Action 2 External mic extremely loud
2280 5 2022-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BMW330Clubsport
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi,

Recently purchased an Action 2 to use for POV car footage. As i need the exhaust sound from outside the car i need to hook up an external lavalier mic and tape it to the rear bumper.
Though the input via different options and adapters are way too loud and clip constantly.

I tried:

Boya TRS USB C adapter - Not working
Kiwibird USB C adapter TRS - Works but clips constantly (tried with Rode videomic and Zalman lav mic)

Boya BY-M3D USB C lav mic - Also clipping constantly
Mifrak MC1P Lav USB c - Not working at all

I know the gain can only set higher, not lower.

Anyone else know of a lav mic that would work in my case?
I'm thinking of trying the Saramonic Lavmicro u3B but i'm tired of trying..
2022-8-8
Use props
TheCivvie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 399160 ft
Ireland

I am having the same issue and I have bought at least 5 microphones to date. And a couple of different adaptors. I did wonder about an attenuator cable but at low speeds the mic seems ok. I ride a motorcycle. I think I am heading towards using a recording mic system instead
2022-8-16
Use props
peterjvh
lvl.1
Thailand

I have tried the Saramonic LavMicro U3A but clipping is unbearable.  So far, the best I've been able to get (for motovlogging) is cutting the ear pieces off of a USB handsfree phone adaptor and using the microphone by itself.  Works much better, but still a lot of clipping...
2022-10-4
Use props
TheCivvie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 399160 ft
Ireland

I bought the DJI Mic kit and it is so much better than any other external microphone I have bought. Even allows for negative gain both on the transmitter and receiver.
2022-10-14
Use props
fansbbd45b06
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85384 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey so glad I can help, I bought the rode usb type C and after about 30 seconds it completely distorts the audio, but the comica usb type C works great with the action 2, it sounds exactly the same as the ride video mic me it’s smaller and doesn’t freak out like the ride, I’ve also tried all the usb type C mics the comica is the only one that works, would also like to add that the tode wireless with an adapter also works
2023-1-2
Use props
BMW330Clubsport
lvl.1

Netherlands

fansbbd45b06 Posted at 1-2 03:53
Hey so glad I can help, I bought the rode usb type C and after about 30 seconds it completely distorts the audio, but the comica usb type C works great with the action 2, it sounds exactly the same as the ride video mic me it’s smaller and doesn’t freak out like the ride, I’ve also tried all the usb type C mics the comica is the only one that works, would also like to add that the tode wireless with an adapter also works

Thanjs! Which Comica usb type C do you mean? The lavalier mic, the adaptor or wireless transmitter?
2023-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules