drone issue. In DJDUANE's video, around the 11 sec time, in the left hand side of the screen and no not the black tarp on the roof.

I did replace my propellers AND put a new SD card in (just to be sure) and problem has disappeared! I think it was the propellers although they looked OK to me but haven't seen the same issue since so think that solved it! You might try that too!!
2022-8-12
Use props
djduane
lvl.2
United States

I'm having issues again with ripples appearing in my video footage. Seems to ONLY happen at the beach!  I replaced the propellers recently thinking that was causing the issue but it has reoccured. Was flying about 70 meters high out over ocean at Ocean Shores, WA.  Wonder if it's related to wind issues at a particular altitude? Any ideas? 4k, 30 fps video.
2022-9-16
Use props
pilot_and_plane
New

United States

I got the same issue at my new DJI mini 3 pro
2023-7-6
Use props
djduane
lvl.2
United States

pilot_and_plane Posted at 7-6 09:58
I got the same issue at my new DJI mini 3 pro

I contacted DJI and sent the drone back to them as it was a mechanical issue and they replaced a part that fixed the problem!! You should contact them as it may be the same issue!
2023-7-6
Use props
djiuser_ZLLCU0wRO0MI
New

Singapore

djduane Posted at 7-6 10:24
I contacted DJI and sent the drone back to them as it was a mechanical issue and they replaced a part that fixed the problem!! You should contact them as it may be the same issue!

Did yoi have to pay? I have the same kind of issue
But sadly my warrenty was over few days ago
2023-7-9
Use props
djduane
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_ZLLCU0wRO0MI Posted at 7-9 20:44
Did yoi have to pay? I have the same kind of issue
But sadly my warrenty was over few days ago

No mine was covered under warranty but I’d call them and explain that yiu didn’t know what the problem was but just found out from this forum that someone else had the same problem and it was a mechanical defect!
Hopefully they’ll cover you under warranty!
2023-7-9
Use props
DuRavary
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125135 ft
France

djduane Posted at 2022-8-5 08:16
I did see it when the camera was still and moving. May have been a scratched prop so changed them and flew this morning and will check the video, Thanks so much for your input. As for censoring videos, I'm certainly NOT worried about my drone videos being censored but Youtube has a history of censoring any video which presents a talking point that goes against the woke narrative so we don't support them and use Rumble for all our postings, no matter what they are. As for my life, thanks for your concern. I have a marvelous life and just hope yours is at least half as good as mine.

How bizarre. In my experience there are plenty of clueless right wing nutters who appear on YouTube every day spouting lies and misinformation  to their uneducated disciples. The sort of people who wouldn’t understand the difference between conservative and Conservative.
2023-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules