Phantom 3 F-cked Wont Update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
princetonking
lvl.1

United States

Kudos DJI - you have really crafted the world's most expensive piece of crap.

I simply put the .bin file in the root - inserted it into my Phantom 3  - powered it on with the Tx off...and the Phantom 3 doesn't beep..doesn't do anything just flashes its stupid yellow lights and seems to think the firmware update is done.

What in the hell is wrong with this thing?

2015-8-5
Use props
princetonking
lvl.1

United States

Really confused...I opened the sd card after the upgrade happened it never said "Success" or failed...just "Upgrading..."

It was a good 20 minute wait....BUt the camera still works ...and the phone is saying no more aircraft update required...what gives :/?
2015-8-5
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

Start fresh.....
2015-8-5
Use props
hundleton1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

look at the gimbal lights that tells you whats going on, follow the process
2015-8-5
Use props
princetonking
lvl.1

United States

Yeah so the update completed i think...i just flew it...flew just fine...i guess the upgrade did install after all because now anytime i try to put in the microsd to "upgrade" the firmware  - it just stays green. doesn't do anything.

The app is also not telling me to upgrade...but still super worried why it didnt says "Success" while I flew...anyone got ideas?

Also ...i lost control of the thing and some of the props got...scratched - one snapped and I replaced it. everythign else seems fine...I'm definitely way more cautious now how I do this...sigh
would some scratched up props affect flight?
2015-8-5
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

FW update need efing PATIENCE!! it took mine 24 minutes, 4 beeps red and green lights flashing means leave me the f alone!!!
3 beeps means im done.
dont blame dji so quickly when its lack of patience or bad sd card, or a bad download of the fw or etc etc.
u would think i work for dji
now have fun and be safe, good luck
2015-8-5
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

Had no such issue it updated as expected. Flashed yellow lights for a good 15 mins before changing but updated successfully after about 24 mins
2015-8-5
Use props
cnndotcom69
New

United States

nicwilson Posted at 2015-8-6 08:47
Had no such issue it updated as expected. Flashed yellow lights for a good 15 mins before changing b ...

Mine went as planned~!  Smooth~!  My only advice, from an IT guy, quick format the card. Make a folder on Desktop. Copy Zip file to the new folder and extract there.  Copy files to SD card. Then install card to P3 and be patient. This did take 15-20 minutes or so. Walk away and then return to wait for the long beep and smaller ones.
Of course, make sure you copy your photo-video files first before formatting~!
2015-8-5
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Yes. Give it at least 25 minutes before touching it. It will take a while.
2015-8-5
Use props
oldpeach
lvl.2

Canada

New bird arrived today, with a B controller and ver 119 installed. The DJI GO app connected no prob

Performed update the instructed way with errors but recovered and installed
Used micro 2 gig micro sd card and as per instructions copied all files from the zip to the root
Started the bird , it chirped and beeped four times then started making steady hum noise..
After 15 mins I noted the gimbal light was solid red and NO 4 beep pattern
I turned off the battery to check and the update file said failed
I then took the sd card that came with the bird and took all files and folders off of the card
Then placed just the bin file (not all files that were in the zip as per instructions)
Placed in the bird and started again
4 beeps and flashing lights, at one point all lights went out and the gimbal went nuts
But the whole time the gimbal light flashed red then green
Update successful
The controller was different and I used a sd to usb converter and also tried plain usb ... No go
Then I connected the GO ap and followed the download software menu.
It downloaded in few minutes and I initiated the upgrade
Finished in minutes with success
Being an I.T. Guy,, I'm well aware of usb drive in compatibility so id suggest to others to have a few good brand name sticks to try
50 minutes to complete everything
2015-8-5
Use props
princetonking
lvl.1

United States

Putting in the SD card does not make my DJI update...it shows green and app shows its updated.

The thing kept beeping nonstop..like beep beep beep beep...beep beep beep beep beep beep...

thats when i turned it off...

Did it complete? I don't know but it was easily 20 mins....

Either way whatever happened its done. How do I check if the firmware is IN FACT installed on the damn thing?
2015-8-5
Use props
bassplyer
lvl.1

United States

princetonking@g Posted at 2015-8-6 10:55
Putting in the SD card does not make my DJI update...it shows green and app shows its updated.

The  ...

On the memory card should be a txt file. Open it on your computer. If it says success you should be good to go.
2015-8-5
Use props
katolystic
lvl.1

Philippines

Here is a link on how to properly update your Phantom 3 and Remote Controller.

DJI Forum Thread Link

2015-8-5
Use props
aviin
lvl.1

United States

It should be noted that GL300-B remotes cannot be upgraded via USB.  Changes to the hardware.  I suspect that is why DJI said that future firmware releases will only update through the app.  It avoids the headaches of people with B remotes trying unsuccessfully to update via USB.
2015-8-5
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

Put it on craigs.  I'll probably buy it.
2015-8-5
Use props
princetonking
lvl.1

United States

Man so many responses from people who don't read at all...

The text file just said "Upgrading" when the firmware was upgrading.

Either way putting in firmware doesn't do anything and the app doesn't say the craft needs an update
2015-8-5
Use props
princetonking
lvl.1

United States

mswall@mac.com Posted at 2015-8-6 11:26
Put it on craigs.  I'll probably buy it.

$1000. Thx bai
2015-8-5
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

princetonking said....
"Kudos DJI - you have really crafted the world's most expensive piece of crap."

Pffft.
You've obviously never driven a bentley convertible.  Keep trucking
2015-8-5
Use props
www.ctv.kz
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

aviin Posted at 2015-8-6 11:25
It should be noted that GL300-B remotes cannot be upgraded via USB.  Changes to the hardware.  I sus ...

I cant update my GL300A RC. I tried everything. Formatted card, used different USB and no effect at all. Quad is off. There is no text file after that tries. Quad is updated. What do I have to do with remote controller. It says RC canot be updated thru app, use usb. I tried 20 times...

What do I do? I need it on Sunday.
2015-8-5
Use props
aviin
lvl.1

United States

www.ctv.kz Posted at 2015-8-6 13:04
I cant update my GL300A RC. I tried everything. Formatted card, used different USB and no effect at ...

Is your mated tablet/phone connected to the internet when you try to update through the app?  If not, make sure it is connected while you update (i.e. don't be in airplane mode).
2015-8-5
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

princetonking@g Posted at 2015-8-6 10:55

The  ...

no, it takes 25 minutes, the four beeps indicate that itb is updating. 3 beeps. one long 2 short indicate it is done. patience man, patience. its not a coffee maker, lol
have fun
2015-8-5
Use props
www.ctv.kz
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

aviin Posted at 2015-8-6 13:13
Is your mated tablet/phone connected to the internet when you try to update through the app?  If no ...

My tab says it can not be update thru app - use USB stick. (yes wi-fi is on but tablet is not connected to RC - USB stick instead) May be I do not understand something. How do I use USB stick and Tab at the same time. IOS
2015-8-5
Use props
aviin
lvl.1

United States

www.ctv.kz Posted at 2015-8-6 13:40
My tab says it can not be update thru app - use USB stick. (yes wi-fi is on but tablet is not conne ...

The tablet needs to be connected to the internet and connected to the RC if you are updating through the app.  No USB stick involved.
2015-8-5
Use props
www.ctv.kz
lvl.2

Kazakhstan

aviin Posted at 2015-8-6 13:50
The tablet needs to be connected to the internet and connected to the RC if you are updating throu ...

But is says "RC does not support upgrading firmware through App, please upgrade the firmware with USB stick"

Any ideas?
2015-8-5
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-6 08:44
FW update need efing PATIENCE!! it took mine 24 minutes, 4 beeps red and green lights flashing means ...

Ray, your Phantom has made you look younger! LOL
2015-8-6
Use props
princetonking
lvl.1

United States

Man people here have a strong inability to read...I already said when I put in a FW the craft doesn't do anything.

2015-8-6
Use props
bhupinder408
lvl.1

United States

Hi Guys,
I have had my Phantom for a while now and I have successfully updated the firmware a few times on the P3.
I have made sure I have formatted my micro sd card to FAT32. When I put the SD card in the aircraft, I hear the DE-DE-DE-DE.....DE-DE-DE-DE....DE-DE-DE-DE....ETC.
After a while, instead of hearing the correct DE-DEDE....DE-DEDE....DE-DEDE, It just goes haywire and I hear DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.....

I left that for a while to see what happens and nothing. I turned the P3 off and checked the file on my computer to see the status and I see the following:

Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:15 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Upgrading ...

Can anyone help me out with this problem please? I would really appreciate it.
2015-8-6
Use props
princetonking
lvl.1

United States

bhupinder408 Posted at 2015-8-7 08:04
Hi Guys,
I have had my Phantom for a while now and I have successfully updated the firmware a few t ...

Hey this is about me - create your own thread lol
2015-8-6
Use props
bhupinder408
lvl.1

United States

princetonking@g Posted at 2015-8-7 08:15
Hey this is about me - create your own thread lol

LOl..sorry dude..I am panicking, and it looked like people here knew what they were talking about!
2015-8-6
Use props
princetonking
lvl.1

United States

bhupinder408 Posted at 2015-8-7 08:17
LOl..sorry dude..I am panicking, and it looked like people here knew what they were talking about! ...

Join the club. Same shit happened to me though but mine didn't "FAIL" it just kept going "Upgrading..."

either way i hate my phantom so far

Also how on earth did you get the impression people here know jack-crap about what they're talking about? So far no one has even answered my original question as to WHY my Phantom 3 doesn't even BEEP anymore when I put in the firmware file, etc..
2015-8-6
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

princetonking@g Posted at 2015-8-7 08:27
Join the club. Same shit happened to me though but mine didn't "FAIL" it just kept going "Upgrading ...

Clearly you cant get an answer. Maybe you should stop asking mindless bums like us and contact support.
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-6 20:41
Ray, your Phantom has made you look younger! LOL

i know, its cuz im having so much fun!!! DJI thank you for making me feel young again, and apparently look younger too

thx
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

princetonking@g Posted at 2015-8-7 08:27
Join the club. Same shit happened to me though but mine didn't "FAIL" it just kept going "Upgrading ...

cuz it either has updated or its efd up!!
2015-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules