Phantom 3 Standard compared to Advanced?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
corekiteboardin
lvl.2

United States

NEW TODAY - Phantom 3 Standard,
The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. - Comparison & Overview.

Great video for new pilots thinking about their first multi-rotor.
Fair, honest, and spec oriented overview.

2015-8-5
Use props
jrizo1
lvl.2

United States

nice video
2015-8-5
Use props
Nicholas Rønsho
lvl.3

Denmark

WTF They made a cheaper drone, but with better camera than the Advanced model ?
2015-8-5
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-8-5
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Nicholas Rønsho Posted at 2015-8-6 13:25
WTF They made a cheaper drone, but with better camera than the Advanced model ?

yea, but you dont get the range, you dont get the glonass gps, no lightbridge
2015-8-5
Use props
tomlog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 689511 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's really not a better camera. It's only 30fps at 1080p and the camera is not the same quality as the P3A camera.
2015-8-5
Use props
Skygod14
lvl.2

United Kingdom

great video but it should be stated that Glonass is a not a mix between GPS and Glonass, they are actually two completely separate networks - GPS has 32 satellites, and Glonass (the russians version of GPS) has 24. these cannot and will not mix and match.

What it means when you have the capability for both is that it will basically have two networks to feed off to give an even more accurate position.
2015-8-6
Use props
paul.guo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66696 ft
Hong Kong

Great video, though you missed one important part: the APP comparison
2015-8-6
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

I would definitely prefer the Advanced over the Standard. But I would still pick the Professional :-)
2015-8-6
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

I hate to correct your video... but I'm gonna do it any way

You made a few inaccurate statements. One that was pretty glaring was the mentioning of 40mbps vs 60mbps video. You mentioned this had something to do with the live video feed. It does not. It has to do with the bitrate of the recorded video (ie. the compression). 60mbps h264 (30fps) for the P3 4KPro isn't bad - but it is still fairly heavily compressed. 40mbps is obviously a lower bitrate (smaller files by the way too) but since it is a 2,7k or 1080P resolution, it isn't bad at all.

Also, you were a bit unclear with regards to the resolutions. Easier to just look up the spec-sheet on the DJI-website - but 2.7 is 2704x1520 and 1080p is 1920x1080. Also, it is significant, that the Phantom 3 Advanced does 1080p60 frames per second where the P3Standard only does 30 fps (or 720p60).

In my opinion the DJI Phantom 3 Standard is more of a Phantom 2,5 - a mix between the P2Vision+ (same remote, no lightbridge etc.) and the P3 (Inspire-ish remote, Lightbridge, Glonas).
2015-8-6
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Wow - a lot of information!
2015-8-6
Use props
Steve.Petry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462621 ft
  • >>>
United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-8-6 19:22
I hate to correct your video... but I'm gonna do it any way

You made a few inaccurate statements ...

Also the P3S does not have VPS (vision position system)
2015-8-6
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

I agree with the conclusion that the P3S is more of a P2.5V+ than a P3. It 's the "Good" in the Good-Better-Best Phantoms currently at the top of DJI's prosumer drone line.

Truth be told, I had been waiting on the sidelines, holding off on buying a drone, and it was the inclusion of Lightbridge at the aggressive price of the P3's that motivated me to pull the trigger, and I haven't regretted that decision for a second.

2015-8-6
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
United States

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2015-8-6 13:44
Light bridge & glonass are two very important advantages over the standard

That's true for sure. However, at a $799 price, unless it's really "short-changed" in comparison to the P3A, that's quite a price offering for what it does. If it's as good as it looks on the surface, one might think DJI is on the verge of cornering a good-sized chunk of this market!
2015-8-9
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-6 14:00
yea, but you dont get the range, you dont get the glonass gps, no lightbridge

There seems to be this big "bloc" of quad owners that "...way over the horizon..." is a good thing.

Doesn't it seem more realistic for something that works effectively to about 800 meters/yards - that's not too far short of a half mile. How far does one really need to fly to get in position for a shoot?

The mindset seems geared to a product that becomes less a camera platform and more of something else - what, I don't really know! How many of the following kind of post do we see?

"Flew my fill-in-the-blank 27,000 feet away and got some fantastic pictures." Most of that kind of posts never says a word about the pictures taken. Probably all there was (at least of pictures) was the turnaround point.

It's like the old cowboy astride his old nag on the top of a big hill, looking out over the waving grass. "Just look at that. Miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles." So why do we want to fly over that miles of nothing but miles and miles? Just to say we did it? If that's the case, dump the camera - that should give quite an increase to your range!
2015-8-9
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

@corekiteboardin,

Hey Justin Davis,

really well done, but where is Homelock in the P3 implemented at this Time?

there is Course Lock only now available.

Correct me please if i´m wrong!

Mike
2015-8-9
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-10 06:21
There seems to be this big "bloc" of quad owners that "...way over the horizon..." is a good thing ...

whilst your opinion may make sense to you, let me point one other thing out:
not everyone uses the P3 as only a camera platform, there is some exhilarating feeling of flying the quad over areas that one can not normally see, i suppose im trying to say short of growing wings and flying, the P3 or any other quad for that matter gives one a virtual ability to fly, and in my opinion there is nothing wrong with that, as long as one understands and accepts the responsibility and consequences that come with it. so therefore removing the camera just would not make any sense!!!
just another perspective, friend!!!
2015-8-9
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Check out the p3 standard
2015-8-10
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-10 08:05
whilst your opinion may make sense to you, let me point one other thing out:
not everyone uses the ...

I concede that Ray. I'm not attacking the whole thing - just those who "abuse" what can and should be done.

Another "drone incident" on the news this morning. Planes approaching Newark airport reported two drones at several thousand feet up. Really?
2015-8-10
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-10 19:21
I concede that Ray. I'm not attacking the whole thing - just those who "abuse" what can and should ...

I agree on that. And there are gonna be more incidents unfortunately, til Feds step in and more freedom will be taken away!!
2015-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules