DJI Go instructions or I need my old pilot app back
2164 9 2015-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kerickson
New

United States

I just updated my I Pad mini 2 and the pilot app that I just started using is now gone and replaced with the new DJI GO app. I cannot find any instructions and it is totally different from what I started learning to fly my drone on. I see no way to delete this app and add back in the old pilot app. I need help on understanding the new DJI Go app or my preference would be to find a way of installing the old pilot app for the I pad mini 2. Any suggestions. I am an new drone flyer. Thanks
2015-8-5
Use props
jipmars
lvl.2

Netherlands

Connect to your plane and open the app. It's all the same you were used to see.
2015-8-5
Use props
kerickson
New

United States

jipmars Posted at 2015-8-6 13:49

Thanks. Do I need to download the new firmware put out on 8-4-15 to make it work correctly? I just updated the plane and controller 3 days ago
2015-8-6
Use props
darreneger
lvl.1

Australia

jipmars Posted at 2015-8-6 13:49

The same EXCEPT you now can't open the app without having an aircraft connected.
This is stupid.
How can you familiarise yourself with the app this way?
How do we now preload maps?
Oh yeah, have the aircraft out and running.

This is stupid DJI
2015-8-6
Use props
kerickson
New

United States

darreneger@gmai Posted at 2015-8-6 21:51
The same EXCEPT you now can't open the app without having an aircraft connected.
This is stupid.  ...

Thanks I am updating now. I also do not understand why we have to have the aircraft on to look at the app. The old app was better in my opinion without turning on the aircraft.
2015-8-6
Use props
Drmarc83
New

Canada

I'll agree with the above but there seem to be many more issues with the GO app,   I've had my iPhone 6+ iOS 8.3 lock up mid flight twice now and had to hard reset the phone!   Also. The portrait orientation in the main screen is quite irritating when the phone is held in a landscape position by the controller!  And the new version of the Director function is so unintuitive compared to the original!  
2015-8-10
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Once you connect the craft you will be able to open the App without it being connected.  It is a one time deal.
2015-8-11
Use props
Nemmo
lvl.2

Russia

darreneger@gmai Posted at 2015-8-6 21:51
This is stupid.  ...

Thats right, but only for the first time ! If You connect an aircraft once, thet you will be able to open THE CAMERA VIEW in Go without any connection with the aircraft  simly  there will be NO SIGNAL.
2015-8-12
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

kerickson@earth Posted at 2015-8-6 22:13
Thanks I am updating now. I also do not understand why we have to have the aircraft on to look at  ...

You dont,  look again
2015-8-13
Use props
Alterastro
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Unless I'm going mad I couldn't access the camera. I connected my p3 and went into camera view fine, but when I tried again later it wouldn't let me, kept asking me to connect. However I've just updated GO to 2.1 and this has been resolved.
2015-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules