Firmware Update Failed on DJI Mic
5478 8 2022-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans25bf3bd4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 936181 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone come across an issue updating the firmware on the DJI Mic? I am trying to update the firmware and the receiver states "Update Failed". The steps I have taken are: 1) Downloaded the RX and TX firmware update .bin files to my computer. 2) Connected the RX to my computer with the USB-C cable.
3) Copied the RX bin file to the root drive of the Receiver (confirmed it transferred the file).
4) Disconnected the Received. I instantly see a message on the Receiver display stating "Update Failed".

I powered off the receiver and restarted it. I then repeated the process and get the same message.

I re-downloaded the bin file and repeated the process - same error message.

I did a factory reset of the DJI Mic and repeated the process - same message.

Also tested with a different laptop - same message.

Any suggestions?
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. For additional reference I will post a DJI Tutorial Video on DJI Mic - How To Update the Firmware. Thank you.

2022-8-8
Use props
fans25bf3bd4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 936181 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you for your response Stephen but it is not helpful. If you read my post, you'll see that i followed the steps to update exactly as in that video. My question was not how to update but the failure of the update for me and how to solve this.
2022-8-8
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1213816 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same thing happen! The latest fw is v02.00.72.80 so I was curious if my new set was somehow up to date.1. Put all three devices into the case, close the lid, wait a few seconds and open.
2. Remove the receiver and swipe up and over to find the "i" for info.
3. Check what fw is installed, Mine was up to date already so I bet that is why it failed!

2022-8-13
Use props
Karl Sutton
lvl.1
United States

I've done the same thing as you, TX & RX2 have updated but RX1 will not update.  RX1 did have audio on it the first time I tried it so I deleted the audio and have tried a few times
2022-8-19
Use props
Keith Fl
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same issue - following the provided instructions does not work on the 3 PC's i have tried - all windows 11 and up to date..I am attempting to update to dji_wirelessmic_rx_v02.00.72.87.bin
I confirm the tranfer to the receiver by looking at the folder /files list -
then i remove the USB cable that links the RX to the PC
and instantly - on the RX is an error message: "Update Failed"...
any tips?
** GET THIS - IT WORKED ** Not how you would expect it...  unless i missed an instruction to perform a FACTORY RESET after the update...
out of desparation - i went to RX and selected "Factory Reset" - after attempting the above - and guess what - it now shows - NOT the original SW version - but the new one!
Then when i turned on each transmitter (each having failed before) - they - after RX was "Factory Reset" - they both show the new SW too.
Looks like the instructions need to BOLD - "After performing the new update .bin file to each TX and RX - power all off.  Then Power on the RX and select "Settings, Factory Reset".. .  go back to settings and view Version  - the first version you will see is the RX version - it should be same as your new upload.
Next power up the first receiver and wait 10 to 20 seconds - then check at RX for it to be linked and go to Versions - scroll (swipe) left to see the TX version - it should be the new version!   Then power up the next Transmitter - check its version - and with some luck, like me - the newest versions will be showing for all!
Good Luck!!
2023-2-18
Use props
Byond Success
New

Malaysia

Keith Fl Posted at 2-18 11:08
I am having the same issue - following the provided instructions does not work on the 3 PC's i have tried - all windows 11 and up to date..I am attempting to update to dji_wirelessmic_rx_v02.00.72.87.bin
I confirm the tranfer to the receiver by looking at the folder /files list -
then i remove the USB cable that links the RX to the PC

Still Not working
2023-10-3
Use props
Marcom Republic
New

Pakistan

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-8-8 00:40
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. For additional reference I will post a DJI Tutorial Video on DJI Mic - How To Update the Firmware. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRZi7-ZEOW8

Its not working... Is there anyone who can assist?
2023-11-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Marcom Republic Posted at 11-15 01:59
Its not working... Is there anyone who can assist?

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience that it caused you. Please follow the troubleshooting steps:

1. Make sure that the latest version of firmware is downloaded from the download page of DJI Mic's official website.

2. Make sure that the downloaded firmware (.bin file) is placed in the root directory of the transmitter and receiver.

3. Download the firmware again and place it in the corresponding folder. Restart the transmitter or receiver, and the issue can be resolved.
2023-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules